Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One last attempt to explain my way of thinking... :)

If I was planning to get married next summer (in fact, I am) and had two sisters (I don't) whom I knew wanted and planned for another child, this is what I personally would do:

I would pick 2 or 3 dates in the summer that would work for myself and others involved. I would then wait until around 6 months before summer to set the exact date. By then I would know if anyone of them would be highly pregnant at that time, and if so, I would pick a date that would make it possible for them to attend. Being pregnant or having a toddler at the wedding is of course possible, but if my sister was due around the time of my wedding, there would be a risk of her not being able to attend.

My family is more important to me than having a special date for my wedding. And I think that's the case for CP as well. He is close to his sisters. Of course he would want them to attend.

And yes, I'm sure that the wedding preparations has been on their way for quite a while now. There is a lot of things you can do without setting the exact date for a wedding.

And no, the most important thing here is not to speculate in possible pregnancies, but since I think that might explain why the wedding date might not be official for a while, I had to mention it.

:previous:
I think, this idea is less far away than some Posters think.

German Magazine Bunte for example nearly had a daily Online post series since 2 weeks about CP Victorias wide clothes, nearly daily belly watch and commenting her cancellation of activities.... the momentarily Peak is "now lay it on the line......" (that you are pregnant :whistling:, pls see link)......

Victoria von Schweden : Jetzt sag' doch endlich was! | BUNTE.de

So in case this may be true (I cross all my fingers for it) then this REALLY may have an Impact on the wedding date.
BYe Bine

Ready for wedding
35 weeks still...
SDT1442_HiResFiles(1)

And where did Svensk Damtidning get these 35 weeks?

From the paper version of Svensk Damtidning, they are just speculating:
The wedding is probably on Saturday, and since 6th June is the National Day, and 20th June is Midsummer Weekend, the wedding date could be either Saturday 13th June or Saturday 27th June. The Bernadottes have as a tradition to get married in June and Svensk Damtidning claims to know that Carl Philip has said that also he would like to get married in June.
Or if they want to break the traditions, they could get married in August. July isn't an alternative according to Svensk Damtidning, because so many of the royal families in Europe have holiday then.

I can not for the love of heaven believe what I am reading here, some of you think that the world stops just so PCP and SH can get married........what the h..............is that? CPC and his bride can get married anytime they want and so what if his sisters are going to have babies in the future.........birth control..........where are the brains of someone who thinks that V/M should use birth control just so their brother can have them at the wedding.........I have never heard such garbage in my life. Life for V/M will continue before and after the wedding........and if they have big bellies so what? PCP is not the heir, he rarely does anything in the way of working for the people of Sweden, he races cars and loses, he parties, he is not the savior of the family for goodness sake..........what age group thinks he is the best of the family? Okay done, you heard my rant.........got it off the chest and still can't believe what I have read...........

And this, people, is a clear example of someone who doesn't know how to deal with different opinions. To bad if this is a discussion forums.

And this, people, is a clear example of someone who doesn't know how to deal with different opinions. To bad if this is a discussion forums.

Very well put.

Pregnant or not the sisters will attend the wedding... I think it's ridiculous to say that they should postponed any baby project for the wedding! Each member has their own life... Cannot see the problem!

From my understanding Royal calendars are done months in advance, i would think they would have to notify these guest so that their wedding could be added to their schedules. Perhaps, this will be a family and personal friends only wedding without royals so no rush to announce a date.

:previous:

Considering that the King of Sweden is first cousins with the Queen of Denmark (who is Carl Philip's godmother), the Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and the former Queen of Greece, as well as the Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, it is extremely unlikely that foreign royals will not be invited.

Not to mention that many of the royals would be considering 'personal friends' of the family as well.

I would be surprised if the wedding date is not announced by December, or the end of the year at the latest.

Last edited:
:previous:Most royals will shift around some engagements to make sure that there are at least some representatives to attend. Remember the Cambridge wedding? Wasn't it 3 or 4 months after setting the date? It worked.

Surely at least the closely related and personally befriended royals will pour into Sweden for sure.

:previous:Most royals will shift around some engagements to make sure that there are at least some representatives to attend. Remember the Cambridge wedding? Wasn't it 3 or 4 months after setting the date? It worked.

Surely at least the closely related and personally befriended royals will pour into Sweden for sure.

Maybe they did know before it was officially announced?
Didn't the Duke of Anhalt state in an interview that there was an engagement happening in a few months and even though the BRF denied it the engagement did happen just around when he said it would?!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I only wrote what I wrote because someone wrote, that maybe they wait with announcing a date because one of his sisters could be pregnant. I don't think they shouldn't be pregnant at the wedding. For me it's totally unimportant how their bellies look like at the wedding. I just wanted to say that I don't think PCP and Sofia should arrange their days arround the hypotetical baby plans of his sisters but around only around their own lifes. They shouldn't wait until after it's sure that neither V nor M is pregnant to search and announce a date. That wouldn't be fair to PCP and S. That's all I meant after someone brought up the idea of PCP and S having to wait fpr a date until after it's sure that there are no pregnancies. So please cool down, okay.
I doubt seriously if PCP and his bride even think about when, where, why or even how his sisters are going to have babies so that they can plan their wedding..............I think they will get married when they darn feel like it regardless of babies or not.....and that is their choice and I hope they tell the world soon for it seems like some people are dying, breathing their last breath, crawling the walls, being a fly on the wall, in wanting to know this date with bated breath.............and life goes on even if nobody but the groom and bride know............:lol::lol: :)

Since Madeleines date wasn't announced until the end of December , I guess this one won't be either.

Since Madeleines date wasn't announced until the end of December , I guess this one won't be either.

But you have to remember, that Madeleine and Chris got engaged at the end of October. And two months after they were able to tell the wedding date and place. Carl Philip and Sofia got engaged at the end of June. It has gone almost four months and they haven't been able to decide, or they don't want to tell it in public yet. Or maybe Carl Philip tells it tomorrow at the TV-interview.

I think it will be announced soon.

:previous:I sure hope so for then we all can decided what SH will wear, will she show her tattoos, will she wear the cameo tiara, will she have a carriage, who will she invite, where will she marry, where will she live, will she be labeled a princess or duchess, where will she honeymoon, is she preggies, :lol::lol::lol:, when is the baby due, is it a girl or boy and the list goes on and on forever with this couple and they are laughing their butts off at us for we know absolutely nothing and never will until they tell us......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh I forgot who is designing the wedding gown...............:bang::bang::bang:

It has been a while since their engagement was announced, so something should be coming up soon. The months of wedding fever will then officially begin.

Here's a suggestion - either set a date or go to Vegas, your royalnessses.

What possible purpose is served by not announcing the date? I feel sure the Swedish tourism industry gets a bump during a royal wedding and would appreciate knowing the date!

What possible purpose is served by not announcing the date? I feel sure the Swedish tourism industry gets a bump during a royal wedding and would appreciate knowing the date!

Maybe they just want to be egoistic for a while longer and keep their date for themselves for a while longer, just like some couples don't scream it to the world that they're expecting a minute after their home test showed positiv? That's purpose enough for me and even though I want to know the date also, I can accept it if they want to hold their date a secret a while longer. There's absolutely no harm done, because the tourism industry will get into the wedding hype soon enough. They can manage a few weeks more of waiting. :flowers:

Since he was participating in a tv program where,( let's face it, you want visibility or pr for bad or good reasons,) he should have lied and said there was not date because I don't see the point in this...

And I don't see a point in lying. There is a date and I'm the progress is in full swing behind the scenes. What should it matter if some strangers that aren't involved in the least in this wedding know the date or don't. It would have caused more negativity if he would have lied and it later would come in the open that he lied. Giving a true information but holding something back is way better for his reputation than lying about it.

And I don't see a point in lying. There is a date and I'm the progress is in full swing behind the scenes. What should it matter if some strangers that aren't involved in the least in this wedding know the date or don't. It would have caused more negativity if he would have lied and it later would come in the open that he lied. Giving a true information but holding something back is way better for his reputation than lying about it.

we'll agree to disagree then... no problem

Maybe they just want to be egoistic for a while longer and keep their date for themselves for a while longer, just like some couples don't scream it to the world that they're expecting a minute after their home test showed positiv? That's purpose enough for me and even though I want to know the date also, I can accept it if they want to hold their date a secret a while longer. There's absolutely no harm done, because the tourism industry will get into the wedding hype soon enough. They can manage a few weeks more of waiting. :flowers:

But a few weeks can be a jolly nuisance for people who are planning their holidays for that period. If they have a date fixed, I don't understand why they don't share it. It will still be very dear to the couple. Why does keeping it secret from the public make it any more dear?

^Indeed. It makes no sense IMHO.

Keeping the fact of the engagement to themselves, or a baby to themselves as a special secret makes sense. But announcing the engagement, and then setting a date and keeping that bit a secret does not, unless they are eloping.

It seems like since they have a date, it'll be announced very soon. I think Carl Philip is leaving it to the palace to announce it. He's also trying to keep up some suspense for the wedding. It makes no sense to keep it off this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom