The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

I can't wait to see which tiara she wears. I am hoping that she chooses the Connaught tiara. It would look pretty agains her hair.

I hope her dress is modest. Sure hope she covers her tattoos.

She will be a beautiful bride!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I can't wait to see which tiara she wears. I am hoping that she chooses the Connaught tiara. It would look pretty agains her hair.

I hope her dress is modest. Sure hope she covers her tattoos.

She will be a beautiful bride!
I completely agree! The Connaught was a lovely bridal tiara for Princess Christina, it works well with a veil and looks quite romantic. I'm sure it would look stunning on Sofia.

When Victoria and Madeleine got married, I had hoped for the Connaught as well. And then her Madeleine / Princess Birgitta arrived with it and my hope was gone.

About the comments of Queen Silvia: I wonder if this is salami tactics? They probably already know where they want the wedding to take place. But they start slowly by hinting that it might not be in Stockholm. I hope that the next salami slices are coming soon! Especially the slice with the date written on it. I want to mark in the calendar.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Majesty

Well the Connaught is certainly the most "Fairytale Bride" tiara in the Swedish stash.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tquuTgHBxa..._Connaught.jpg
Old 09-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Courtier

Have they said at what date, specifically, they expect to announce more details?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Have they said at what date, specifically, they expect to announce more details?
The court has already said that they'll publish more details in autumn, so we'll probably get some news in about 10 days time, but of course autumn lasts till December, so idk if it'll the be beginning or end of the season ....but I think it'll be somewhere in the beginning of it
Old 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
The court has already said that they'll publish more details in autumn, so we'll probably get some news in about 10 days time, but of course autumn lasts till December, so idk if it'll the be beginning or end of the season ....but I think it'll be somewhere in the beginning of it
It also depends on what the court sees as the start of "autumn". The meteorological autumn already started on September 1st, but the astronomical autumn will start on September 23rd.
Perhaps I go way too deep, but I also want some official news. Patience () does the trick here...
Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Be patient we'll have news soon enough. The autumn in Sweden is short. Winter is coming 😱🔫⛄️

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Be patient we'll have news soon enough. The autumn in Sweden is short. Winter is coming 😱🔫⛄️

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
The autumn in Sweden is short? How so?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Courtier

I'll still going for Saturday, 30 May, 2015. Hope there is a live link so I can watch it from the UK. Shame I won't be able to understand a word they are saying. I wish they would put English sub-titles on?
Old 09-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I'll still going for Saturday, 30 May, 2015. Hope there is a live link so I can watch it from the UK. Shame I won't be able to understand a word they are saying. I wish they would put English sub-titles on?
Angeiuk, A late May wedding would be superb!!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Courtier

I suppose she'll be a 'June' bride in reality.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that it was clear from the beginning that the court doesn't give information before the elections. And now when Sweden gets a new prime minister and government, they wait until the new government is formed.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think that it was clear from the beginning that the court doesn't give information before the elections. And now when Sweden gets a new prime minister and government, they wait until the new government is formed.
That was not clear to me, and according to regeringen.se the marriage has been approved, but on the news here I saw Prime Minister Reinfeldt saying that he will hand over the function of Prime Minister to his successor in the spring. Is that not a terribly long wait and way too short in advance to plan a wedding?

The court press department also said that the planning would start in autumn. In the utmost case the planning starts from September 23rd onwards, so what if a new government is not formed until winter?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Reinfeldt will resign as leader of his own party (Moderaterna) this spring. He has already handed in his and the government resignation to the speaker of the house, and it has been accepted. The parlimentary situation here is tricky, so I predict that it will take some time before we have a new government.

But as of today, the election process is over. I see no reason why the court shouldn't announce a wedding date now, if they have one.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Nobility

I think early June 2015.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That was not clear to me, and according to regeringen.se the marriage has been approved, but on the news here I saw Prime Minister Reinfeldt saying that he will hand over the function of Prime Minister to his successor in the spring. Is that not a terribly long wait and way too short in advance to plan a wedding?

The court press department also said that the planning would start in autumn. In the utmost case the planning starts from September 23rd onwards, so what if a new government is not formed until winter?
Reinfeldt said that he will resign from his job as the Chairman of the Moderate Party next spring. He has already resigned as the prime minister.
I meant that the court doesn't give any information about the wedding date, because they wanted to respect the elections, and now they want to respect the challenging task at the formation of the new government and not mess this up with announcement of a wedding date. The swedish press has focused on some weeks very much on the elections and now as the result was quite surprising, there is a lot to speculate and write about the formation of the new government.
It has nothing to do with the government's acceptance for the marriage. I'm quite certain that the wedding date and place have already been decided. But when they tell it, is totally different thing.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

I imagine the Royal Court will start preparations and organising what they can now in advance of a suitable announcement date - ordering a shop full of flowers, 20,000 vol-au-vents and writing some lists shouldn't have an impact on government formation lol
Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Reinfeldt said that he will resign from his job as the Chairman of the Moderate Party next spring. He has already resigned as the prime minister.
I meant that the court doesn't give any information about the wedding date, because they wanted to respect the elections, and now they want to respect the challenging task at the formation of the new government and not mess this up with announcement of a wedding date. The swedish press has focused on some weeks very much on the elections and now as the result was quite surprising, there is a lot to speculate and write about the formation of the new government.
It has nothing to do with the government's acceptance for the marriage. I'm quite certain that the wedding date and place have already been decided. But when they tell it, is totally different thing.
I see your point, but in my opinion it is a lot to wait until a new government is formed - who knows how long that will take?
What if there will only be a new government by, say, mid-December. Would they really wait until then? I doubt it.

I understand that they wanted to respect the elections and that they also respect the formation of the new government but in my opinion one does not necessarily have to exclude the other. I also do not see it as 'messing up' by announcing the wedding date.
Life in the government as well as life at the court goes on and one waiting for the other can cause confliction in long-term planning.

As long as there are no official announcements, I am not certain of anything having been decided - I can not take a look in their agenda
Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I see your point, but in my opinion it is a lot to wait until a new government is formed - who knows how long that will take?
What if there will only be a new government by, say, mid-December. Would they really wait until then? I doubt it.

I understand that they wanted to respect the elections and that they also respect the formation of the new government but in my opinion one does not necessarily have to exclude the other. I also do not see it as 'messing up' by announcing the wedding date.
Life in the government as well as life at the court goes on and one waiting for the other can cause confliction in long-term planning.

As long as there are no official announcements, I am not certain of anything having been decided - I can not take a look in their agenda
Maybe a letter could be sent to the government asking if they could please let everyone it's business and what to do in regards to this wedding as there are many who are so desperate to know what is going on...............goodness gracious is privacy gone down the drain or what?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Majesty

I am looking forward to seeing the plans for this unique wedding next year. Needless to say, irrespective of what the plans are, there will be a fair amount of debate and commentary :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding