The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, Madeleine's and Chris weddind date was told just before the Christmas, but Madeleine and Chris got engaged in the end of October, Carl Philip and Sofia in the end of June.
With a long subsequent summer, so they already crossed that 'two months' period.
Anyway, tomorrow the fall begins and keeping in mind what the court press department has said, I expect some wedding news (at least the date and location) from the moment the future groom has returned from the Baltic Sea.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Just wondering when the first bit of information is released in September, maybe?

What will be announced?

1. Church, and Wedding Date
2. Wedding Dress Designer
3. Bridesmaids and pageboys (will this include her sisters) as Bridesmaids?
4. Tiara (not known until the day)
5. Colour of flowers (not known until the day)
6. What type of wedding ring (not known until the day)

Tiara/Crown of her church? Perhaps she will have two like the kings sister Deseree?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not sure of your meaning. Can you please clafify? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I am not sure of your meaning. Can you please clafify? Thanks!

It has been mentioned a few times on the boards that Swedish women will many times wear the crown of their Parrish for their wedding. I was asking opinions as to what people thought, as this is a large possibility.

Princess Deseree, one of the kings sisters wore a crown from the parish for the church wedding, and wore a family tiara later during the celebrations.

Sorry for the confusion!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:21 AM
Serene Highness

http://www.dt.se/dalarna/alvdalen/kj...som-silversmed

If this link works you'll see the bridal crown belonging to Sofia's home parish of Älvdalen on picture nr 2.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
It has been mentioned a few times on the boards that Swedish women will many times wear the crown of their Parrish for their wedding. I was asking opinions as to what people thought, as this is a large possibility.

Princess Deseree, one of the kings sisters wore a crown from the parish for the church wedding, and wore a family tiara later during the celebrations.

Sorry for the confusion!
I didn't know that that Princess Desiree wore a tiara during the celebrations. Are there pictures of her? I have only ever seen the pictures of her with the wedding crown from the church.

As for Sofia, I can't picture her in a church wedding crown. It might give the image that she's not fully accepted by the family. And as much as some people cling to the idea that she isn't, the SWR makes great effort to explicitly show their exeptance of Sofia as CP's bride.

Also, I think it is a matter of fashion. And bridal tiaras have been very popular over the last 20 years or so. Up into the 1990's we saw tiara-less brides from tiara-owning families. Sibilla Weilller/Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg in 1994, Princess Astrid of Belgium in 1984, but also ladies from Princess Desiree's generation like Princesses Ragnhild and Astrid of Norway and even Queen Sonja come to mind, as well as several less well known brides from non-ruling families. On the other and Märtha-Louise and Mette-Marit have been the first generation of tiara-wearing brides in Norway. This makes me believe that Sofia will follow the trend to wear a diamond tiara on her wedding day.

There have also been statements from jewellery houses that claimed that tiaras are very popular right now, and they have been selling more new tiaras than some years ago.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I didn't know that that Princess Desiree wore a tiara during the celebrations. Are there pictures of her? I have only ever seen the pictures of her with the wedding crown from the church.

As for Sofia, I can't picture her in a church wedding crown. It might give the image that she's not fully accepted by the family. And as much as some people cling to the idea that she isn't, the SWR makes great effort to explicitly show their exeptance of Sofia as CP's bride.

Also, I think it is a matter of fashion. And bridal tiaras have been very popular over the last 20 years or so. Up into the 1990's we saw tiara-less brides from tiara-owning families. Sibilla Weilller/Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg in 1994, Princess Astrid of Belgium in 1984, but also ladies from Princess Desiree's generation like Princesses Ragnhild and Astrid of Norway and even Queen Sonja come to mind, as well as several less well known brides from non-ruling families. On the other and Märtha-Louise and Mette-Marit have been the first generation of tiara-wearing brides in Norway. This makes me believe that Sofia will follow the trend to wear a diamond tiara on her wedding day.

There have also been statements from jewellery houses that claimed that tiaras are very popular right now, and they have been selling more new tiaras than some years ago.
As far as I can find, Princess Désirée only wore the Cameo Tiara for her wedding:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
As far as I can find, Princess Désirée only wore the Cameo Tiara for her wedding:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1.
Ooops, sorry! It was Princess Margareta who wore the wedding crown:
http://s3.postimg.org/5xew81ajn/se_margareta.jpg
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I see it, yes. And I do not find it attractive at all. I hope and I guess that Sofia will 'just' wear a nice tiara.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Kjell slutar som silversmed - dt.se

If this link works you'll see the bridal crown belonging to Sofia's home parish of Älvdalen on picture nr 2.
It's so teeny-tiny. How would that be positioned on anyone's head? In a nest or crown of flowers?

P.S. The red jewels would go well with Sofia's coloring, though. If only it were a Christmas wedding! Sigh'
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh....kay. Well that will be interesting.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I see it, yes. And I do not find it attractive at all. I hope and I guess that Sofia will 'just' wear a nice tiara.

LOL...even I wouldn't wish that monstrosity upon poor Sofia. It looks like something Angeline Jolie could have worn in that Maleficent Disney movie!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Actually the wedding crown reminds me less of Hollywood, and more of folklore and national costumes steeped in the traditions of a country. It is the tradition that has been there first, Disney just copied bits and pieces. But I agree that this particular crown is not very appealing for a modern bride. And I'd still bet that Sofia will wear one of the royal tiaras.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Courtier

I believe in the UK and Europe, the guests tend to wear daytime suits and fitted dress and coat.

In Sweden I notice both Princesses wore long evening gowns to each other's weddings. Is it likely Sofia's wedding guests will be in long gowns and tiaras?

I think Sofia will be a stunning bride, and she always has a lovely warm smile on her face.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Did we already have this one as a possible dress choice?
Oleg Cassini Wedding Dresses Spring 2015 Bridal Runway Shows Brides.com | Wedding Dresses Style | Brides.com

I'm not the best judge of weddingdresses, but i quite like this and i can see it working with some big jewels (which i hope we'll see..)
Ohhhhh, love this one!!!
She's slender and can wear, shoulders covered elegant!!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson thinks that Sofia will chose a swedish designer, although she has used for example Roland Mouret's dress, she is a fan of swedish design. She has wore Gant, Filippa K and Valerie.
Danielsson thinks that if Sofia chooses swedish on her wedding day, it could be Göran Alfredsson who will design it. It probably will not be as austere as Victoria's but not in continuous lace that Princess Madeleine's.
Modeexperten Sofia Hellqvists bröllopsklänning kommer vara svensk design Stoppa Pressarna
Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Speaking of the wedding, did anyone manage to read this article:

http://svenskdam.se/2014/09/drottnin...fia-hellqvist/?

With some Googling I managed to find out that Queen Silvia is apparently hinting that the wedding will not take place in Stockholm, but who knows?

It has been removed from the website and I found a piece of an interview with Queen Silvia on aftonbladet.se: ’Sofia har verkligen kommit in i familjen’ | Nyheter Feature | Nyheter | Aftonbladet, but I do not have the resources to read the full article.

According to me this is the longest wait we have had until the announcement of the wedding date and location.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
With some Googling I managed to find out that Queen Silvia is apparently hinting that the wedding will not take place in Stockholm, but who knows?
Ah-so.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Speaking of the wedding, did anyone manage to read this article:

http://svenskdam.se/2014/09/drottnin...fia-hellqvist/?

It has been removed from the website and I found a piece of an interview with Queen Silvia on aftonbladet.se: ’Sofia har verkligen kommit in i familjen’ | Nyheter Feature | Nyheter | Aftonbladet, but I do not have the resources to read the full article.

According to me this is the longest wait we have had until the announcement of the wedding date and location.
I read the article from Svensk Damtidning before it was taken away (maybe Aftonbladet demanded that because it was strictly quoting their original interview). Queen Silvia said: "Prince Carl Philip is the Duke of Värmland and Sofia grew up in Dalarna and then we have Öland".

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow (who has been the TV-host at the royal weddings and christenings) writes at her blog about being "on a secret recording to a becoming TV-project". And there is a photo of the Kalmar Castle at the post.
Hemligheter i septembersol Ebbas Blogg SVT.se

There is of course a church at the Kalmar Castle. And it's about 40 kilometers from Gärdslösa church in Öland to Kalmar Castle, and 36 kilometers from Räpplinge church to Kalmar Castle, Carl Philip and Sofia have been told to have visited in both these churches.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Majesty

I would like it when the Duke of Värmland would marry in... Värmland. Karlstad would be the best place (the capital of Värmland), I already mentioned it a few pages earlier in this thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding