The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Majesty

I have created a new thread where the posts relating to potential tiara's Sofia might wear on her wedding. Could the mods please move the discussion there please, thank you.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Why do we need a new thread? We are talking about which tiara she will wear for her wedding which seems to be a perfectly okay topic in a thread called "Wedding suggestions and musings".

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Why do we need a new thread? We are talking about which tiara she will wear for her wedding which seems to be a perfectly okay topic in a thread called "Wedding suggestions and musings".
Agree, otherwise we would also need a separate thread for the gown and then were will it all end..
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have found the tiara! Celine Dion's headpiece which I think has a certain charm, the rude summation notwithstanding. (It has potential - I'm not joking).

LINK: 9 Ugliest Celebrity Wedding Dresses - Answers.com
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I have found the tiara! Celine Dion's headpiece which I think has a certain charm, the rude summation notwithstanding. (It has potential - I'm not joking).

LINK: 9 Ugliest Celebrity Wedding Dresses - Answers.com
TBH, Dion's headdress reminds me of showgirls in Vegas. What sprung to mind first off was a comedy skit in "I Love Lucy" where Lucy tries to be a showgirl and has a very hard time keeping her balace as she descends steps with a huge headdress on.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

Is it safe to assume that the wedding planning will begin when Carl Philip has returned from his navy mission at the Baltic Sea?

It would be nice to have at least a wedding date to look forward to.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the planning is already under way. The security, the media, the accomodation, the tranport, etc. Most likely it is already on full steam now.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think the planning is already under way. The security, the media, the accomodation, the tranport, etc. Most likely it is already on full steam now.
I took the explanation of the Swedish Royal Family's press department, that the planning would start in the autumn, quite literally - it isn't autumn yet...
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Is it safe to assume that the wedding planning will begin when Carl Philip has returned from his navy mission at the Baltic Sea?

It would be nice to have at least a wedding date to look forward to.
Yes, i do think it's safe to assume, as the baltic mission already starts next week; according to the swedish royal agenda it will end on 11-09. According to the agenda P.C-P has his next event after that on 24-09, and that's also about the start of the autumn, so i'll hope there'll be some wedding news then

Such a long wait.....
Old 08-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I took the explanation of the Swedish Royal Family's press department, that the planning would start in the autumn, quite literally - it isn't autumn yet...
You can be sure that the blueprint is already out of the drawer, that Sveriges Television is already looking at the schedules and arrangements for all cameras and equipment, that the police force is already in contact with the Court Marshall, that a task force is formed at the palace, etc. Of course all gets an official start when location and date are set. Before being able to announce location and date, the task force needs to have done pre-work to be sure that there are no hindrances for the chosen location and date.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
You can be sure that the blueprint is already out of the drawer, that Sveriges Television is already looking at the schedules and arrangements for all cameras and equipment, that the police force is already in contact with the Court Marshall, that a task force is formed at the palace, etc. Of course all gets an official start when location and date are set. Before being able to announce location and date, the task force needs to have done pre-work to be sure that there are no hindrances for the chosen location and date.
Oh, i'm sure you are right, but those are the boring preparations; we want the fun frilly preparations where we can join in the fun with all kinds of useless suggestions to which they won't listen anyway
Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Oh, i'm sure you are right, but those are the boring preparations; we want the fun frilly preparations where we can join in the fun with all kinds of useless suggestions to which they won't listen anyway
Well, for starters I want the date to look forward to. It makes the wedding more tangible for me. Up to now it's still kind of hanging in the air.
And I suppose we will start to see Sofia again when Carl Philip is back from the Baltic Sea.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Majesty

No one can tell me that Sofia, with able assisted from Queen Silvia and perhaps even Princess Victoria, are not looking at lots of pretty pictures of gorgeous wedding confections. Deciding what size fits what church, colours, flowers and all things girly.

Let's face it, all Carl Philip, along with most every other groom, has to do is turn up.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
No one can tell me that Sofia, with able assisted from Queen Silvia and perhaps even Princess Victoria, are not looking at lots of pretty pictures of gorgeous wedding confections. Deciding what size fits what church, colours, flowers and all things girly.
Agreed. And I suspect she may have been giving a bit of thought to her dress.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
TBH, Dion's headdress reminds me of showgirls in Vegas. What sprung to mind first off was a comedy skit in "I Love Lucy" where Lucy tries to be a showgirl and has a very hard time keeping her balace as she descends steps with a huge headdress on.
Both the original wedding and their anniversary vow renewal ceremony were breathtakingly tacky. Of course she's never been known for her fashion savoire-faire...get it litle french fashion joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Let's face it, all Carl Philip, along with most every other groom, has to do is turn up.
I certainly hope that there will be some helpful guidance from QS and PV. At the very least I would hope that the tatoos will be covered. The ones on the nape of her neck and arm could prove tricky. The one on her side will hopefully be covered....
Old 08-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Well considering how odd it has been temperature wise around here for June, July and August, we've actually skipped over Summer and just went from Spring straight to Autumn. Or at least it feels like it. The last two days have been the exception w/it getting into the high 20s/almost 30 and feeling like Summer weather, but other than that... It's only been until the last two days the highest it was, was around 21 or 22, but a cool 21 or 22 degrees.

It's just out and out been a weird Summer around here. Anyway...

I can't see there not being an announcement regarding the date and location of the Wedding coming any later than early October. Not only for the fact of starting to get the Security plans underway, but also because of the Royal guests who will be invited. We all know the Royal Calendar is planned many months in advance and I'm guessing here, but I would imagine needing to know the date for something Summer 2015, would have to announced no later than that 1st week of October. Both to add it to the Calendar of Events and for the respective Royal Families/Houses invited to figure out who to send and work it in.

As I said, I have no idea if that's true or not and only a shot in the dark guess on my part, but there it is. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did we already have this one as a possible dress choice?
Oleg Cassini Wedding Dresses Spring 2015 Bridal Runway Shows Brides.com | Wedding Dresses Style | Brides.com

I'm not the best judge of weddingdresses, but i quite like this and i can see it working with some big jewels (which i hope we'll see..)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Just wondering when the first bit of information is released in September, maybe?

What will be announced?

1. Church, and Wedding Date
2. Wedding Dress Designer
3. Bridesmaids and pageboys (will this include her sisters) as Bridesmaids?
4. Tiara (not known until the day)
5. Colour of flowers (not known until the day)
6. What type of wedding ring (not known until the day)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Majesty

I think we will have new in december orättvis january
For Madeleine and chris wedding the first info we got in december i think
Old 08-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I think we will have new in december orättvis january
For Madeleine and chris wedding the first info we got in december i think
Yes, Madeleine's and Chris weddind date was told just before the Christmas, but Madeleine and Chris got engaged in the end of October, Carl Philip and Sofia in the end of June.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding