Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald Separate: March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in the end what truly matters is that they are both happy. No point in sticking to a relationship that's not working anymore! But I imagine this must be a difficult time for them - the end of a relationship is always painful, whatever the circumstances may be.

Svensk Damtidning says they are still together!

oh hell...i wish they'd just say it to the whole world themselves...shout it out if they must- yo ppl! we are so not together anymore!....it'd make things a lot easier for the rest of us...since we seem to be going mad speculating...but that's just me...

I agree with you, indian princess.
Imo it's strange because if they were still together: what's the problem with just saying it?

Emma Pernald told Espressen newspaper’s reporter the following:

“There have no dramatic changes happened in my life recently.
Recent news about my private life are just speculation.”

I would say that this is (depending on your point of view) either a vague denial of a separation, or an annoyingly aloof statement which achieves to actually say very little.
A frank 'I have no idea what the papers are writing about, because the Prince and I are still together' it’s definitely not.

Just ... in my personal opinion ...

Perhaps ... the mass media should leave them alone. The split from such high-profile relationship tends to be painful and somewhat embarrassing, especially for Miss Pernald. Even if the Prince Carl Philip issued an official statement about the separations, people would not leave them alone by trying to figure out who initiated the split or what promoted them to separate.

Emma Pernald told Espressen newspaper’s reporter the following:

“There have no dramatic changes happened in my life recently.
Recent news about my private life are just speculation.”

I would say that this is (depending on your point of view) either a vague denial of a separation, or an annoyingly aloof statement which achieves to actually say very little.
A frank 'I have no idea what the papers are writing about, because the Prince and I are still together' it’s definitely not.

IMO this confirms nothing. Maybe the break up wasn't recent, maybe she doesn't consider it a dramatic change, or maybe there is no break up at all.

IMO this confirms nothing. Maybe the break up wasn't recent, maybe she doesn't consider it a dramatic change, or maybe there is no break up at all.

Exactly.
I´d wish one could say "Time will show" here...but we talk about the Swedish Royals...aka the Royal House of Stuck-ness.

So ppl like Al_bina shouldn´t worry too much. ;) A break-up between Emma and Carl Philip would be nothing like the break-up between Madonna and Guy, or the (fake?) one between William and Kate in 2007. It seems Carl Philip has no duties until the very end of November. And I guess there he wouldn´t be asked about a break-up...since everything would be forgotten until then...

Well ... I just feel sorry for Miss Pernald ... :verysad::verysad:A split is a painful process ...

I cannot get over how much Emma resembles Queen Silvia when she was young -

Well ... I just feel sorry for Miss Pernald ... :verysad::verysad:A split is a painful process ...

That´s for sure. But they have had a break before. Sometimes a final cut to an on/off relationship is some kind of relief and a lot better than leading it on...though 9 years is a long time of course...

BTW I´ve noted, that he was on Mauritius on Monday already. Then Emma had turned 29.

I cannot get over how much Emma resembles Queen Silvia when she was young -

Apart from the fact that they are both brunettes, I don't see any resemblance at all... the then-Silvia Sommerlath was quite a different type, besides being a true classic beauty.
Today a possible reason for Emma Pernald not joining the Prince on Mauritius on her birthday was speculated on in the Swedish press - her father had a stroke recently and she supposedly spends a lot of time with him. Which might or might not be the case.

Boris, I agree with you. They're both brunettes and that's it pretty much.

But I think if Emma stayed home because of her father, CP could've stayed with her, I mean, if they are a couple still, that would be a nice gesture considering how a stroke of your maybe-future-in-law isn't a very nice thing.

Jenny Alexandersson is trying very hard on her blog to assure everyone that Emma and Carl Philip are still together...I wonder why she mentions it all the time.

But I think if Emma stayed home because of her father, CP could've stayed with her, I mean, if they are a couple still, that would be a nice gesture considering how a stroke of your maybe-future-in-law isn't a very nice thing.

Yes. I thought it strange too. I'm trying to put myself in Emma's shoes - dad has a stroke - boyfriend off to Mauritius for holiday.

???!!!

They've been a couple for 9 years. When you've been with someone for 9 years, you don't take off for a tropical holiday when your partner's dad has a stroke! CP's holiday without Emma is not in itself a telling thing IMO, but his holiday without her at what must be a difficult time for her and her family - yikes.

Yes. I thought it strange too. I'm trying to put myself in Emma's shoes - dad has a stroke - boyfriend off to Mauritius for holiday.

???!!!

They've been a couple for 9 years. When you've been with someone for 9 years, you don't take off for a tropical holiday when your partner's dad has a stroke! CP's holiday without Emma is not in itself a telling thing IMO, but his holiday without her at what must be a difficult time for her and her family - yikes.
And why not? Emma works full time and visits her dad - at least according to the Swedish press - on her time off from work. Carl Philip would most likely not spend the same amount of time with Emma's family that she does. He was only gone for two weeks. Life does not stop because you girlfriends father had a stroke six months ago. I hope the father recovers and the family will get some relief and rest.

And why not? Emma works full time and visits her dad - at least according to the Swedish press - on her time off from work. Carl Philip would most likely not spend the same amount of time with Emma's family that she does. He was only gone for two weeks. Life does not stop because you girlfriends father had a stroke six months ago. I hope the father recovers and the family will get some relief and rest.
Might be...probably "no vacation work-wise" is the real explanation (IMO it was quite fishy, that Johan T. Lindwall brought the stroke up to support his point. If fam. Pernald was left alone until now, they should be left alone further)
But I still think...it´s not the nicest gesture, that a partner is missing a girlfriend´s birthday after a difficult period for fun reasons. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?

I hope they did break-up,the Swedish forum could use a shake-up,Victoria is boring.

I hope they did break-up,the Swedish forum could use a shake-up,Victoria is boring.

Errr...I don't think we can expect them to break up just to amuse us! :rolleyes: Of course now we all have something to talk about but really, but for their sake, I hope the speculation is only that and nothing more.

grevinnan, sorry I still have to disagree with you about the holiday. Speaking from a personal point of view, I would not go away for a tropical holiday during a time coinciding with my boyfriend's birthday when my boyfriend is worrying over the health of his parent. Likewise, I would be hurt if my boyfriend went away for a fun holiday when I'm trying to deal with my father's stroke! Life does not stop if your gf's father had a stroke, but perhaps it could be put on hold for a little while?

Of course I admit I'm applying my own personal view on things. It's impossible for us outsiders to make valid judgements since we really know nothing about Emma and CP as a couple. All we know of them is what we see in the media, which is misleading because there is so much that is not shown - only they can understand the real truth about their relationship. So I'll try not to be judgemental :angel: and hope that everything - however it turns out - is for the best.

Of course royalty is here to amuse us,what else are they good for?

Of course royalty is here to amuse us,what else are they good for?

Charity work, serving their countries, using their fame to bring awareness where awareness is needed, and as Victoria herself has mentioned to serve as an "advertisement" for Sweden. They are not just dumb hollywood celebrities. Thank goodness for that!

Might be...probably "no vacation work-wise" is the real explanation (IMO it was quite fishy, that Johan T. Lindwall brought the stroke up to support his point. If fam. Pernald was left alone until now, they should be left alone further)
But I still think...it´s not the nicest gesture, that a partner is missing a girlfriend´s birthday after a difficult period for fun reasons. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?
I always make the assumption that the royals have the ability to make decisions among themselves that are acceptable to all involved. To assume they need web posters to direct them to make the "right" decision is on the arrogant side.

I always make the assumption that the royals have the ability to make decisions among themselves that are acceptable to all involved. To assume they need web posters to direct them to make the "right" decision is on the arrogant side.

This is here not about directing, but about having an opinion, and I guess everyone is entitled to have one without being accused of being arrogant. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?

Yes, that´s what I am thinking (or let´s say bisexual). But and this should be really underlined: Even though others share my theory, there is no ultimate proof
It´s more based on feelings, rumours and pix, which can be read two ways.

add me to this group. I always thought something was up between him and Victoria's other Daniel. Who knows, I may be completely wrong.

Anyways, it looks like he and Emma are still together. If I was in her shoes, I would be looking for some formal, legal procedures soon.

Who's Victoria's other Daniel?

Daniel Collert. Or as some people refer to him the "cute Daniel". Victoria had a long term relationship with him before the current Daniel. Come to think of it, I don't think the Swedish siblings know how to have short-term affairs ;)

No offense but I hope Emma pernald is not Carl philips future wife and it's not because I like him which I don't ,Although I find him to be an attractive man.And I'm wayyyy to young. It's just Emma does not seem like a nice person which you can tell through pictures and experience.

No offense but I hope Emma pernald is not Carl philips future wife and it's not because I like him which I don't ,Although I find him to be an attractive man.And I'm wayyyy to young. It's just Emma does not seem like a nice person which you can tell through pictures and experience.

Hello everyone,
I am new here :), and​
Returning to the issue I totally agree with you ... i don't know why she was not yet convinced me....... and forgiveness for my English, I am still not very good at this :ermm:

I'm not a fan of Emma too. Well I think she's a beautifull person but I don't see any chemistry between the too.

Just a question: We know that the rumour about break is false but why emma was not at Victoria and Daniel's engagement privat party? Madeleine was with Jonas and I don't see any picture of emma. She was at the party or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom