Can Carl Philip and Madeleine Marry before Victoria?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Darkness

Aristocracy
City
NoName
Country
Germany
I read, that Princess Madeleine may not marry until Crownprincess Victoria is married. Is this true? I can't believe it...

I read, that Princess Madeleine may not marry until Crownprincess Victoria is married. Is this true? I can't believe it...

Is that may not marry as in "she possibly won't marry" or as is "she is not allowed to marry"?

If its "she is not allowed to marry" until Victoria marries then that is quite unfair. Poor girl.

What if Victoria doesn't marry at all? Very unlikely, but it can happen. Does that mean that Madeleine can't be happily married either?

I'm sorry...

Is that may not marry as in "she possibly won't marry" or as is "she is not allowed to marry"?

If its "she is not allowed to marry" until Victoria marries then that is quite unfair. Poor girl.

I read it in different newspapers, that "she is not allowed to marry"...

Here a wonderful picture of her:
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/leu...teId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=245.jpg

It is so sad, if it is really true. I also read, that she want to has a baby in the next years. So she will marry in the next years - and now: She must wait.

But really: I can't believe it. It is just rubbish in the newspapers.

Actually Jonas should become "Prince"...if Daniel would become one as well. After all the succession change was about equality...and what makes Emma more to a Royal than Jonas??
But of course the old model with Madeleine and her children being treated like Christina and her children is most likely. And I´m pretty convinced, Madeleine and CP would keep the HRH.

There is no proof, that this story about Victoria having to marry first is true! It´s just a tabloid thing...mainly started and promoted by Expressen. I guess they wanted some "drama".
If one looks at history and other Royal houses, there is no point in the story.
And if one would ask me (what one unfortunately never does...and that´s why the SRF is so zzzzzzzz at the moment ;))...presumed that the heir and at least one spare would be generally ready for marriage, it would be wiser to start with the wedding of the spare. So one would have gotten experience for the big happening.
The only thing, that is really speaking for the story of Victoria having to marry first...if her siblings would be married, the ppl would maybe even more wonder, when it´s her turn.
But no one is expecting two weddings in a year...so Victoria would have one more year to make a decision. So let´s say, if either Madeleine or CP would marry in 2008, she could still marry in 2009...and all ppl would understand that...so IMO a wedding of M or CP would be even some kind of "buffer" and wouldn´t mean extra pressure.
Then again...I guess here only naive and impatient me is really expecting Victoria to marry until 2010 :rolleyes::D

Well, both in the UK as in the Netherlands the Prince Consort received the HRH Prince of X title of his new country while the husbands of the spares (Lord Snowdon and Prof. van Vollenhoven) didn´t. Lord Snowdon received a noble title of course.
Personally I would like for Jonas and Madelaine to follow the Spanish example. Or are these titles never used within Sweden? The Dukes of Halstrikland and Gastrikland or something like that, right?

But Lena, you just imagine the excitement when they do marry. All the other royal ladies will have delivered all the babies etc. while Sweden is getting one precious love child after another ;). Untill that time we have to entertain us with other things about the Swedish Royals though, so if anybody wants to start an interesting discussion please feel free to do so.

About the original question, there is no protocol rule that Victoria has to be the first one to marry, in fact I very much doubt there is anything like a protocol at all. The story is just to fill the pages of boulevard magazines. I believe however that one employee of the court said that several marriages within one year will be difficult considering the Royal budget.

it would be wiser to start with the wedding of the spare. So one would have gotten experience for the big happening.
A very valid point. I have a bit of trouble imagining the spare in this situation, ie. Carl Philip, being splashed out in a very big wedding, so I imagine the test-person for a huge royal wedding would have to be Madeleine?

It was pointed out that Victoria's wedding wouldn't correspond with the King's 60th birthday - which it didn't - but Marengo's point about budget is also something to be taken into consideration when it finally happens.

As for getting married first or second - I doubt it has ever been discussed at court. It sounds like creating trouble out of nothing.

Well I'm glad to hear that Victoria doesn't need to marry first. The success of her marriage is so much more crucial to the stability of the monarchy. She should have all the time she needs to make a comfortable and loving decision, without having to worry that she is holding up her sister's happiness in the meantime.

She'll marry when she ready,but if she doesn't have children would Prince Carl Phillip's children be next in line?

She'll marry when she ready,but if she doesn't have children would Prince Carl Phillip's children be next in line?

Well, don't forget about Carl Philip! If Victoria has no children then I would think Carl-Philip would still be first in line after her, same as it is right now. Then his children will be in line after him. He would not lose his spot once his children come along. However, I seriously doubt Victoria will be childless. So this topic seems very premature!

I have actually never noticed this thread before and the name caught me so off guard! Now I realize it is a hypothetical type of thread! :rolleyes:

I really don't understand the royals,that feel they have a morial obligation to marry the right person, as to not damage the monarcy.Yey a few of them have been living together for years.

I think it is very likely that IF marriage stuff has indeed been penciled into the budget (since Queen Silvia has said her children do NOT have to marry in any order) the wedding will be that of Madeleine or Carl Philip. I think that since Victoria's relationship with Daniel Westling is the youngest, they may marry last!

I was wondering, when CP and Madelaine do marry, where would that be? The previous Swedish generation seemed to spread their marriages over the country, as did the present generation in Spain, Norway and The Netherlands while in Belgium they kept things in the SS MIchel & Gudele Cathedral.

I was wondering, when CP and Madelaine do marry, where would that be? The previous Swedish generation seemed to spread their marriages over the country, as did the present generation in Spain, Norway and The Netherlands while in Belgium they kept things in the SS MIchel & Gudele Cathedral.

Only Princess Margaretha did not marry in Stockholm, The civil marriage of Princess Birgitta took place in the Royal Palace, Stockholm and the religiuos in Sigmaringen. But i wonder why Princess Désirée is the only one aside from Carl Gustaf who married in Storkyrkan.

They both seem so young. I hope that they do not rush into marriage. Madeline should enjoy her twenties.

I think it is very likely that IF marriage stuff has indeed been penciled into the budget (since Queen Silvia has said her children do NOT have to marry in any order) the wedding will be that of Madeleine or Carl Philip. I think that since Victoria's relationship with Daniel Westling is the youngest, they may marry last!

I think you may be right. Carl Philip and Emma could be the first couple to marry. He's going to be 29 real soon. A good age to settle down and marry (IF he so chooses, of course:ROFLMAO:).

Can Carl-Philip and Madelaine marry before Victoria?

(Edit Marengo) Since this question has been asked very often and will be asked many more times until one of the 3 siblings will get engaged we decided to make a seperate thread about it. More information will be moved to this thread, when the moderators have time to go through the old threads.

--

Quick question a little off topic: Must Victoria marry before Carl Philip?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question a little off topic: Must Victoria marry before Carl Philip?
No! No tradition, no logics behind this press promoted assumptions and Emma Pernald had said, that this wouldn´t be the case...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think no because the tradition is other!

This is just the usual nonsense. 'Hola' doesn't have any connections to / or reliable sources within / the Swedish Royal Court.
Emma Pernald said early this year (see the respective thread about her and Prince Carl Philip) that there's no rule whatsoever that the Bernadotte siblings 'must' marry in any given order. This is authentic statement. End of story.
Just a general observation, not specifically directed at Helen88: The constant opening of new threads and subthreads and topics in this forum makes it not only more difficult to navigate, it also results in more unsubstantialized discussions than ever before.

The constant opening of new threads and subthreads and topics in this forum makes it not only more difficult to navigate, it also results in more unsubstantialized discussions than ever before.
So what do you suggest?
I think new threads are just a normal thing to happen as you cannot discuss everything in "current events" and "picture thread".

Why not? And if she will not marry, her siblings has to remain single during all theyr life?

Marriage is a blessing, not a must, but I think it's sad that none of the them have official plans to get married soon. I say it's sad because I would love to watch a royal wedding from Sweden.

I hope they don't have to wait for Victoria! It seems a tragedy to me.

Queen Silvia would like to be a grandmother, I guess.

Marriage is a blessing, not a must, but I think it's sad that none of the them have official plans to get married soon. I say it's sad because I would love to watch a royal wedding from Sweden.

I hope they don't have to wait for Victoria! It seems a tragedy to me.

Queen Silvia would like to be a grandmother, I guess.

I totally agree with you!:flowers:

I would assume they can. If CP and Madelaine can't marry before Victoria they could run the risk of no heirs being produce - if Victoria never marries.

I think first royal wedding Carl Philip for Swedish Royal Family
second Victoria and finally Madeleine

victoria is now engaged.... she will probably get married first.

who is madeline dating now? same guy jonas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom