A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Gabriel Carl Walther: August 31, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a lovely name for him.....this sounds so perfect, a gentleman's name IMO and an honor to the mother. Both Prince Carl and Princess Sofia are very handsome and their children are going to be gorgeous. Wishing the new parents years of joy and love and fun with a bunch of rowdy boys..:lol:

While an honor to the mother?

I did not expect Gabriel, but overall, I was pleased with the full name. I especially thought having Walther in there was a nice touch.

Considering Walther Sommerlath's allegedly 'bought' Jewish properties at a very low price in the 1930s I am surprised by them using the name. Of course, as LadyFinn posted a few days ago, the queen and the crown princess have received new information that may clear his name, so that is good. The queen always defended her father and I am sure that to the prince he must have been a fond grandfather. For Q. Silvia it must be nice to see her father honoured in such a way.

It seems to be a lovely baby, thanks for posting the new photo.

Last edited:
Gabriel was quite a surprise, but I like it! There's a Prince Gabriel in Luxembourg so it's not too far-fetched for a prince, but it's still unconventional. But it seems that the SRF like being more out-of-the-box when it comes to names. I like that Carl and Walther are in the mix because I expected them to be included as his middle names. Alexander and Gabriel is a really nice set of brother names.
Not to mention Prince Gabriel of Belgium and then there is Princess Gabriela of Monaco.

:previous:

And not to sound nerdy (but...): prince Gabriel of Liechtenstein, youngest son of Prince Gundakar of Liechtenstein and Princess Marie of France.

There is Carl in Princess Sofia’s family, albeit distant. (According to Genealogy).

“Princess Sofia’s paternal grandmother was Ingrid Ann-Marie Nilsson (the daughter of Oskar Petrus Nilsson and Lilly Kristina Månsson). Oskar was the son of Karl Ferdinand Nilsson and Hedda Vilhelmina Jonsdotter. Lily was the daughter of Carl August Månsson and Emma Helena Persdotter.”

That is two, Karl/Carl are just spelling variants.

I think the thread head should have been changed to: "Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Family" long time ago.

The most somnolent polish teddy bear called - Whisbear has been sent to Princess Sofia as a gift to help soothe Prince Gabriel to sleep.

"Whisbear is an innovative sleep aid created by two polish Mothers Julia Sielicka-Jastrzębska and Zuzanna Sielicka-Kalczyńska. Based on their own experience, they have designed a product aimed to help newborns with a smooth transition from a prenatal to postnatal life by recreating soothing sounds of the womb. Whisbear is the first sleep aid featuring the CRYsensor, an intelligent device that automatically activates calming white noise when baby starts crying.
Whisbear is also a sensory toy, a unique playtime companion that promotes both - fine motor and sensory development skills.

Apart from thousands homes where Whisbear is helping babies to sleep, the bear was also sent to #KensingtonPalace two years ago as a gift for Princess Charlotte. That decision ends up with a meeting in person of Royal #parents with Whisbear creators and receiving a Health Tech Award from Duchess Kate’s hands. Grateful Whisbear team who gave away two bears to royal parents during that visit had no idea then yet that they provoked #KateMiddleton to the most famous joke to her husband that now they will just have to have more babies, and it will trigger rain of rumors about Kate’s potentially being pregnant again.

Unikarhu Oy sent whisbear to Sofia and Carl Philip with the same intention and feeling as we do for every family - to increase their chances to get more rest and a good night sleep. We imagine their daily life as very busy and followed by many eyes every day. They also have little Prince Alexander to take care of so they need all that energy. We believe that Whisbear can successfully support the Royal family in Sweden like many families around the world."

WhishbearPL

From Finland with love

He was only born 2 weeks ago, and it took them about 5 months before Alexander was born, so I don't expect any news soon. As there is no summer nor another baby's christening to take into account this time, a christening in December might be an option: it would be convenient for Madeleine and probably others if it a date close to the Nobelprize Ceremony is chosen.

He was only born 2 weeks ago, and it took them about 5 months before Alexander was born, so I don't expect any news soon. As there is no summer nor another baby's christening to take into account this time, a christening in December might be an option: it would be convenient for Madeleine and probably others if it a date close to the Nobelprize Ceremony is chosen.

I've had the same thought - that a christening close to Nobel (Dec 10'th) would be very convenient. But we'll have to wait and see. I don't remember how long in advance the other christenings were announced.

The date of Alexander's christening (on September 9 - close to 5 months after his birth) was announced on June 16 (about 2 months after his birth; they might have announced earlier had Oscar not been christened in between).

The date of Oscar's christening (on May 27 - about 3 months after his birth) was announced on April 4 (about a month after his birth).

The date of Nicolas' christening (on October 11 - about 4 months after his birth) was announced on August 25 (about 2 months after his birth).

The date of Leonore's christening (on June 8 - about 3,5 months after her birth) was announced on April 16 (about 2 months after her birth).

So, I would expect an announcement some day in October in the case of a christening in December (late November is also a possibility, but less likely imo). If the christening is postponed until the New Year, the announcement could be made early November.

How weird to publish pictures regarding the birth of a kid and then you don't show his face!

The photos ooze warmth. The first one looks almost like a snap shot before the "official" picture, what a lovely family photo! And the photographer has managed to capture the eye contact between the baby and Sofia wonderfully in the second photo. Great pictures by a great phographer!

The photos ooze warmth. The first one looks almost like a snap shot before the "official" picture, what a lovely family photo! And the photographer has managed to capture the eye contact between the baby and Sofia wonderfully in the second photo. Great pictures by a great phographer!

I agree, and IMO they are the only family in the SRF that oozes that warmth. There is something different about them that makes them stand out.

I just realized there is a name in the title of this thread. Is the child's name Gabriel Carl Walther? Prince Gabriel? Sorry if I have missed something here. :flowers: [EDIT: Just saw the post. Okay. Question answered. Prince Gabriel.]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom