The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Carl Philip & Sofia now have two children under the age two years. Alexander is only 16 months old. Though they raised Alexander without a nanny for most of his first year, it is a good thing that now Alexander has a nanny, because with 2 under 2, CP&S will need help for sure.
i believe CP and sofia have a nanny, just like V&D and M&C.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Link to SVT's live broadcast from the Council of State, it begins 11.00. The Council of State begins at 11.15.
https://www.svtplay.se/video/1504538...amn?start=auto

Old 09-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gabriel Carl Walter, Duke of Dalarna.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:22 AM
Majesty

Beautiful name!
Old 09-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Courtier

Very good choices, both name and duchy!
Old 09-04-2017, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very fitting given that Sofia is from Dalarna
Old 09-04-2017, 06:34 AM
Courtier

There's already prince Gabriel in Belgian royal family but Gabriel is very beautiful name, so not surprised Carl Philip and Sofia wanted to name their second son Gabriel. TBH I would have liked " Prince Carl Gabriel" even better :)

Welcome Gabriel Carl Walther, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Dalarna!
Old 09-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

This time I am not fond of the name at all, somehow Gabriel does not seem to "fit" them. Alexander is such a strong name and, I don't know, I can't explain it.
I do like that he has been given the duchy of Dalarna. Anyway, a belated congratulations to the parents and Alexander with the addition to their family.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

H.K.H. Prins Gabriel Carl Walther, hertig av Dalarna - Sveriges Kungahus

Dalarna was previously held by the fourth sons of King Oscar I and King Gustaf VI Adolf. I presume that "Walther" honors Walther Sommerlath, the father of the Queen.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

Nice, Gabriel is such a beautiful name. The Italian version is probably going to be my son's name if I'll ever have one
Old 09-04-2017, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I love his name. The choice is totally unexpected.

What a great day today for all the babywatchers.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
There's already prince Gabriel in Belgian royal family but Gabriel is very beautiful name, so not surprised Carl Philip and Sofia wanted to name their second son Gabriel. TBH I would have liked " Prince Carl Gabriel" even better :)

Welcome Gabriel Carl Walther, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Dalarna!
And in the Luxembourgese Grand Ducal Family there is Gabriel.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Majesty

And in the monegasque family there is a Gabriella, alike in the Habsburg-Lorraine as well the Kent families.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

To be fair Gabriel is an extremely popular name, it is the name of an archangel after all. I think that they can pick any name they want, whether it is used by other members of royal families, including theirs, or not. :)

In any case, unexpected and beautiful names! I wonder why only three though.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a lovely name & for the Duchy to be Sofia's home area? How sweet is that!?!

There's a close up of the lil guy in his car seat on Twitter & he's adorable w/his wittle chubby nose peeking over his blankie. I just melted seeing it about 10 mins ago.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love his name
Old 09-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Delightful name I'm so glad for them !
Old 09-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely name!
Old 09-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Again no Edmund (apparently fourth time wasn't the charm ) But a great name nonetheless, nice to see Silvia's father honoured. My only problem is the consistency in the number of names – just like with Estelle and Oscar, it hurts my perfectionistic eye that Oscar and Gabriel are "missing" a name And Dalarna is such a great choice for a duchy. Didn't think they would be giving that one out already but I'm glad they did, a nice nod to give him Sofia's province for duchy.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely names!!! Especially the Gabriel who is the name of my favorite belgian Prince!!!