The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

How delighted looks the happy father !

Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Majesty

I think they should announce the name today?

LaRae

Old 09-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think they should announce the name today?

LaRae
That will be on Monday as it is announced by the King during the Council of State and that meeting is scheduled for Monday 11.15 (with Te Deum at 12.15).
Old 09-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
With Oscar the gender was also not known until the Oress Conference with Daniel.
Actually it was:
Kommuniké frĺn riksmarskalken - Sveriges Kungahus.

Regarding omitting the sex of the child in the press release, Carl Philip and Sofia dance to the beat of their own drummer.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Carl-Philip, Sofia and the baby are now at home. photo of 3
"The Prince family has left the hospital and is now home again."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYgM5saH...-by=kungahuset
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg
Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia looks amazing!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Yes she does look great. Can't believe she gave birth 24 hours ago.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wow; it's almost like Sofia never gave birth at all! She has an amazing figure.
The little prince looks so sweet and peaceful. I look forward into seeing Alexander with his younger brother soon.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-02-2017, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Actually it was:
Kommuniké frĺn riksmarskalken - Sveriges Kungahus.

Regarding omitting the sex of the child in the press release, Carl Philip and Sofia dance to the beat of their own drummer.
Daniel was the first to reveal the gender of Oscar at the press conference (one of the photographers cried out for joy when he heard it was a boy) and after Daniel had told that it was a boy, an official press release was put to the court's website. Daniel revealed also the gender of Estelle first at the press conference, and right after Daniel had told that a little princess was born, the press release was put to the website.
When Leonore was born, her gender was published at the press release, because Chris met the media only day after Leonore was born. And when Nicolas was born, the gender was told at a press release, because Chris didn't attend at the press conference at all.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

After such a horribly rough week watching what Hurricane Harvey did to Houston & surrounding areas, & now worrying about relatives in the Nashville area, this is very welcome news!!

Happy to hear all went well & Sofia & Baby Prince are home. I wonder what Alexander thinks of his new Baby Brother? . Looking forward to learning the Name & Duchy on Monday.

Welcome to the World Little One!!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Has the Council of State started yet ?
Old 09-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Has the Council of State started yet ?
We will have to wait 2 days more as it will be on Monday 04. September.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We will have to wait 2 days more as it will be on Monday 04. September.
Thanks. I hadn't read the previous posts and thought it would be today (silly me, they wouldn't do it on a Saturday, would they ?).
Old 09-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Majesty

sofia looks really good indeed - these swedish royal ladies all seem to have no trouble with pregnancy and child birth at all! pregnancies galore and they are in and out of the hospital in no time looking as if nothing had happened. :)

is natural delivery the preferred method of delivery in sweden?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
sofia looks really good indeed - these swedish royal ladies all seem to have no trouble with pregnancy and child birth at all! pregnancies galore and they are in and out of the hospital in no time looking as if nothing had happened. :)

is natural delivery the preferred method of delivery in sweden?
If by natural you mean vaginal about 17% of births are cesarean and about 50% of women giving birth in the traditional way have an epidural.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel was the first to reveal the gender of Oscar at the press conference (one of the photographers cried out for joy when he heard it was a boy) and after Daniel had told that it was a boy, an official press release was put to the court's website. Daniel revealed also the gender of Estelle first at the press conference, and right after Daniel had told that a little princess was born, the press release was put to the website.
When Leonore was born, her gender was published at the press release, because Chris met the media only day after Leonore was born. And when Nicolas was born, the gender was told at a press release, because Chris didn't attend at the press conference at all.
Ah, well, in any case Carl Philip and Sofia had issued gender-neutral press releases.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Quote:
Ah, well, in any case Carl Philip and Sofia had issued gender-neutral press releases.
In Carl Philip and Sofia case, the press release was put out before Carl Philip's press conference, and that is why the press release did not mention the gender of the child.

I am looking forward to seeing a picture of Alex and his little bro.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Quote:

In Carl Philip and Sofia case, the press release was put out before Carl Philip's press conference, and that is why the press release did not mention the gender of the child.

I know, that's why I said it. All other press releases had a gender because either issued after the conference or a 'belated' conference or none at all.
In Alexander and his brother's case it was a press release first, gender-neutral, followed by the conference with the gender announced.
Still a little bit different.

I guess a picture of Alexander and his brother, if issued (for there was nothing of Leonore with Nicolas), will arrive about mid-September. Usually, if my memory serves me well, there is a week or three between birth and family portraits.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Quote:

Quote:
I know, that's why I said it. All other press releases had a gender because either issued after the conference or a 'belated' conference or none at all.
In Alexander and his brother's case it was a press release first, gender-neutral, followed by the conference with the gender announced.
Still a little bit different.

I guess a picture of Alexander and his brother, if issued (for there was nothing of Leonore with Nicolas), will arrive about mid-September. Usually, if my memory serves me well, there is a week or three between birth and family portraits.
The picture of Estelle & Oscar together issued soon after Oscar’s birth was a cute picture.
You are right about Leo and Nico, even to this day, I have not seen a picture of just the two of them together. I think probably it is the parents’ choice. Or maybe there was one and I missed it.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Gentry

Carl Philip & Sofia now have two children under the age two years. Alexander is only 16 months old. Though they raised Alexander without a nanny for most of his first year, it is a good thing that now Alexander has a nanny, because with 2 under 2, CP&S will need help for sure.