A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil: April 19, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stefan posted the picture earlier, when they left the hospital :)

Bit of a stretch to call it a first pic. All we see are the forehead/eyebrows. Hopefully we will get a real first pic with the name.

The little Family has left the hospital. And published a carseat pic (but one can see a bit more of the little Prince then of Prince Oscar).

Prins Carl Philip och Prinsessan Sofia hemma - Sveriges Kungahus

What's in there w/the little Sweetie? From the look of the ears, it appears to be a Bunny. The first of many friends like this. :)

They both look really Happy! The little family to enjoy quietly at home now :flowers::p

They do indeed. Sofia looks amazing and Carl-Phillip is just beaming w/pride over his little Family.

Looking forward to learn his name and Title tomorrow. :):):)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I must have missed the post, but when is King CG meeting with cabinet?

11:sad: I wish he would do it at like 9. 11 is 3am my time. I will have to wait till I wake up for work to hear.

Message Princess Madeleine posted at her Facebook page:

We are so happy for Sofia and Carl Philip and for our new family member! Leonore and Nicolas are thrilled to have a third cousin and we can't wait to see him!

Last edited:
I have a feeling the name might be something less traditional with perhaps something traditional in it. Queen Silvia said it is a "very beautiful name". Now all we need to know is what Queen Silvia considers beautiful! ;)

Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil, Hertig av Södermanland.

4 names! How interesting :)

Prince Alexander!

Alexander. Well, that wasn't on my short list :)

Turns out I cant sleep and will be up for the name after all.

Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil. Duke of Sodermanland.

Bit surprised he has four names. When Oscar only got 3, and Estelle had 4, I thought they were going 'heir 4, other grandkids 3 route' as odd that siblings don't have same number.

Alexander- surprise
Erik-Sofia's dad
Hubertus- I guess since his sisters used Carl and Gustaf, honored the king by using one of his middle names
Bertil-for Great Uncle

Congratulations to Carl Philip and Sofia. I love the name Alexander.

I like it - Classic, historical and traditional :)

A very classic and very regal name. Congratulations to the parents for this choose.

Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil. Duke of Sodermanland,I like it but I'd never have guess Alexander as a first name!

I'm quite surprised that little prince got 4 names, just like princess Estelle.
I like the names.
Welcome Prince Alexander!

Because the Mistress of the Robes, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, is on her way from New York with the queen, Anna Hamilton, the First Lady of the Court, is with the prime minister, the Speaker of the Parliament and the Marshal of the Realm at Statement of witness.

Victoria looked great today.

Last edited:
Classic and lovely, not exactly traditional though for the Swedish royals. But considering Estelle, Leonor and Nicolas, he isn't alone.

I assume Alexander is simply a name they liked. I don't think there is a family link is there?

Surprised that the new prince got 4 names, also surprised he didn't get Bertil's duchy of Halland.

Surprised that the new prince got 4 names, also surprised he didn't get Bertil's duchy of Halland.

3 or 4 names, well that's up to the parents to decide. Nothing strange.

I also think that Södermanland is a very logical choice. Carl Philip inherited Ökenäs, an estate in Södermanland, a couple of years ago. He and Sofia spends quite a lot of time there. It's also not too far from Stockholm. I can imagine that Alexander will one day inherit Ökenäs from his father, and because of that have a strong connection to Södermanland. The kings country estate/castle, Stenhammar, is also situated in Södermanland.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom