A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil: April 19, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely to see a photo of Alexander at last, he looks to be quite large already!

A belated congratulations to the couple and little Prince Alexander. The newest male dynast in the unbroken male agnatic line of the House Bernadotte.

I don't expect the young Prince's namesake King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands to be one of the godparents: the King is already godfather to the Prince's cousine Estelle which fits in a tradition:

The late Queen Juliana of the Netherlands was godmother to King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
The former Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is godmother to the future Queen Victoria of Sweden
The present King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands is godfather to the future Queen Estelle of Sweden

And probably Princess (then Queen?) Catharina-Amalia will be a godmother of Princess Estelle's first child?

And probably Princess (then Queen?) Catharina-Amalia will be a godmother of Princess Estelle's first child?

When they continue the tradition, yes, then H.M. Drottning Catharina-Amalia av Nederländerna, Prinsessa av Oranien-Nassau seems an obvious candidate for Estelle's first child...

:flowers:

When they continue the tradition, yes, then H.M. Drottning Catharina-Amalia av Nederländerna, Prinsessa av Oranien-Nassau seems an obvious candidate for Estelle's first child...

:flowers:

Ui, but this will last a while, until this happenes ;)

Beutiful pic of the little prince.....

BYe Bine

Adorable, a nice sized baby with chubby hands. Does seem to resemble his father already

alexander looks a lot like victoria in my opinion!

great pic of Prince Alexander. Such a beautiful baby

So happy to wake up to a photo of the sweet new prince. He is a real cutie like his cousins. I had to update my profile pic to include the newest little prince.:flowers:

Aw, Prince Alexander is super cute! He looks very peaceful and content in that photo. :) I'm still trying to work out who exactly he looks like, perhaps it's too early to tell, but I don't think he looks a lot like the SRF. Are there any photos of Sofia as a baby?

So happy to wake up to a photo of the sweet new prince. He is a real cutie like his cousins. I had to update my profile pic to include the newest little prince.:flowers:

I was too. I found it quite coincidental that we were both wondering about any new photos yesterday, and here the first one is! Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia read the forums. ;) :D

Last edited:
I think considering the bone structure and general attractiveness of his parents he's probably going to be a very handsome boy.

LaRae

:bounce: Oh! My guess isn't right about gender of prince Oscar
but this time my guess is right about gender of prince Alexander.
Anyway congratulations to the proud parents and their families :flowers:
I love his all four names!

Lovely photographs!
However, it seems very stupid that we only saw one picture from a photographer from prince Oscar, while we have five from prince Alexander! We haven't seen Daniel holding his son or a complete family pic yet!

Lovely photographs!
However, it seems very stupid that we only saw one picture from a photographer from prince Oscar, while we have five from prince Alexander! We haven't seen Daniel holding his son or a complete family pic yet!

Be happy with the lovely pics of Prince Oscar and his mum and his sister.

I think that those pics of Alexander and his parents are also released now on occasion of Prince Carl Philip's 37th birthday:flowers:

those pictures are stunning mutch better than the picture of the crown princess family

Lovely photographs!

I agree. The photos are definitely very nice but I find it strange that have not been released other photos of Oscar also considering that he is a child of the heir to the throne and higher in the line of succession than Alexander

I agree. The photos are definitely very nice but I find it strange that have not been released other photos of Oscar also considering that he is a child of the heir to the throne and higher in the line of succession than Alexander

I take it as choice of the parents. While Victoria & Madeleine tend to want more privacy for their families, they understand their positions and interest in their children so they have more control on what's released to the public.

Prince Oscar's last photo op was when he was presented to Sweden (and the world) on the king's birthday (the balcony), in the arms of his mother, the heiress apparent. The balcony presentation showed a grumpy but cute prince (I want my nap) but it defined his station. And Oscar's christening at the Royal Chapel where Estelle was christened also reminds everyone he's the child of a future sovereign.

Alexander looks adorable in the new pics.

I must say the pictures are really good. Alexander is the spitting image of his maternal grandfather IMO. Wish more pics had been released for Oscar too.

Super beautiful pictures.

Also, I think it's the parents choice how many pictures to release. And werent these also for CPs birthday? So makes sense to have a few more as a combined baby+birthday shoot.

I must say the pictures are really good. Alexander is the spitting image of his maternal grandfather IMO. Wish more pics had been released for Oscar too.

Yes I agree Prince Alexander seems to strongly resemble Sofia's dad at the moment. Beautiful photographs. So nice to see the family healthy and happy.
And the dog is so cute. Congratulations to all.

Yes I agree Prince Alexander seems to strongly resemble Sofia's dad at the moment. Beautiful photographs. So nice to see the family healthy and happy.
And the dog is so cute. Congratulations to all.

He is already a bit cuter that when he was born.

Very beautiful pictures - kudos to the photographer!

She looks stunning, very nice photos I wonder what colour of eyes he got?

Back
Top Bottom