A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil: April 19, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So its a boy. I am hopeless in guessing genders, and I was pretty sure that it will be a girl (what was with all the pink clothing they were seen buying :D), so I was quite surprised that it was a boy.

Prince Carl Philip looks so thrilled. He had time to practice with his nieces and nephews, so now he has a child of his own to take care for. All the best for the couple.

I'm curious about the names. My guess is that it includes one of those names: Carl, Bertil, Eric (Erik), Wilhelm, Fredrik.

Look forward for the name announcing and for Te Deum.

Last edited:
Perhaps taking in the fact of tomorrow's Big Birthday in the UK? They have to know most attention will be focused there tomorrow and, as important as the name and Duchy Announcement is, at the same time I can see them wanting it to be *The* Royal Story of the Day. Not that it won't be in Sweden, but in the rest of the World?

Or I could be totally talking nonsense, but there's my 2 cents Cdn. :)

If they scheduled the naming ceremony to avoid the BIG BIRTHDAY in the UK, they would have it tomorrow. Liz was born April 21st, which is Thursday. Instead of avoiding having the limelight stolen, they scheduled the naming ceremony for the queen's birthday.

Welcome little boy!!
One more new prince in Sweden within 10 months.
Congratulations :swedenflag2:

Look forward for the names!

Last edited:
If they scheduled the naming ceremony to avoid the BIG BIRTHDAY in the UK, they would have it tomorrow. Liz was born April 21st, which is Thursday. Instead of avoiding having the limelight stolen, they scheduled the naming ceremony for the queen's birthday.

There has been no media attention whatsoever on the brittish queens birthday here in Sweden. So I don't think that's a deciding factor in this case. I think it's more likely that Carl Philip and Sofia want to be 100% sure about the name. He said at the press conference that they hadn't fully decided yet.

The fact that the Te Deum is held on friday is very likely due to that the Queen wants to get back home from New York to participate. Perhaps also Madeleine wants to come back home from London.

How wonderful...... congrats....... I have to admit, I am a bit surprised.... haven' t they been seen shopping pink baby clothes? So: never trust a so called "insider source"
Bye Bine

How wonderful...... congrats....... I have to admit, I am a bit surprised.... haven' t they been seen shopping pink baby clothes? So: never trust a so called "insider source"
Bye Bine
They were but the clothes were a gift for a friend of them who had a baby girl

The court just updated their calendar, it tells now:
The king and crown princess Victoria attend at the meeting of the Council of State on Thursday.
The king, queen, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel and prince Carl Philip attend at Te Deum on Friday.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

The court just updated their calendar, it tells now:
The king and crown princess Victoria attend at the meeting of the Council of State on Thursday.
The king, queen, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel and prince Carl Philip attend at Te Deum on Friday.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

So tomorrow we will hear the name of little prince. My guess: HRH Prince Carl Erik Bertil.
I really hope that Princess Madeleine will travel to Sweden in order to attend at Te Deum on Friday!

Last edited:
So tomorrow we will hear the name of little prince. My guess: HRH Prince Carl Erik Bertil.
I really hope that Princess Madeleine will travel to Sweden in order to attend at Te Deum on Friday!

She's not on the guest list, but I think that's for the best. If she doesn't attend, it's according to the schedule. If she does, she will be a welcome surprise addition to the guest list.

She's not on the guest list, but I think that's for the best. If she doesn't attend, it's according to the schedule. If she does, she will be a welcome surprise addition to the guest list.

Yes. That makes sense.
I guess its not very easy to make quick travel arrangements when you have two little children to consider. Still it would be nice to see her attending and she could see her brother's first child this week.

Last edited:
Madeleine is not coming to the Te Deum? Travel arrangements problems I guess. Has she posted on Facebook yet?

Madeleine is not coming to the Te Deum? Travel arrangements problems I guess. Has she posted on Facebook yet?

I haven't seen anything from her yet. Strange that she hasn't posted something on Facebook - she's usually quick to do that.

But I wouldn't blame her if she opts out on the Te Deum. She and the whole family will be in Stockholm next week for the kings birthday celebrations, so if she came here on friday as well, that would mean a whole lot of traveling for a mother of two youngsters.

Delighted for them ! I can't wait for pix... I hope he will have his mother's eyes !

I'm glad that the baby is healthy and everything went well. The jing must be happy that his son got a son as well... :whistling:

I hope Bertil or Car Gustav isn't the first name.

I wonder if Madeleine will post something on facebook. She did it right saway when Oscar was born. Maybe after the name will be announced. Or maybe not.

The Te Deum was scheduled for the day after the birth when the invitations were sent, so it seems it was a surprise that the birth came while Queen Silvia was traveling.

I wonder why the cabinet meeting will take place a day early; as far as I recall, the previous ones were held on the morning of the Te Deum.

It would make sense that Madddie isn't at the te deum, it would make no sense to fly in for Friday when she will be there next week for her father's birthday. I'm sure she will have seen pictures of the baby already.

I hope we'll get a pic tomorrow, when the names are announced. Sofia looks in good health

Very exciting. Yes Princess Sofia looks wonderful and Prince CP is so proud. What a year this couple has had. Looking forward to a photo of the little one. I guess and hope Bertil will be part of his name.

Sofia looks really good. Not at all as if she's gone through labor. :flowers:

Not sure can say you can see more of the baby... you see a tiny bit of his forehead, the rest is covered. Hopefully we will have a photo tomorrow when they post the baby's name on the family site.

Sofia looks quite good and they are both happy:flowers:

They both look really Happy! The little family to enjoy quietly at home now :flowers::p

Finally. I was wondering why she hadn't congratulated so far ;-)

Back
Top Bottom