The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Congrats to them!

Little bit sad that a maybe tradition of girls first, a boy second is broken.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very happy that the new baby arrived safely and healthy and congrats to all the family

For a name, my guess would be that "Carl" is somewhere in the mix (but i'm usually wrong)

Old 04-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Little bit sad that a maybe tradition of girls first, a boy second is broken.
This is not a thing to wish, you can't purchase a gender. But maybe the second child will be a girl. Then we have another tradition: First gender of the born royal, then gender of the married "royal".
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

BABY BOY | | Selda Göktaş
Old 04-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the happy parents and a little boy. I expected him being a girl, well, it doesn't matter as the baby is healthy. Now we are waiting for names and duchy.

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 04-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Commoner

waoh! I am so happy its a boy! How exciting for CP and Princess Sofia and their families!

Many reasons for celebrations to the Swedish Royal family!
Old 04-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she was buying girl clothes for a friend who had recently had a baby girl.

LaRae
Old 04-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Which is what a lot of people thought, as it said the pink items were gift wrapped. You wouldn't have that done for your own baby.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the new parents!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Courtier

The Te Deum won't be held until friday. I assume it's because they want to wait so that the queen (and perhaps Madeleine) will have time to get home to Sweden.

Te Deum thanksgiving service Friday April 22, 2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

So no sooner than on Friday the boy's name will be announced?
Old 04-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So no sooner than on Friday the boy's name will be announced?
We will most likely have his name and title tomorrow (wednesday). That's announced at a konselj (don't know the english word for that - perhaps Cabinet meeting?), but it's always been just the king who participated in that, not the queen.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Majesty

very exciting news, i can't wait to hear the chosen name.

i guess carl or gustav will honor the king and erik or oscar will be in the names (for sofia's dad).

funnily enough, sofia herself was born in Danderyd, so i wonder if that's the reason they chose this particular hospital.

madeleine hasn't yet commented on her facebook, but she will surely do so soon :)

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Courtier

Interesting detail: The king was supposed to visit Halmstad on friday, but now that trip will be cancelled due to the Te Deum. If I'm not mistaken, the last attempt to visit Halmstad was also cancelled due to a Te Deum (for prince Oscar). It's like it's not meant to be...

Here's the news on the konselj /cabinet meeting. It won't be held until thursday. So we have to wait one more day...

Cabinet meeting, Thursday April 21,*2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

congratulation to the parent it's great news for Princes Oscar especially now he will have a play mate
Old 04-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
very exciting news, i can't wait to hear the chosen name.

i guess carl or gustav will honor the king and erik or oscar will be in the names (for sofia's dad).

funnily enough, sofia herself was born in Danderyd, so i wonder if that's the reason they chose this particular hospital.

madeleine hasn't yet commented on her facebook, but she will surely do so soon :)

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden
It seems unlikely they would use her father's middle name instead of first, certainly even more after the birth of Prince Oscar. Carl may have been used for Oscar but as an honor to both the baby's daddy and grandfather, I don't think they would avoid using it.

It seems very likely they chose the hospital as it was where Sofia was born.

I am surprised the name wont be announced till Thursday. I thought the cabinet meeting was normally held the day after, unless a weekend/holiday
Old 04-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post
It's a boy! :)
That was a surprise. I was pretty sure it would be a girl, but what matters is that it is a healthy baby.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Baby Boy for Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia

7 pounds 14.8 ounces and just over 19 and a quarter inches long. Now we're just waiting on the name!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 04-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the couple. Three little boy cousins quite close in age, if you include Madeleine's son Nicholas. Oscar and this new baby will be able to play together all the time!
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, wonderful to have cousins so close in age. So glad she had such a quick delivery.

Tags
birth, prince alexander of sweden