Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 3 (May 2017-Aug 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

You are absolutely right, my mistake.

“Considering the friendship of the King & Queen with president Macri and his wife is rather evident -they spent Christmas together- it is not a great mystery why he would be focusing on the Queen to hit the president.”

Is it true that HM the King spent christmas with the president of a country like that with all its controversies? I know the Queen has very distasteful political family baggage so should they appear not to be overly friendly with politicians in a country like that?

President Trump is a controversial figure in media. Officially he is not controversial: he is the President of the United States of America. When the King and Queen are having a holiday in Florida and the President invites them to have a private dinner with him and Melania, they should refuse as well?

Máxima is still an Argentine citizen (it is not possible for Argentineans to renounce their citizenship). She, a born Argentine, was in her native country Argentina and invited by "her" president and his spouse, whom recently were received with all égards during their State Visit to the Netherlands. It would be strange to refuse to have a dinner with the presidential couple.

The royal and the presidential couple in good cheer: https://images.nrc.nl/fn5eramAP7AVb...ic.nrc.nl/bvhw/files/2017/03/anp-50444711.jpg

Last edited:
The mayor of the town of Pilcaniyeu. where the property of Máxima is located, contradicts yesterday's statement of the RVD.

He says that the property is not registered as a hotell or inn. He says that the area is too large to control what is built. They trust that the owners will notify the city to register their activities and new buildings.

Queen Máxima's aunt, Marcela Cerruti - who is the proprietress of the place, says to Clarin that it is not obligatory to register. She adds: "I pay everything. I do not have to explain myself to anybody. When they have questions they can consult with the owner, Máxima Zorreguieta".

Clarin supports the claims of the website where the story originated: the city have to give permits for new constructions and commercial activities, which has not happened. They are paying estate tax based on the situation of a few years ago, without the new hotel and buildings.

Tday the RVD refused to add anything to yesterday's comments.

https://www.ad.nl/show/burgemeester-spreekt-maxima-tegen-over-registratie~a997b1b3/

https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/den...eta-paga-impuestos-patagonia_0_J1fqqsEea.html

Not good... The mayor getting involved and contradicting that the properties are correctly registered... And it doesn't help that Máxima's aunt tells that it is not up to her to explain and is telling people to talk to 'Máxima Zorreguieta' instead.

So, I guess the question is whether it is obligatory to register or not. If not, Máxima is not disobeying the law if it is, she is not 'respecting the law' as the RVD worded it.

A new collection of hand painted eggs including the Royal Family will be displayed on March 30 & 31 in Wassenaar:

** ppe gallery **

is maxima well? she had a planned operation and not long ago she was ill for a month. it is odd they plan her 'planned procedure' on NLDOET as that is one of her key initiatives.

"Last week Queen Máxima underwent a small, planned medical procedure. Because she still has to rest, she will not accompany the King this year in his contribution to NLdoet. Queen Máxima will return to work next week."

is maxima well? she had a planned operation and not long ago she was ill for a month. it is odd they plan her 'planned procedure' on NLDOET as that is one of her key initiatives.

"Last week Queen Máxima underwent a small, planned medical procedure. Because she still has to rest, she will not accompany the King this year in his contribution to NLdoet. Queen Máxima will return to work next week."

I don't remember her being ill for a week. In the fall she had to cancel a trip but was back to work within 2 weeks. I guess the recovery process for this procedure is taking a little longer than expected. However, het not being able to attend NLdoet while unfortunate isn't that problematic imo as 5 other family members turned up yesterday. And a few others might turn up today. It has been treated a true 'royal family' event from the start. (Tomorrow will be the main Van Vollenhoven event of the year: de Hollandse 100)

Last edited:
Whatever the situation might be I hope Maxima will recover soon if she has had an operation.

According to the sources of RTL Boulevard :

"Queen Maxima's operation was a feet problem Knob. Queen Maxima had surgery on her big toe in a private clinic. The Queen would have been troubled by Hallux Valgus. This is a deviation where the big toe is in the wrong position and this creates a lump on the side of the foot. This may be congenital or it is because someone often walks in high heels. Because of this lump, Queen Maxima was almost unable to walk on her pumps and she had to undergo surgery. The Government Information Service does not confirm anything, so we cannot say with certainty that the operation took place."

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/royalty/artikel/4652641/koningin-maxima-geopereerd-aan-voet

According to the sources of RTL Boulevard :

"Queen Maxima's operation was a feet problem Knob. Queen Maxima had surgery on her big toe in a private clinic. The Queen would have been troubled by Hallux Valgus. This is a deviation where the big toe is in the wrong position and this creates a lump on the side of the foot. This may be congenital or it is because someone often walks in high heels. Because of this lump, Queen Maxima was almost unable to walk on her pumps and she had to undergo surgery. The Government Information Service does not confirm anything, so we cannot say with certainty that the operation took place."

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/royalty/artikel/4652641/koningin-maxima-geopereerd-aan-voet

Better known as “she had a bunion”

Bunions are inherited in my family, unfortunately, though luckily the generation skipped with me so I don't have one (however my mother has one and has always wished to get the same surgery as Maxima). They can be painful when bashed so I can understand why Maxima would want to have the surgery.

Party at the Palace.

Ahead of his birthday on april 27th HM hosted a pre-birthday party for the Royal Household at the Royal palace,Amsterdam yesterday afternoon.

HM Queen Máxima and HRH Princess Beatrix were in attendance.

I’m not really buying the bunion story. It takes 6-8 weeks to recover and you aren’t able to wear heels for some time after. We have been Maxima in heels. [emoji848]

Last edited:
I believe they spent Easter with them, which was last weekend.

Last year the King and Queen Máxima also joined the Greek royal family for Easter indeed.

A nice thing to do indeed. On the photos you can see them with Princess Miriam of Bulgaria and with the Duke of Alba. One of the articles says that among the group were also Simoneta Gomez-Acebo, Pia Getty and the Duke of Huescar. I have not seen the photos in a Dutch news outlet yet. I wonder if the media code would apply here.

I didn't know that the schools were still off today.

Last edited:
They look great. What a nice family trip

We knew that WA and Máxima met in Sevilla through a common friend. I do not think the identity ever has been revealed, though there were rumors of one of the Alba's or Maximilian of Liechtenstein IIRC. But now Modekoninginmaxima tweeted that WA and Máxima actually met through Princess Miriam of Bulgaria. Did anybody else hear this story before?

Edit: the Telegraaf quotes the Spanish media and says that the family was accompanied by friends who were present at their first meeting there, 20 years ago.

Last edited:
We knew that WA and Máxima met in Sevilla through a common friend. I do not think the identity ever has been revealed, though there were rumors of one of the Alba's or Maximilian of Liechtenstein IIRC. But now Modekoninginmaxima tweeted that WA and Máxima actually met through Princess Miriam of Bulgaria. Did anybody else hear this story before?

how fun! now we know... ?

what a lovely sighting to see them coming back to seville 20 years after they met there for the first time and with their 3 daughters. the ladies looked lovely too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seville is my favourite city in Spain aside from Malaga and I hope to move to the region some time in the future so I can understand WA and Maxima's love for the city - it's lovely to bring the AAAs to where they first met and it looked like a very vibrant and fun celebration. I wonder if they met Princess Miriam of Bulgaria, who was also there.

Edit: the Telegraaf quotes the Spanish media and says that the family was accompanied by friends who were present at their first meeting there, 20 years ago.

Yes, I hear that Maxima's friend from school, who was from a rich family knew WA and introduce to her. I think it make more sense that . She wasn't friends with Royalty before meeting him.

Thank you for posting the pictures of this lovely event: one wants to know much more about the Feria. I was certainly intrigued and perhaps a little shocked by the video that shows the King clearly pushing an elderly gentleman out of the way as he, the king, moved forward:eek: Does anyone know who this person might be; I am quite curious why the king would exhibit such ungentlemanly behaviour:bang:

Yes, I can see that he slightly pushed the old man with his arm. Maybe it was unintentional? There were lots of people there and lots of photographers. I doubt the King is a rude person.

Have we ever seen Máxima and her daughters wearing a traditional Dutch costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom