The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - present)

Welcome to the thread where you can post general news and information about the Dutch king and queen and their daughters

Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and the Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane as well as Princess Mako of Japan attended the CHIO Rotterdam 2013 today, June 23:

** anp gallery ** gettyimages ** ppe gallery ** daylife **

** hola: Los Reyes de Holanda y sus tres hijas, en las carreras de Rotterdam ** translation **

Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

New Pictures were published today, portraits of King and Queen
Zijne Majesteit Koning Willem-Alexander (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis
Hare Majesteit Koningin Máxima (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis

as well as a family picture with their dog Skipper
Koning Willem-Alexander en Koningin Máxima met de Prinsessen Catharina-Amalia, Alexia en Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis

and one photo of the three girls
Prinses Alexia, Prinses Catharina-Amalia en Prinses Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis

from Portretfoto's - Het Koninklijk Huis

(for HQ click on "Hoge resolutie afbeelding")
Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

what a beautiful set of pictures!

i am very much in love with the composition of the picture (what a beautiful room they have, with the window opening into the garden!), with the dog (i didn't know they had one!) and with the lovely matching dresses of the princesses. beautiful! well done to the dutch court for deciding to take this new set.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
New Official Photos of King Willem Alexander , Queen Maxima and their daughters:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Very beautiful pictures. I like when the Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish royal release beautiful official pictures like this. It's like you're being invited into they're happy home and welcomed warmly.

I wish the British royals took official pictures like this on a regular bases.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

So nice that they release such nice pictures of them in their house. I love the pictures, except the way the famly photo was posed. Don't like the positioning of the King and Queen, their hands and shoulders are akward. Even though it doesn't really matter what the girls wear, they are so adorable, I don't like the dark top with the funny cross or the way they are sitting.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Royal Highness

The pictures are lovely! They make a wonderful family. The first time I opened the pictures I didn't even notice the dog!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Administrator

I wonder if these pictures come instead of the usual summer photo shoot.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Gentry

the new official photos of King Willem-Alexander and his family are beautiful.... such a very nice royal family
Old 06-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
New Official Photos of King Willem Alexander , Queen Maxima and their daughters:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Very beautiful pictures. I like when the Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish royal release beautiful official pictures like this. It's like you're being invited into they're happy home and welcomed warmly. I wish the British royals took official pictures like this on a regular bases.
Those are great family photos, thank you for sharing Dman. I love this family, the girls are so pretty. Their palace looks very nice as well, I really like their floor. I also wish the British Royal Family would take and release photos like this.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Nobility

where do the king and queen live
Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
where do the king and queen live

In Wassenaar
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

How is the relationship between King Willem Alexander and his brother Prince Constantijn.
I think the late Prince Friso is terribly missing !
Old 09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

(Since we occasionally like to discuss these things)
Today the plans have been announced on what would happen should P.Amalia become queen before she turns 18. Plan is that her mother Q.Maxima will be regent; should Maxima for whatever reason not be able to do so, P.Constantijn (K.Willem-Alexander's brother) will be the regent.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Let's pray that won't happen but having everything nailed down is essential. I assume it would be similar with Estelle and Victoria and the rest of the families.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Majesty

The Regency is arranged in case Amalia becomes Queen before the age of 18.Queen Máxima will be Regent and have the authority of her children while a Council will advice her.In the scenario both parents are no longer with us Prince Constantijn will be Regent.The plans have the consent of the Councill of State and are simular to those in force as off 1981.

The settlement has now been send to the States General as a Royal Message.

It is expected to pass both Houses without any ado as was the case in previous arrangements.Hope and pray indeed that a situation as discribed will never occur.The last time a Regent was installed due to the fact the Heir was only 10 was with Queen Wilhelmina in 1890 as King Willem III passed away and her mother,Queen Emma,became Regent.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Who would get custody of the minor children in such a case?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Who would get custody of the minor children in such a case?
Queen Máxima,as I said in my post,they would all be minor children in that scenario,they would all be under the age of 18.With the assistance of a Council,and in the worst case scenario both parents are not availeble it will be Prince Constantijn who will be Regent and has the custody of the children with the assistence of the same Council untill the Princess of Orange turns 18 and ascends the Throne.

And as to answer post # 13 by Maria-Olivia,the brothers are very closeknitted,always have been.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Administrator

I find this the most logical arrangement. Máxima is the only other full time working royal of her generationso the most obvious choice, even if she isn't royal by birth (as some seem to take fault with). The same arrangement was made in the past, with prince Claus as regent. I don't know what was arranged in 1948.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I find this the most logical arrangement. Máxima is the only other full time working royal of her generationso the most obvious choice, even if she isn't royal by birth (as some seem to take fault with). The same arrangement was made in the past, with prince Claus as regent. I don't know what was arranged in 1948.
With Prince Claus,Queen Emma and numerous other Ladies of rank in the House of Orange over the centuries.Máxima is the right and only choice.To see the bickering and nauseating frumpiness on other boards by their local nerds...is toe-curling to say the least and totally out of touch with the workings of our Monarchy and the times,so,ignore them Marengo..."for they do not know"....a thing.....grin...

God forbid that it will ever come to the working of the instrument of appointing a Queen Regent,as the reason will be a more then sad one,but if,then the Regency is in the capable hands of the extraordinary woman we've come to know and with whom we can count our Blessings as for the talents,character,love and dedication with which she warms our society,domestic and abroad.

Tags
general news, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima