The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"King Willem-Alexander and Máxima are Monday morning on been granted an audience with Pope Francis.
This is the conclusion of a press release that the Vatican has spread"

www.nu.nl/buitenland/4252441/willem-alexander-en-maxima-audientie-bij-paus-franciscus.html - Translator
This will be an important even with the Dutch Royals seeing the Holy Father. However Queen Maxima will not wear white like Princess Charlene of Monaco did. Maxima is not of the Roman Catholic faith.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
This will be an important even with the Dutch Royals seeing the Holy Father. However Queen Maxima will not wear white like Princess Charlene of Monaco did. Maxima is not of the Roman Catholic faith.
The event already happened last monday, it was a private visit, maybe there will be a few pics published at some point
(Q.Maxima *is* a roman-catholic, by the way)

Old 04-26-2016, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

A photo from the audience with Pope Francis.

25042016_OLANDA
Old 04-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"King Willem-Alexander and Máxima are Monday morning on been granted an audience with Pope Francis.
This is the conclusion of a press release that the Vatican has spread"

www.nu.nl/buitenland/4252441/willem-alexander-en-maxima-audientie-bij-paus-franciscus.html - Translator

Here are some photos from the visit

Paus Franciscus ontvangt koningspaar - Blauw Bloed
Old 04-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hadn't realized that the princesses would be accompanying their parents to the Vatican. A great opportunity for them to meet HH and practice a little Spanish with him.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Some pics of the family sightseeing in Rome:

** isopix gallery **
Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Did she convert when she married? So all the other Queens are Catholic that the reason are in white? I am confuse it is Queen Rania Catholic?
Hum, I am not sure she were black being a Queen but I do not think it has to do with your own religion. The only Queen I know is Catholic it is Queen Letizia.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Did she convert when she married? So all the other Queens are Catholic that the reason are in white? I am confuse it is Queen Rania Catholic?
Hum, I am not sure she were black being a Queen but I do not think it has to do with your own religion. The only Queen I know is Catholic it is Queen Letizia.
Queen Maxima never changed denominations when she married Willem-Alexander in 2002. She retained her Catholic faith but her daughters are being raised in the Dutch Reformed Church. Queen Letizia is not the only Catholic queen asQueen Mathilde of the Belgians is also a Roman Catholic. The Queens/Grand Duchess/Princess consort of traditionally Roman Catholic nations: Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco,Spain are granted the privilege of wearing white when meeting with the Pope.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
CyrilVladisla is incorrect ,Queen Maxima is Roman Catholic and never converted ,the Monarchs/Consorts of Spain,Belgium ,Luxembourg and Monaco are all Roman Catholic.

The mothers of the Kings of Spain and Belgium are also Roman Catholic queens.

The Dutch Monarch is Protestant,his wife is Catholic so Maxima wears black .
Old 04-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Maxima is still Catholic but her daughters are not. If you're the wife of the Catholic ruler you have the privilege to wear white- WA is not Catholic. So even though Max is Catholic, she can't wear white because she's not the wife of a Catholic ruler representing a Catholic country.

This is what I understand.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Queen Maxima never changed denominations when she married Willem-Alexander in 2002. She retained her Catholic faith but her daughters are being raised in the Dutch Reformed Church. Queen Letizia is not the only Catholic queen asQueen Mathilde of the Belgians is also a Roman Catholic. The Queens/Grand Duchess/Princess consort of traditionally Roman Catholic nations: Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco,Spain are granted the privilege of wearing white when meeting with the Pope.
Thank you for the explanation, so wonder why Queen Rania used white in her visit with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I think Maxima is still Catholic but her daughters are not. If you're the wife of the Catholic ruler you have the privilege to wear white- WA is not Catholic. So even though Max is Catholic, she can't wear white because she's not the wife of a Catholic ruler representing a Catholic country.

This is what I understand.
thank you for your explanation! Make sense that the daughters are Protestant like their father , and I see all the girls used black.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thank you for the explanation, so wonder why Queen Rania used white in her visit with him?
Rania has worn black (though sometimes a white scarf)when she has been at the Vatican. It was during Papal visits to Jordan she has worn white. The rule about white is for official audiences with the Pope in the Vatican.

Here she is in the recent Vatican trip
Pope Francis' 'selfie' photo shows off the Catholic Church's 'cool image' | Daily Mail Online

For instance you see it with the Spanish royals when the pope has visited them in Spain.
Princess Sofia and Queen Letizia of Spain Photos - World Youth Day 2011 Celebrations Are Held In Madrid - Zimbio
Old 04-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Majesty

nice pics of the family sightseeing in rome. they look like they are having a great time doing touristy things like normal people do, like visiting the coliseum and going to a restaurant together. i guess this outing happened after the audience with the pope?

i wonder if the little princesses spoke with the pope in spanish :) (i am pretty sure they did, and that they probably have some argentinian accent...)

it looks like they joined a tour in those pictures as they are surrounded by, what looks to be, other tourists and kids. did they really join a public tour? i am surprised as they could have requested a private tour.

i liked what maxima wore in her private outing. the skirt seems most interesting...

Quote:
maxima IS catholic. but she is not queen of a catholic country, so she doesn't wear white to visit the pope.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-27-2016, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Today is Koningsdag (King's Day), the national holiday on the birthday of King Willem-Alexander. As usual all media come with overviews, inquiries and polls. The overall image is satisfaction with the King, great personal popularity of the individuals. The support for a monarchy has dropped anyway, which is what I always tried to make clear on these forums: a great popularity (Victoria in Sweden, Felipe in Spain) is not synonymous with being in favour of a monarchy.

People seem to appreciate King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, they have high ratings in how they execute their roles and may enjoy goodwill and popularity. I see it with myself too. I am a monarchist but then the royals have to play the game too. I have no any special attachment to Máxima Zorreguieta, Laurentien Brinkhorst, Daniel Westling or Letizia Ortiz despite my personal appreciation for them as individuals. These people -unwanted- erode the monarchy from within. Yes, maybe it is unavoidable that monarchies will go down, but please, go down as a proper monarchy and not as the daughter of a hostess who married a fitness trainer and is on her way to be Queen of Sweden. It exposes the whole theatre of state as a vaudeville and the polls indeed show it: the stream of commoners has not strenghten the monarchy at all, or endeared the monarchy more.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
[...]
maxima IS catholic. but she is not queen of a catholic country, so she doesn't wear white to visit the pope.
There is no such as "a catholic country". Note that the Roman-Catholics are the biggest Christian denomination in the Netherlands! And so-called "catholic countries" like Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain have approved abortion, euthanasia, same-gender-marriages, etc. Like in the Netherlands, also in Belgium, Luxembourg and Spain the State has no religion.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Really Alexia is the beauty of the family !
Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

In the pdf with the expenditures over 2015 it can be read that the King has spend 1.4 million Euro on new tableware. Link.

There are a lot of beautiful sets of tableware in the collection of the royal family, but then we are talking about sets with 40, 60, 80 couverts at maximum. The previous tableware was 40 years old. This is about tableware used for the largest events: several hundreds couverts.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Maxima suffered a fall.

Koningin Máxima lichte hersenschudding | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis

Quote:
Queen Máxima mild concussion
News item | 06-07-2016 | 12:43

Her Majesty Queen Máxima has suffered a fall last Friday a slight concussion. That is today determined by a doctor. They will consequently in the coming days to take it easy. Friday will be viewed or Queen Máxima can participate in summer photo shoot that afternoon.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She was at an event yesterday wasn't she?
Old 07-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope Maxima recovers soon! I hope that she will be well enough to be able to participate in the photoshoot, it will be a shame not to see her there (but I understand why she would be absent if she still hadn't recovered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She was at an event yesterday wasn't she?
The Greek state visit ended yesterday, though I can't find any photos (so far) here on TRF from that day.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
general news, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima