The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Maxima claims to remain Catholic. Nevertheless, she didn't marry in the Catholic Church and didn't baptize her daughters in the Catholic Church either. She also attends Protestant services with her husband and doesn't seem to attend Mass, at least not regularly. As far as I know, her daughters are being raised in the Protestant faith.
She IS a Roman-Catholic. Note that Ms Máxima Zorreguieta had no wish to marry a non-Christian. She only wished to marry a fellow Christian but one from another denomination. The RC Canon asserts that a marriage with a non-Catholic requires permission. Before granting a dispensation the bishop is obliged to see to it that Catholics seeking to marry non-Catholics "are prepared to remove any dangers of defecting from the faith".

The bishop of Rotterdam has had conversations with Máxima and the Prince. He will have investigated "her track record" and then seen that she has been to a catholic primary school led by German Nuns (Collegio Mallinckrodt, Buenos Aires) and her choice to go to the smaller and private Pontifical Catholic University Argentina instead of the many large, secular, public state universities. He will possibly have had a recommendation by the family priest, Padre Dr Rafael Braun s.j. (whom also had a role during the religious wedding, by the way).

All this must have led to the conviction by the Bishop of Rotterdam that Máxima "is prepared to remove any dangers of defecting from the faith". And indeed... she did not choose the easiest way: just convert to the Prince's faith, but remained faithful to the Church of Rome.

About the invisibility of Máxima's church visits: she attends more church services in one year than the average West-European catholic in his/her whole life.... Note that Princess Beatrix regularly attends Church in The Hague and Lage Vuursche but there are no pics from her visits. Queen Juliana regularly did attend Church in Baarn and Soest. But there are no pics from her visits. The same counts for Queen Wilhelmina, known as a very devout lady whom did attend services in Apeldoorn and The Hague, but also no pics....

Old 03-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

King Willem-Alexander has opened the BioWarmteCentrale 'De Purmer'. The central district heating from Purmerend (SVP) fired wood chips, and provides 25,000 people, 80% of green heat.
King Willem-Alexander opens BioWarmteCentrale 'De Purmer'

Old 04-15-2015, 03:32 AM
Aristocracy

Not only King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima fly end of April to the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, Princess Beatrix also go that way. The company, however, will not appear as three, because Princess Beatrix goes to Curaçao and King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima to Aruba and Bonaire.

Royal couple and Princess Beatrix to Caribbean part of the Kingdom
Old 05-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to editor of 'royalty' Marc van der Linden, Queen Máxima and two of her daughters have been pictured in a shop in New York.

https://twitter.com/MarcvdLinden/sta...24750876426242

Possibly due to the media code none of the Dutch newspapers, magazines or blogs have shown the photo AFAIK.

From may 4th to 15th the Bloemcampschool of the princesses is closed for the May holiday. The agenda of the king and queen is empty from May 5th to 18th.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Retail therapy in NY? How Cosmopolitan and Lux!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
According to editor of 'royalty' Marc van der Linden, Queen Máxima and two of her daughters have been pictured in a shop in New York.

Possibly due to the media code none of the Dutch newspapers, magazines or blogs have shown the photo AFAIK.

From may 4th to 15th the Bloemcampschool of the princesses is closed for the May holiday. The agenda of the king and queen is empty from May 5th to 18th.
Where can I find the pics?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Where can we find the picture?
Old 05-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't know if there is a photo? The tweet only says that "the official visit is in june, but Queen Maxima and the little princesses are exploring new york by shopping", but as Marengo said if there is a photo it won't be published in the Netherlands
Old 05-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

A few weeks ago I was in Argentina, and as it happen I had a friend saying that QM goes to Argentina more often that the magazines publish, she always is with her 2 bodyguards and she always make time to meet with her school friends, well down to earth.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Don't know if there is a photo? The tweet only says that "the official visit is in june, but Queen Maxima and the little princesses are exploring new york by shopping", but as Marengo said if there is a photo it won't be published in the Netherlands
As usual, its everywhere on the internet.

http://i.imgur.com/8GIeLdQ.jpg
Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Great photo! wow how did you find it?
wonder why the little one wasn't there? I guess she visited her half sister their!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Great photo! wow how did you find it?
wonder why the little one wasn't there? I guess she visited her half sister their!
whose half sister?????
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 AM
Administrator

I believe that Dolores Zorreguieta is living in New York. However I am not sure how close the contact between the half siblings is. We haven't seen any of the three sisters at Maxima's or WA's 40th birthday celebrations or at the baptisms of the princesses for example. Neither were they pictured at the wedding of Juan Zorreguieta in Vienna last year.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe one of her half siblings is a painter at one point Maxima bought paintings from her too for her home and I guess she helped to do and exhibition, or so..... to be a painter and be able to live out of that it is difficult so with Maxima position probably help her.
Also when she went first time to New York she was at her half sibling home. But it is true we never see them in any event so wonder what is the relation ? Never the less they still aunts of Maxima's daughters so may be they got to get together.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

They might not be photographed but in general Maxima is hardly seen with any of her family members. I dont think if they are not seen they are not close or in contact. Maxima seems to be able not to be photographed, even with friends.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
A few weeks ago I was in Argentina, and as it happen I had a friend saying that QM goes to Argentina more often that the magazines publish, she always is with her 2 bodyguards and she always make time to meet with her school friends, well down to earth.
yes, i imagine that if she is on business closeby (in neighbouring countries) then it is easy for her to make a stop in buenos aires to visit her family. her parents, particularly her father, are getting old now, so i guess she wants to have every opportunity to be with them and for her daughters to visit them, living so far apart.
i certainly imagine maxima not losing touch with her school friends, and she seems to have a tight knit network.

really cool picture also! (http://i.imgur.com/8GIeLdQ.jpg) i guess it's a bit intrusive for them to have people photographing them even when in another country, but i still love these candid pictures seeing royals living a normal life.

marbles the brain store which is the shop they visited seems to be located in FAO schwarz, the very popular toy store of NY. i can also see that amalia has a "build a bear" box, so it must have been a day out!

http://www.marblesthebrainstore.com/...ntmapping.aspx
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe one of her half siblings is a painter at one point Maxima bought paintings from her too for her home and I guess she helped to do and exhibition, or so..... to be a painter and be able to live out of that it is difficult so with Maxima position probably help her.
Also when she went first time to New York she was at her half sibling home. But it is true we never see them in any event so wonder what is the relation ? Never the less they still aunts of Maxima's daughters so may be they got to get together.
The late Prince Claus (father of King Willem-Alexander) had a lot of family as well during his lifetime as Prince of the Netherlands: his mother Gösta von Amsberg-Baroness von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen, his sisters Sigrid Jenquel-Von Amsberg, Rixa Ahrens-Von Amsberg, Margit Grubitz-Von Amsberg, Barbara Haarhaus-Von Amsberg, Theda Baroness von Friesen-Von Amsberg, Christina Baroness von der Recke-Von Amsberg and his aunt Gabriele Baroness von Randow-Von Amsberg.

The Dutch have seldom or never seen the members of the Von Amsberg family. Princess Beatrix and her sons however are reportedly relatively close to the Von Amsbergs. During weddings, baptisms and funerals this becomes visible. That there is hardly any media coverage of the in-laws is nothing new and fits in a pattern. Also in other monarchies the in-laws remain out of publicity (De Laborde de Monpezat, d'Udekem d'Acoz, De Lannoy, etc.).

Old 05-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

really cool picture also! (http://i.imgur.com/8GIeLdQ.jpg) i guess it's a bit intrusive for them to have people photographing them even when in another country, but i still love these candid pictures seeing royals living a normal life.
Is this a recent picture, where was it taken?
Btw, Maxima is wearing Valentino, great outfit.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I like the fact that no one is actually bothering them as they shop. Although most in America do not know or would not recognize this mother and her children. It must have been nice for them. Even photographer took at a respectful distance.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Administrator

A guitarist from The Hague of 'The Clarks' cycled on his racing bike yesterday and yelled at a group that they had to get of the road. The lady who apologized was non-other than Q. Maxima. She was apparently taking a walk with her husband and daughters.

According to the guitarist the king goes to concerts of the band once in a while.

Gitarist van Haagse band The Clarks tegen koninklijk paar: 'Hey hallo, ga eens van die weg af' | Omroep West

Via: ATR

Tags
general news, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima