Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - May 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Cute story:

A Dutch guy who traveled to Argentina and went to eat at Maxima's brother's restaurant left a card there asking her to sign it and to send it to him. If she did, he would ask his girlfriend to marry him...and she did! She wrote that it's nice they like Argentina, that they should enjoy their trip and that she hopes she will marry him.
https://translate.google.be/transla...://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20150606_01717797
https://twitter.com/ADnl/status/607096856938717184/photo/1

such a sweet story, i love that maxima bends in to this sort of thing. she seems a most agreeable person.

This city is very beautiful. They are visiting for the some reason or just choose a city. I mean have this city something important to see?

It has a statue of Jan Pietersz. Coen. But let's hope they weren't pictured with him as it isn't politically correct these days I suppose (but what is?). It is just a charming town, picturesque and next to a big lake.

Thank Marengo. Yes what i see from the pictures is very charming. You have right these days nothing is politically correct especially for the royals.

WOW soooooo extremely small world i say.Is nice to have these friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next to the Queen in that boat is Prof Dr Onno Ruding, former Dutch minister of finances, former executive director of the IMF and former vice-Chair of the Board of CitiCorp, so one of the most influeantial bankers worldwide. He is -since years- a close friend of the King and is also Chairman of the Board managing Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn.

In 2001 Prof Dr Ruding organized the first formal banquet with the Zorreguieta family and the younger members of the royal family: the two brothers of the Prince of Orange and some De Bourbon de Parme and Van Vollenhoven cousins. That banquet was held at the Châtau de La Hulpe, "next door" to the estate of the Ruding family. The Zorreguieta family (father Jorge, mother María del Carmen, brother Martín, brother Juan and sister Inès) was complete.

It seems Máxima's father and Prof. Dr. Ruding know each other: the one as director of the Banco República and the other as as Vice-Chair of CitiCorp. The young Máxima Zorreguieta made her first steps in the banking world at the Banco Mercado Abierto, a daughter-bank of... Banco República. Well... well... extremely small world... Remarkable to see such a powerful banker still being so close with the Zorreguietas, since 2001.

Last edited:
Next to the Queen in that boat is Prof Dr Onno Ruding, former Dutch minister of finances, former executive director of the IMF and former vice-Chair of the Board of CitiCorp, so one of the most influeantial bankers worldwide. He is -since years- a close friend of the King and is also Chairman of the Board managing Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn.

In 2001 Prof Dr Ruding organized the first formal banquet with the Zorreguieta family and the younger members of the royal family: the two brothers of the Prince of Orange and some De Bourbon de Parme and Van Vollenhoven cousins. That banquet was held at the Châtau de La Hulpe, "next door" to the estate of the Ruding family. The Zorreguieta family (father Jorge, mother María del Carmen, brother Martín, brother Juan and sister Inès) was complete.

It seems Máxima's father and Prof. Dr. Ruding know each other: the one as director of the Banco República and the other as as Vice-Chair of CitiCorp. The young Máxima Zorreguieta made her first steps in the banking world at the Banco Mercado Abierto, a daughter-bank of... Banco República. Well... well... extremely small world... Remarkable to see such a powerful banker still being so close with the Zorreguietas, since 2001.

thanks for the information - that's an amazing coincidence! as if maxima was somehow destined for what would come... :)
in any case, it's great to see that her family could come to holland, specially after her father's illness.

That is not known. Today in the weekly royal blog of the NOS (the Dutch equivalent of the BBC): "The King's vacation is no holiday".

My translation of the orginal text:

Like many Dutch, King Willem-Alexander and his family are on vacation. Whether the King spends his vacation in his villa at a Greek beach or elsewhere, remains secret for privacy reasons. The King made no secret that his vacation is not really a holiday.

During an interview with the press after the usual photo session on the eve of his vacation, the King stated that he remains head of state, also during the vacation: "You do not know what is coming. That is part of my fine work." In 2005 Queen Beatrix said, in an interview with Dorien Pessers (for her Silver Jubilee) that the never-ending availability was "one of the difficult aspects of the monarchy".

Here King Willem-Alexander seems to be less burdened. The King said that during this holiday he would study and read for his coming State Visit to China, in October and called it "a pleasure to do." Of course the remains continuously available for putting his signature to Acts and Royal Decrees. The King does that on a very tightly secured iPad.

After returning from vacation the King will again sign the original documents, but then by hand, all while keeping the original date of the first signing. Thanks to the digital revolution the times are beyond that special couriers had to travel to the holiday residence of the King.

In the Dutch constellation there is no remplaçant for the King, also not during illness, vacation or maternity. Often these replacements are arranged, far behind the comma. For example for members of the Cabinet. As Pthe Prime Minister is with vacation, his duties will be performed by the Vice Prime Minister. Is he also not there, then the most senior minister takes the honneurs. Ministers themselves are replaced by their state-secretaries.

The exception for the King when it comes to replacement is related to the strictly personal nature of his ohigh ffice. The King is neither lected nor appointed, but acquires his position by virtue of birth: the hereditary succession. In very exceptional cases, there may be an remplaçant for the King indeed.

Thus, the Constitution provides in Article 36 that King Willem-Alexander can lay down -temporarily- the royal authority "on his own initiative". But the Parliament, both Houses in a joint session, has to approve this by a special Bill. The royal authority comes then, as things are arranged, in the hands of Queen Máxima. She will then become Regentess of the Kingdom.

:flowers:

i'm sure if that were the case, the netherlands would be in good hands with maxima :)

Well, this is definately her. Nobody else would combine a tiger print coat with tiger print sunglasses ;).

I suppose the Dutch press will be unable to use it, last time she was pictured on a private visit in Argentina a law suit followed. IMHO quite rediculous as many Dutch would find it newsworthy that the Queen is able to take a holiday in the middle of the week, after returning from an x-week summer holiday.

Marengo-Any news on her parents' health? I can imagine that she tries to see them whenever she can. I would think that the trans-continental flights might be too much for her father these days.

Queen Maxima has the most wonderful fashion sense and the personality to go with it. I don't always like her choices in clothing but I love her confidence to just put it out there!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I often read also on other forums, that people thinks she is too often in Argentina for "holidays".
If her father would live near to her, I assume nobody would say, she takes "holiday" to see him... It is very sad, that they live so far from each other and she can not see him so often.

Marengo-Any news on her parents' health? I can imagine that she tries to see them whenever she can. I would think that the trans-continental flights might be too much for her father these days.

He was int he Netherlands in early summer I believe. He, his wife, daughter and grand daughters were pictured on a boat in Hoorn. That is the last thing I know. He seemed less frail than a few months before.

I often read also on other forums, that people thinks she is too often in Argentina for "holidays".
If her father would live near to her, I assume nobody would say, she takes "holiday" to see him... It is very sad, that they live so far from each other and she can not see him so often.

I must say I read very little about that in Dutch media. From the very first day in the Royal House, then Princess Máxima and now Queen, has always travelled all around the world with unbelievable zest. She is a globetrotting royal avant-la-lettre.

Indeed it is.Like every other kid she has/wants/wishes to see her parents as often as possible.It's just the distance that makes the difference for most,while you and I and most others can take a car or train and are there in a jiffy...She has to fly over 12 hours non-stop to see them and say hi.I say,if that's what it takes,so be it.Leave her alone for doing so.Private is private,especially on private expenses...she's not Barbie & Mike and if all that awfull tabloid lot would love us all to see her like that...She's not.

Last edited:
If Maxima has nothing listed in her agenda, then I do not see the big deal her leaving the country to see her father. She is not canceling or prosponing events to travel.

If Maxima has nothing listed in her agenda, then I do not see the big deal her leaving the country to see her father. She is not canceling or prosponing events to travel.

True.It's het mom's birthday,very private,very nice.Máxima takes the effort of the trip to show her love and gratefulness.After all,la famillia Argentina helps out here a lot too,if it were only to be there for the children when mom and dad are abroad.I mean really,very special relationship.Admirable!

I think that Lucien can agree with me that there are no discontent sounds in Dutch media that "she is too often in Argentina". No word about that (or I must have missed it).

He was int he Netherlands in early summer I believe. He, his wife, daughter and grand daughters were pictured on a boat in Hoorn. That is the last thing I know. He seemed less frail than a few months before.
Danke Marengo.:)

nice to see maxima visiting her family :)
i wonder how often she goes to her native country and what she gets up to whilst there. they must be fairly quick visits, i assume, as we haven't seen her "absent" for long periods of time in the past...

The King and Queen own two big lots on the estate Muelle de Piedra near the town Villa la Angostura (bordering Chile). It is in the northern part of the enormous Nahuel Huapi National Park, and surrounded by lakes, forests and mountains. The park is considered to be one of most beautiful locations in the mountainous parts of Patagonia.

Also Queen Máxima's brother Martín lives there and has one of his restaurants in Villa la Angostura. (He also owns another restaurant in a luxurious hotel in San Carlos de Bariloche, the posh wintersport destination of South America). So it is not only for family. The best friends of the Queen probably also live in Argentina.

The Maxima has the right to visit her family, especially when her father is ill. Just be a little strange at this time when just returned from their summer holidays. He could have done the holiday season but.... anyway if not bother the Dutch people who else cares?

The Maxima has the right to visit her family, especially when her father is ill. Just be a little strange at this time when just returned from their summer holidays. He could have done the holiday season but.... anyway if not bother the Dutch people who else cares?

Nobody.It was her moms birthday and she surprised them all.

No discontent anywhere,not even in the press,so,so that settles that.
Summer holidays have nothing & nada to do with it.A Mom is a MOM and you only have one,regardless ones station in life,so one is there on birthdays!:)

^^^^^^^ yep, not even in the non-royaltic press was there any commentary on her trip, so it's just "a thing" on internet forums
(to be honest, i haven't even seen it mentioned in the dutch press; it's compketely regarded as private and of little "news value")

I am sure some magazines might have published it if they wouldn't have the media code around. But the press voluntarily sticks to the code and do not publish pictures of members of the RF outside of official events indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom