Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - May 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Very interesting :) I wonder if they ever enjoy Argentinean food?

Yes, the same here. The wealthier you are the more you have access to quality fresh produce, meat and fish. And you grow up appreciating quality food and cooking. Where I live in the poorer neighborhoods their may not be grocery stores at all near just small convenience stores and fast food. And as fast processed food constantly drains their money they also contribute to the obesity epidemic in this country Among the poor.

Very sad.

Lmao damn I didn't know the link I posed would cause such a fuzz. :ROFLMAO: I thought it was a cute image of a family that can also do more normal things.

They're young girls and they probably wanted a Happy Meal. Like pretty much every kid out there wants every once in a while. What's the big deal? Let these kids enjoy a ''bad meal.'' They have a whole lifetime ahead to focus on health and image.

Lmao damn I didn't know the link I posed would cause such a fuzz. :ROFLMAO: I thought it was a cute image of a family that can also do more normal things.

They're young girls and they probably wanted a Happy Meal. Like pretty much every kid out there wants every once in a while. What's the big deal? Let these kids enjoy a ''bad meal.'' They have a whole lifetime ahead to focus on health and image.

This! I think people forget that, at the end of the day, all kid and adults, albeit royalty or not, sometimes want a Happy Meal. It is refreshing the King was out with his daughters enjoying some time together.

:verysad:[-][/-]Happy meal today life of depravity and liqueur tomorrow :p

Last edited:
One 'bad meal' as a treat in what is possibly already the school holidays isn't going to lead to a bad life (in fact IMO depriving kids of most things only means once they are able/old enough to get it themselves they will and make up for all the times they couldn't)
Out of interest what do the family usually do for the holidays? Stay in The Netherlands and have a big Christmas or do they go away?

I agree. And WA and Maxima mentioning that they both like eating healthy foods, that gives me the impression that their daughters have a lot of healthy foods as well. I doubt they have McDonald's everyday.

As you have said, many children (and adults) want to have a McDonald's or a similar type of fast food at some point in their lives, and a lot of families give their children McDonald's as a treat from time to time. If they are having a balanced diet, it doesn't always mean that they are going to be unhealthy/are unhealthy.

One 'bad meal' as a treat in what is possibly already the school holidays isn't going to lead to a bad life (in fact IMO depriving kids of most things only means once they are able/old enough to get it themselves they will and make up for all the times they couldn't)
Out of interest what do the family usually do for the holidays? Stay in The Netherlands and have a big Christmas or do they go away?

My guess is that the King and his family will spent their holidays in Argentina, where they own real estate in the forests around the immense Lake Nahuel Huapí, near the town Villa La Angostura. They have spent Christmasses there. See picture.

Last edited:
In Argentina today people celebrate "the 3 magic Kings" wonder if Maxima celebrated with her daughters?

In Argentina today people celebrate "the 3 magic Kings" wonder if Maxima celebrated with her daughters?

Epiphany is no special day in the Netherlands. The way the Iberian and Latin-American countries celebrate Epiphany has similarities with Saint Nicholas in the Low Countries, celebrated on December 6th, exactly a month earlier. However Maastricht, the capital of the (Catholic) province of Limbourg still has a Driekoningenstoet (Procession of the Three Kings). Like in Spain today, at the end the children get sweets and presents. So they have three feasts in one month time: Saint Nicholas, Christmas and Epiphany...

:lol:

I doubt the Queen has celebrated it with the Princesses. In Wassenaar and The Hague, it was a normal schoolday.

However it is possible that the princesses have learned about some of the Christmas customs in Argentina by chatting with their maternal relatives and viewing old family photos etc...

Epiphany is no special day in the Netherlands. The way the Iberian and Latin-American countries celebrate Epiphany has similarities with Saint Nicholas in the Low Countries, celebrated on December 6th, exactly a month earlier. However Maastricht, the capital of the (Catholic) province of Limbourg still has a Driekoningenstoet (Procession of the Three Kings). Like in Spain today, at the end the children get sweets and presents. So they have three feasts in one month time: Saint Nicholas, Christmas and Epiphany...

I doubt the Queen has celebrated it with the Princesses. In Wassenaar and The Hague, it was a normal schoolday.

You can have your doubts,just don't burb 'm out loud that much.

Epiphany used to be celebrated as a sunday in a not so long ago past,with all the frills et tout,but then came what we call the versobering and vervlakking and nothing is what it was....

You can have your doubts,just don't burb 'm out loud that much.

Epiphany used to be celebrated as a sunday in a not so long ago past,with all the frills et tout,but then came what we call the versobering and vervlakking and nothing is what it was....

In my childhood (in Maastricht indeed) I used to go alongside the doors with two other friends and sing, dressed as Caspar, Balthasar and Melchior. There in Maastricht this tradition is still done but that Driekoningen (Epiphany) was a Sunday (a day off) no... that must have been very long ago...

I grow up with the 3 Magic Kings and even though now I live in the US where here they do not celebrate it. I always did it for my daughter. Even when I was living in Europe and my husband is British he would celebrated and I would have a present in my shoes! you just wake up a bit earlier if you have to work or school! So still Maxima might want to keep the tradition with her daughters, it is a private and I guess if she wants she can do it! and all kids loves to have more presents!

I would hope that Maxima is teaching her children her culture and customs.

Christmas card of the King and Queen and their family (2015):
Fast, Free Image Hosting - ImageBam

There are different cards with and without pictures:

With skating children (front)

With skating children (inside)

With Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem (front)

With Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem (inside)

I have also seen one with a drawing of children from different ethnic background building a Christmas tree.

It looks like the personally signed cards are with a family photo. The cards with this sort of nice drawings are the unsigned ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
"King Willem-Alexander and Máxima are Monday morning on been granted an audience with Pope Francis.
This is the conclusion of a press release that the Vatican has spread"

www.nu.nl/buitenland/4252441/willem-alexander-en-maxima-audientie-bij-paus-franciscus.html - Translator

This will be an important even with the Dutch Royals seeing the Holy Father. However Queen Maxima will not wear white like Princess Charlene of Monaco did. Maxima is not of the Roman Catholic faith.

This will be an important even with the Dutch Royals seeing the Holy Father. However Queen Maxima will not wear white like Princess Charlene of Monaco did. Maxima is not of the Roman Catholic faith.

The event already happened last monday, it was a private visit, maybe there will be a few pics published at some point
(Q.Maxima *is* a roman-catholic, by the way)

Last edited:
I hadn't realized that the princesses would be accompanying their parents to the Vatican. A great opportunity for them to meet HH and practice a little Spanish with him.:)

Did she convert when she married? So all the other Queens are Catholic that the reason are in white? I am confuse it is Queen Rania Catholic?
Hum, I am not sure she were black being a Queen but I do not think it has to do with your own religion. The only Queen I know is Catholic it is Queen Letizia.

Did she convert when she married? So all the other Queens are Catholic that the reason are in white? I am confuse it is Queen Rania Catholic?
Hum, I am not sure she were black being a Queen but I do not think it has to do with your own religion. The only Queen I know is Catholic it is Queen Letizia.

Queen Maxima never changed denominations when she married Willem-Alexander in 2002. She retained her Catholic faith but her daughters are being raised in the Dutch Reformed Church. Queen Letizia is not the only Catholic queen asQueen Mathilde of the Belgians is also a Roman Catholic. The Queens/Grand Duchess/Princess consort of traditionally Roman Catholic nations: Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco,Spain are granted the privilege of wearing white when meeting with the Pope.

CyrilVladisla is incorrect ,Queen Maxima is Roman Catholic and never converted ,the Monarchs/Consorts of Spain,Belgium ,Luxembourg and Monaco are all Roman Catholic.

The mothers of the Kings of Spain and Belgium are also Roman Catholic queens.

The Dutch Monarch is Protestant,his wife is Catholic so Maxima wears black .

Last edited:
I think Maxima is still Catholic but her daughters are not. If you're the wife of the Catholic ruler you have the privilege to wear white- WA is not Catholic. So even though Max is Catholic, she can't wear white because she's not the wife of a Catholic ruler representing a Catholic country.

This is what I understand.

Queen Maxima never changed denominations when she married Willem-Alexander in 2002. She retained her Catholic faith but her daughters are being raised in the Dutch Reformed Church. Queen Letizia is not the only Catholic queen asQueen Mathilde of the Belgians is also a Roman Catholic. The Queens/Grand Duchess/Princess consort of traditionally Roman Catholic nations: Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco,Spain are granted the privilege of wearing white when meeting with the Pope.

Thank you for the explanation,:flowers: so wonder why Queen Rania used white in her visit with him?

I think Maxima is still Catholic but her daughters are not. If you're the wife of the Catholic ruler you have the privilege to wear white- WA is not Catholic. So even though Max is Catholic, she can't wear white because she's not the wife of a Catholic ruler representing a Catholic country.

This is what I understand.
thank you for your explanation! :flowers:Make sense that the daughters are Protestant like their father , and I see all the girls used black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the explanation,:flowers: so wonder why Queen Rania used white in her visit with him?

Rania has worn black (though sometimes a white scarf)when she has been at the Vatican. It was during Papal visits to Jordan she has worn white. The rule about white is for official audiences with the Pope in the Vatican.

Here she is in the recent Vatican trip
Pope Francis' 'selfie' photo shows off the Catholic Church's 'cool image' | Daily Mail Online

For instance you see it with the Spanish royals when the pope has visited them in Spain.
Princess Sofia and Queen Letizia of Spain Photos - World Youth Day 2011 Celebrations Are Held In Madrid - Zimbio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom