Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Daughters in Buenos Aires: June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
The Prince of Orange and his family arrived in Buenes Aires this afternoon to visit Máxima's father who is seriously ill.

Aparently he underwent a knee surgery, according to this article in the Telegraaf (who is quoting the RVD).

A private visit no doubt, so no pictures here, though newspapers could try to argue that 4 visits to Argentina within half a year might be relevant background information for their readers ;). Not to mention the prince's speeches about CO2 neutrality and such.

--

Having that said, I hope Mr. Zorreguieta as a swift recovery from this surgery, these knee surgeries can get quite nasty from time to time, though he seems rather vital still.

Last edited:
Aparently he underwent a knee surgery, according to this article in the Telegraaf (who is quoting the RVD).

A private visit no doubt, so no pictures here, though newspapers could try to argue that 4 visits to Argentina within half a year might be relevant background information for their readers ;). Not to mention the prince's speeches about CO2 neutrality and such.

--

Having that said, I hope Mr. Zorreguieta as a swift recovery from this surgery, these knee surgeries can get quite nasty from time to time, though he seems rather vital still.

Actually,Marengo,flying all that way,with the children too,to see someone recovering from a knee operation only.....
I hope it is just that,considering his age.

So if its soooo private, why does the RVD 'announces' the visit?:ermm:
Now for sure the paparazzis will follow Máxima...

Last edited:
6 years is not reason for leaving yourselv go fat, specially when you are a public figure and an example for the people, it would not anly be about his look, is a health issue too. and yes, he still charming!
Have you considered the possibility that his weight gain might be because of medicines he may use for his auto-immune disease?

Have you considered the possibility that his weight gain might be because of medicines he may use for his auto-immune disease?

Prinsesbeagle, you raise a very good point. My mother has suffered from an auto-immune disease for many years. At one point, her doctors required her to take a steroid medication that caused her to gain a lot of weight. These types of medications are often part of the treatment for this type of disease.

So if its soooo private, why does the RVD 'announces' the visit?:ermm:
Now for sure the paparazzis will follow Máxima...

Maybe to prevent upheaval that happened last time she went to Argentina, when there was a big discussion in the press and public about Maxima with glasses. If pictures would be made by paparazzi, some newspaper would probably print it, claiming it is newsworthy that they are in Argentina, the RVD would try to forbid the publication an there would be a new discussion along the lines of 'why aren't we allowed to see them in Argentina? What do they have to hide?' Now no newspaper or magazine can print the photos.

Infobae.com:

Máxima Zorreguieta in the country because of her father's health

*Máxima Zorreguieta, en el país por la salud de su padre - Infobae.com*

Also mentions that Mr. Zorreguieta is to undergo a knee surgery.

It strikes me as odd. Why would you come, with your husband, only because your father is going to have a knee surgery? Yeah well, the man is 80. That could be a matter of concern, but still... odd.

If I wanted to allow my imagination to fly, I would think that there exists some announcement to be made... but then I would be acting Story-alike :rolleyes:

Well, I do hope her father reacts well to the surgery. Only the two are there?

Is Willem-Alexander also in Buenos Aires?

Last edited:
It looks to me like Maxima was well and truely into "hide from the press" mode this time

That's not just a possibility,it is the very case with HRH.He does suffer from a auto-immune disease,for years,and has to get to medicine with the obvious result.Thank you for pointing at that direction for those who obviously needed that.:flowers:

Will Maxima and WA attend Holland-Italy football match in Bern tonight?

Even without Alexander we did superb last night:Netherlands - France: 4 - 1!!!

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE and our very own brand of "Princes of Orange",the whole team of 'm!!
:wub:

(Cousin Prince Pieter-Christiaan and PM J-P were in attendance)

Last edited:
That's not just a possibility,it is the very case with HRH.He does suffer from a auto-immune disease,for years,and has to get to medicine with the obvious result.Thank you for pointing at that direction for those who obviously needed that.:flowers:

What disease does he suffer from?

Thank you,they'll be back very early next week,there's an agenda waiting....;),
meanwhile,I hope all is well with abuelo y todo la familia!:flowers:

Me too, and I hope they can have a "private" father's day, they will be on Netherlands the next week :flowers:

Wasn't he cured from this a few years ago and stopped using the medication? The RVD did not say he started using them again so it is not sure the diseaseis causing the over weight look that he has at the moment.

Wasn't he cured from this a few years ago and stopped using the medication? The RVD did not say he started using them again so it is not sure the diseaseis causing the over weight look that he has at the moment.

No he wasn't cured,it's still there,see it as something chronic,not seriously treatening his health,but he will need to take these meds from time to time.The RVD explained it all once,and considers it a private business since.And you know how they and private match.....;)

No he wasn't cured,it's still there,see it as something chronic,not seriously treatening his health,but he will need to take these meds from time to time.The RVD explained it all once,and considers it a private business since.And you know how they and private match.....;)

AFAIK in 1999 Eef Brouwers announced that the prince had the illness but said he was completely recovered from it and did not use medication anymore. So the RVD did not explain it correctly if the illness was still there.

Anyway, let;s hope the illness has not returned and that the prince is just over-eating.
-

Anyway, if there is nothing seriously wrong with Jorge Zorreguieta I am wondering why they go on a 4rth visit in 6 months to Argentina while there is a debate about the travelling costs of the RF, though the press seems to be focussed on soccer only at the moment.

Last edited:
Anyway, if there is nothing seriously wrong with Jorge Zorreguieta I am wondering why they go on a 4rth visit in 6 months to Argentina while there is a debate about the travelling costs of the RF, though the press seems to be focussed on soccer only at the moment.

Some more photos of Máxima & the girls and Jorge Zorreguieta arriving home:
Reina Máxima - Novedades

The Prince and his family will return tomorrow to The Netherlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom