Willem-Alexander & Máxima's Visit to Mongolia: June 14-18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very beautiful pics! thanks! The couple is so cute!:) :) :)

Amazing pics so far! They seem to be enjoying their trip. I love the pictures of them with the beautiful view behind them.

sorta off topic, but I have a question about the kids. When WA and Maxima go on trips like these, do they bring the girls with them? It seems like they have sooo much going on and they're very busy so they may leave them at home with the nanny's but at the same time I cant imagine them wanting to leave them either. Anyone know?

I heard the rumour that the parents of Máxima were on a holiday in the Netherlands, so it is very possible that they are babysitting. But of course the princely couple has got an excellent nanny who can change the dirty diaper, and grandpapa or mama can keep their hands clean!

I hate this big hat! Princess Máxima tends to choose these big hats that most of the times are appropriated, imo. They call too much attention for herself. The black suit and the brown jacket are very pretty, imo.

Kelly said:
What wonderful pictures! Thanks Adry. They looks so much in love! Like in their honeymoon.

I feel posting pictures of this couple..lovely as always..Cheers Kelly;)

sem said:
Ups! Thouse pictures gonna upset Princess Olga.
let's not get ridiculous here. I'll repeat myself: I do not mind expressions of affection between royal couples when in the line of duty every so often. As long as it doesn't get sappy on the level it did a few years back between Fred and Mary of Denmark. Again, as I also said in a former post, Max & Alex don't even flirt in public that much anyway.

All the same, if you happily drink the royal coolaid & give up your tax money in order for a royal couple to play eye footsie in public whether or not as a publicity move while officially representing your country miles away from home, be my utmost guest. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the photos. The photos of the couple in the national park look like vacationing photos, the scenery is just beautiful.Willem-Alexander and Máxima look adorable together.

Wew! Maxima looks very elegant in her casual clothes. Did you notice that she is wearing an Argentinian poncho to cover herself from the cold?

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Wew! Maxima looks very elegant in her casual clothes. Did you notice that she is wearing an Argentinian poncho to cover herself from the cold?

Vanesa.
I was wondering about that great poncho!
Meanwhile, I have to admit that these pictures make me eager to visit Mongolia one of these days! That lanscape, Just spectacular!

On another note, I was wondering about baby-sitting options for the royal couple's two tots as well. Let's keep in mind that last week, Maxima and her hubby were attending the festivities in Thailand. After that, they flew immediately on to Mongolia, where evidently they have a very busy calendar, not allowin gg much down time, if at all.
it seems to me that because of this, they probably opted to leave their daughters back home, instead of schlepping them from exotic locale to another, without being able to devote much time to them anyway.
And yes, I get the impression Maxima's parents are in the Netherlands on babysitting duty. I mean, no one would expect a nanny to work 24/7, would they.

Princess Maxima pets a goatling during a tour to the Ger community in the Tuul Valley, in the Hustai Park Buffer Zone, on the last day of Prince Willem-Alexander and her four-day official visit to Mongolia, Saturday 17 June 2006

from anp and getty

Attachments

• 3195714.jpg
    3195714.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 3195683.jpg
    3195683.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 3195684.jpg
    3195684.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 3195688.jpg
    3195688.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 3195706.jpg
    3195706.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 190
  • 3195711.jpg
    3195711.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 71224892.jpg
    71224892.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 71224893.jpg
    71224893.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 71224895.jpg
    71224895.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 71224911.jpg
    71224911.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Looking at those pictures with Willem-Alexander and Máxima on that mountain together, I think it's such a shame that Willem doesn't try harder to lose some weight...
He is too fat!!! :mad:
He should try to lose some weight before it's too late and only becomes fattter!!! :eek:

Can we for once try not to talk about weight all the time? I think W-A is fine. Well yeah, there are a lot of people who are smaller than he is, but there are also a lot of people who are much bigger. It's always about royals being to fat or being to thin, I'm getting a bit tired of it, to be honest... :(

Willem-Alexander & Maxima in Hutsai National Park

from epa-corbis

Beautiful pictures of Maxima and Willem Alexander! :)
They are a nice couple!
I love the picture of Maxima holding the little child!

I have to agree with you , Maxie!
WA has never been one of the "thin" people, but I never thought that he's "Too fat"!

Hey guys!
I haven't been on board for a looong time, so it took me a long time to watch all the new pictures and threads!

Amazing pictures of Alex and Maxima!
They didn't change anyway. ;)
I am glad to be back!

They are incredible in these photos. I like them very much...very beautiful photos and they look very lovely...so nice for me.

Thanks a lot for the photos.

Love all the pics, especially those taken in Hustai National Park.

they are very relexed and having a good time together!

Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands ride horses In Ikh Tenger on June 17, 2006 in Ulan Bator, Mongolia. They are on an official visit to Mongolia which celebrates its 800th birthday this year.
Getty Images

Last edited:
Jess - the two large photos of WA and M on the previous page are very beautiful. Thank you for those.

thanks everyone for the photos! i'm delighted with these two visits to mongolia and thailand, maxima didn't stop surprising me with the outfits. they must have taken so may suitcases! :)

as vanesa and other posters said, i also love maxima's casual clothes. casual but elegant, i must say. the ethnic details, which i think most of them look very argentinian, give the look anice touch in my opinion and seem the perfect complement for a relaxed event horse-riding (in which maxima proves she is a true argentinian lady...)

the first ones of the pictures purple platinum posted is just lovely. looks very idilic and cute to me :) thanks!

i also think willem alexander is not fat. he is just normal and practically all the men of his age are like that.

What a fascinating trip. Mongolia seems like a beautiful country. Maxima and Willem-Alexander have really done a variety of engagements on this trip, from riding horse to archery, lots of cool stuff!

Ur welcome Lucien...Maxima is such a lovely princess ;)

When seeing pictures of Máxima, like now, I always think it must be really hard not to like her. She looks like a great woman, no matter in which situation or company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom