Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Visit to Japan: April 16-19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The outfit was just fine for me if the hat was smaller in size or not there and maybe not with that color maybe.

I wonder if it´s a good idea, visiting Japan when she´s sooo pregnant, when Crown Princess Masako suffers from depression because of her inability to be pregnant again? Unless they´re hoping the pregnancy "virus" will infect Japan. I feel so sorry for Masako.

I love the little flower detail on Maxima's golden ensemble. I'm delighted that the Crown Princess is still up for such a long-distance trip, despite the fact that she said she inteded to cut down on public duties up until the birth of their child this summer.
She seems to be having her fair share of fun during her trip to the country, and she's just absolutely radiating from the pictures we see. (though the goldish outfit probably helped), though the only downside will probably be that she'll have to keep off from trying the fine sake that the country produces. (C:

I like the outfit for the Spring-y colors. Don't love the green accessories, though. Maybe neutral accessories? or pink accessories (I think she looks better in reds and pinks)? maybe I just don't like that color green?

And the hat is really big. The better to visually balance her tummy?

Regardless, she looks happy and healthy.

From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2005/04/19/royalsinjapan/

HATS OFF TO MARY AND MAXIMA AS THEY CHARM JAPAN
Charismatic crown princesses Maxima of the Netherlands and Mary of Denmark each brought a little bit of their respective countries to Japan on Tuesday.

The vibrant young royals, who both donned cheerful springtime hats for their outings, are accompanying their husbands on the trip to help celebrate the 2005 World Expo in Nagakute.

And both royal ladies had plenty on the agenda. Mary, wife of Crown Prince Frederik, visited the Hans Christian Andersen Park in Funabashi city, where she was greeted by throngs of children waving Japanese and Danish flags. Renowned for her ability to get into the spirit of things, Mary enthusiastically painted schoolkids' faces and assisted a seven-year-old boy to plant a tree.

Meanwhile, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's spouse was busy at the World Expo's Dutch pavilion. The pregnant princess happily received a bouquet of flowers from one of the event's kimono-clad ambassadors, and enjoyed an animated chat with Japan's Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko.

1. The Dutch royal couple meet with Prince Akishino, younger son of the emperor, and his wife Princess Kiko
2. Maxima, accompanied by her husband, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, accepts a springtime bouquet in the Dutch pavilion at the 2005 World Expo

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom