Willem-Alexander & Máxima's Official Visit to Slovenia: October 2-4, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, look at that first picture in post 24; thats a breathtaking view! I can't translate the caption but it looks like they're at a lake but it looks like there is an island with a castle on it...am I right?

christinacg

Yes you are right. They are at the lake Blejsko jezero. There is small island on the lake and on it is a church and not a castle.

slovenia is a beautiful country you may all tryst me :) i guess william and maxima will have a great time there!

slovenia is a beautiful country you may all tryst me :) i guess william and maxima will have a great time there!

Europe with all his coutries is beautiful.

Is Bled the small church on an island, I think I have been there once. You have to ring a bell 3 times and make a wish...

That's what I think as well, as to my own Slovenian origins I'm happy
to see Maxima and WA there, I can't remember many other royal
guests there as long as I'm interested in royals ;):) They'll
surely see much more wonderful sites and I hope they'll find the
time to really enjoy it! :flowers:

Europe with all his coutries is beautiful.

:flowers: but slovenia has a special Soul... :) i hope we can all see many pictures of this beautiful country :wub:

Indeed! And I believe these sunglasses were worn previously by Máxima in Norway, during the 'walk on the rocks', in occasion of Queen Sonja's 70th birthday, earlier in 2007 (or are at least very similar to those!)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2007/07070512.jpg

yeah you're right they are the same... i love its design too!

Hola magazine already has an overview on their first day in Slovenia:

LA PRINCESA MÁXIMA VIAJÓ A ESLOVENIA EN UN AVIÓN PILOTADO POR SU MARIDO, EL PRÍNCIPE GUILLERMO

The title is "Princess Máxima travels to Slovenia in a plane with her husband Prince Willem as the pilot"

My question is: if he was smiling from the copilot's seat, isn't it possible that he was not being 'the pilot' but the 'copilot'. Either the picture we've all seen is inverted, or he exchanged seats to salute the photographers, or he was actually the copilot...?

I like Máxima's dress at the dinner :) Kinda like fish scales! :D Her 2nd outfit during the day was interesting (especially the pants!)

I wouldn't know that Prince Willem was a pilot! Good for him! I loved the pic with the monk in it.

Vanesa.

I actually liked the first dress but not the second. The trousers made her look to wide. The black dress for the dinner looks nice but can't really see the bottom of it. Are they staying at the Castle or somewhere else?

I wouldn't know that Prince Willem was a pilot! Good for him! I loved the pic with the monk in it.

Vanesa.

Before his engagement with Princess Maxima, he was named in the Dutch & Germany gossip magazines, as the "Dutch´s crahsed", because of his need of "emergency" for landed planes when he was pilot in charge. He was rudely jocked about his emergencies for landing planes.
It´s supposed Prince WA - since he is traveling with his wife - no command planes anymore. Just for pictures... ( as per Dutch magazines & reporters have told)

Last edited:

Vanesa.

Before his engagement with Princess Maxima, he was named in the Dutch & Germany gossip magazines, as the "Dutch´s crahsed", because of his need of "emergency" for landed planes when he was pilot in charge. He was rudely jocked about his emergencies for landing planes.
It´s supposed Prince WA - since he is traveling with his wife - no command planes anymore. Just for pictures... ( as per Dutch magazines & reporters have told)

I really don't know where you people get that nonsense from,utter nonsense,Alex flies himself,always,whether alone,with his wife or even his mother on board.Like his grandfather before him,Alex is the pilot of the family.

Apart from that he flies KLM Cityhopper aircraft Fokker-70 and Fokker-100 on scheduled flights on a monthly basis to keep up his flying hours.So next time you fly KLM and hear:"Goodmorning ladies and gentleman I am XX van Buren,your Captain on our flight to Kristiansand".....

Anyway,Brdo Castle last night:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer

I really don't know where you people get that nonsense from,utter nonsense,Alex flies himself,always,whether alone,with his wife or even his mother on board.Like his grandfather before him,Alex is the pilot of the family.

Apart from that he flies KLM Cityhopper aircraft Fokker-70 and Fokker-100 on scheduled flights on a monthly basis to keep up his flying hours.So next time you fly KLM and hear:"Goodmorning ladies and gentleman I am XX van Buren,your Captain on our flight to Kristiansand".....

Anyway,Brdo Castle last night:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer

I like her hair in this picutres, also i like the earrings. The dress i can´t see that well, but she looks gorgeous.

I really don't like the grey outfit, it's dull! And it's also true that her hair looks rather messy ... Pity! As to the evening dress, can't say much from the pictures, she's sitting in all of them! :ermm:

i quite liked the grey outfit (not the trousers that much though, not the best fit). the rest looked great. i loved the complements: glasses, shoes and bag.

it's a shame we can't see her gala dress!

Interesting, I'd read that he announces himself as 'Alexander van Amsberg' :flowers:

Vanesa.

From which funny gossip magazine is this story? :lol:

W-A is an excellent pilot. He has several licences and a lot experience. His licences:
- Private Pilot’s Licence (Second Class), 1985
- Commercial Pilot’s Licence (with an Instrument Rating), 1987
- Supplementary licence to fly multi-engine jet aircraft, 1989
- Military Pilot’s Licence, 1993
- Airline Transport Pilot License, 2001

Funny JessRulz. I think Maxima looks good, but she's looked better. I too like the hat. Hope she wears more vibrant colors though.

Hey, careful what you wish for!!! That parrot-green/yellow outfit she's wearing today is hideous!!!!!!! Something that Laurentien would wear.

PPE Agency

Colourfull Máxima.

Indeed a colorful Maxima. She looks much better than yesterday. I love the outfit. Pictures of W-A & Maxima are lovely. They seem to be really happy on this visit.
Do you know what the purpose of todays visit to Novo Mesto, the Trimo Company and the Simulaker Gallry of NGO Lokal Patroit?
lunch at Castle Mokrice must of have been lovely:)

Pictures from Day 1
Isifa gallery

Last edited:
More pictures:

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

I have the suspicion, that the dress wasn´t that beautiful. But i hope we see the whole picture.

Earrings & hairdo: Fantastic! About the dress, I don't know how beautiful it really was, but I do think it makes her looks a little bit flat-chested (maybe because of the way she was sitting)

The green outfit: Refreshing!

Willem-Alexander and Maxima take in the sights of Slovenia
http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2007/10/03/dutch-royal-slovenia/#enviar
3 OCTOBER 2007

Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Princess Maxima celebrated the first day of their official visit to Slovenia by raising a glass of bubbly while gazing out over the picture perfect vista of Bled lake from the grounds of a nearby castle. The couple were on a four-day trip to the central European country, during which they were scheduled to meet with Slovenian President Janez Drnovesk.
Hello magazine for full article & pictures

Earrings & hairdo: Fantastic! About the dress, I don't know how beautiful it really was, but I do think it makes her looks a little bit flat-chested (maybe because of the way she was sitting)

The green outfit: Refreshing!

The part we can see looks fab :clap:a shame there are no pics with a full view! The green outfit, very Maxima-like, looks good on her.

Indeed a colorful Maxima. She looks much better than yesterday. I love the outfit. Pictures of W-A & Maxima are lovely. They seem to be really happy on this visit.
Do you know what the purpose of todays visit to Novo Mesto, the Trimo Company and the Simulaker Gallry of NGO Lokal Patroit?
lunch at Castle Mokrice must of have been lovely:)

Pictures from Day 1
Isifa gallery

In Novo Mesto the couple visited the Lokal Patriot,a non-profit organisation for and by students,and several of their projects among which the gallery,and they met with/talked with youngsters/students on youth policy.

Trimo Company was honoured with a visit since it is a very innovative and successfull company in designing prefab buildings in over 50 countries worldwide.A success story in Slovenia.

At Mokrice Castle they met and had lunch with the Slovenian Foreign Minister Mr.D.Rupel.

This afternoon they were at the Faculty of Law at the Uni of Ljubljana,tonight there is the opening of Fokusmonth at the Theater of Ljubljana emphesizing the strong bond in arts,culture and economic relations between our two countries.
:flowers:

The first day of the visit was , fashion-wise, quite disappointing.
Máxima looked like she forgot her hairbrush at home... the new hat was lovely but it just didn't work well in combination with this leopard-print dress...
the all-gray outfit didn't really impress me either... the pants didn't do anything for her...
Thankfully there was a galadinner in the evening! I loved Máxima's hairdo!
Simply elegant and beautiful.
pity there were no pictures of the whole dress....
and today:
the color is very refreshing and suits her a lot... but again: messy hair. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom