Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Official Visit to New York: September 21-27, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
TRH will both attend several meetings in New York City next week,september 22nd till september 25th.

The Prince of Orange,Chair of UNSGAB,will attend several summits on the Milennium Goals,ao,the Side Event Water & Sanitation for All,and will speech at the Round Table Education & Health,a high level panel on Healthcare and Education.

The 23rd will see the Prince with sponsors for the 400 years anniversary New York - The Netherlands,he will visit Governor Paterson and NYC mayor Bloomberg.Ahead of the meetings will be a boat trip to Governors Island,the place the dutch `discovered` 400 years ago.

Princess Máxima will participate in the High Level Meetings on Africa´s Development Needs,september 22nd..

Oh goody! Hopefully some American news outlet can tear themselves away from election coverage to show some of WA & Maxima's visit to NYC.:flowers::wub:

I hate to be a pessimist, but I doubt that we will get to see any coverage of their visit from any of the American media outlets. The American media likes to ignore things that deal with anything positive or international.:bang:

Some information on the website of the RF, look here (in Dutch only).

Apparently a delegation of the cabinet will join HHRRHH in New York, among them prime minister Balkenende, minister Verhagen (Foreign Affairs) and Minister Koenders (Development Aid)

:lol:I am going to be in New York at the same time, too bad we couldn't go to lunch!! The media here won't even consider this news worthy, maybe in New York with the mayor they might mention it. Thank you for the royal forums!!!!!!

Because its a "meetings" visit, were not overly likelyto see lots of pics are we???

Princess Máxima will only be in NYC till tuesday,she has engagements here in The Netherlands on the 24th and 26th.

The Prince,Chair of UNSGAB,has a very busy program all week,meeting after meeting,coinciding with and in the slipstream
of the 63rd General Assembly of the United Nations,hence the Government members in the delegation.

The Princess,and the PM,will participate in the summit on Africa on monday.

On tuesday the Prince,and the PM,will be present at the opening of the 63rd General Assembly by UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki-Moon.
In the afternoon there's the visit to Governors Island and the meeting with sponsors of the NL -NYC2009 400 Years celebrations.

Ahead of the trip to Governors Island the Prince,and the PM,will visit Governor Paterson and mayor Bloomberg of NYC.

On wednesday the Prince will have meetings with,ao,staff of UNSGAB.

On thursday the Prince will attend,and speech at,the Roundtable for Education and Health.

Ofcourse we will see the odd picture here or there,but not as many as many would like I'm afraid...

This is wonderful maybe I will take a trip to NYC this weekend. Rubies you are right, there won't be much coverage from our part here.

Maxima is the headline name on the Press Release put out on the wire by the UN press corps:

World Leaders, Financial Experts Highlight Microfinance Successes in Africa, Emphasize U.N. Roadmap to Bring Financial Access to World's Poor

World Leaders, Financial Experts Highlight Microfinance Successes in Africa, Emphasize U.N. Roadmap to Bring Financial Access to World's Poor

As part of the UN General Assembly's High-level Meeting on Africa's Development Needs, world leaders and financial experts, including HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, HE Mr. Bert Koenders, Minister of Development Cooperation of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Dr. James Mwangi, Managing Director and CEO, Equity Bank (Kenya) and Mr. David Morrison, Executive Director, United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) gathered today to highlight innovative solutions and best practices to bring inclusive financial services to the poorest populations in Africa and around the globe.

This is wonderful maybe I will take a trip to NYC this weekend. Rubies you are right, there won't be much coverage from our part here.

I don't think coverage is the main goal of the visit btw, it seems it is very much a working visit, evolving around microfinance and the UN.

She looks wonderful as always. She seemed really engaged and passionate in the discussion.

Thanks Her Majesty for the pics. It's great to see a few pics of them. Hopefully more pics will come.

everyone seems to be in new york these days! i loved seeing maxima discussing financial issues in the board and wa so attentive to his wife. it's also great that she was the highlight of the event and she seems to be gaining respect in the field, which is wonderful considering how long she has been working on microfinance and her previous experience in deutsche bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom