Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amina1, i think the shoes are much better than the "hat" :lol:

Is Maxima channeling Beatrix? THis looks like something Maxima's mother in law would wear. Brown is definitely not a good color on Maxima. SHe and WA do seem happy to be there though.

mims111 said:
BTW is in Australia summer or spring? :lol: :ROFLMAO:

It's spring here, but the weather goes up and down like a yo-yo. It'll be hot one day, and the next raining cats and dogs...well not anymore, we're in the middle of a drought...

Laying a wreath at the Australian War Memorial

More from Getty Images:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72224223%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Last edited:
I had completly forgot this was the day,thanks for the pictures everyone who posted!!!!!!!
Well, i have to say woooonderful outfit, but for another occasion(sorry)Really elegant as "almost" always.

Thanks for those pics of prince Willem- Alexander and princess Maxima. As always good to see princess Maxima wonderful smile.

The Dutch royal couple Crown Prince Willem Alexander of Orange (R) and his wife Princess Maxima (L) walk along the Wall of Remembrance at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, Monday 23 October 2006. EPA/DAVID GRAY/anp.com

23-10-2006 Canberra Princess Maxima and prince Willem Alexander at the first day of their visit to Australia.(c) PPE/nieboer

Willem-Alexander the prince of Orange and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands pose for photos before a state dinner at the Governors House in Canberra, Australia, Monday, Oct. 23, 2006. The royal couple are on an offical visit of Australia including Uluru, Tasmania and Sydney.

Photos from Polfoto

Looking very elegent at the dinner.
I thoght she couldve obtained a nicer outfit upond arrival. thats hade of brown does not suit her, also the hat did not look very nice. I liked the second brown outfit, the dress. elegent and simple.

Though I am not to fond of the first outfit the princess is wearing, especially the long hairs under the hat, I must say that she looks in every inch a royal princess. The evening dress is gorgeous, the way the fabric flows around her legs and especially the train. I wish she left the wrap at home though.

I think the brown dress was under the coat she arrived in. She looks lovely except for the hat.

seto said:
I think the brown dress was under the coat she arrived in. She looks lovely except for the hat.

Thanks for clarifying.wondering if she had her hair up, maybe the hat wouldve looked nicer

2 of Maxima signing the guest book at Government House during the gala dinner

I like her gown, it is much better than the brown outfit during the day...there are no words to describe that outfit. But this outfit is gorgeous, the colour is wonderful! And you can see her belly! :D

Source: ANP

kate14 said:
Thanks everyone for the update. Wow, almost 2 weeks w/ out seeing the 2 Princesses, will probaly be hard on WA and Maxima.
Probably, but we live in a age where they can "see" their daughters even if they are not with them, thanks to webcams and similar inventions.

Thank you for the photos! I thought Maxima's brown coat was beautiful and she looked fantastic. It's such a shame that she chose such an odd hat to go with it.
The grey evening gown is such a gorgeous colour.

I love Maxima is vivid colours, like red, purple...but I can;t be too negative on her fashion as she is at that difficult stage of pregnancy when you have a tiny belly but not enough to show it off in great pregnancy clothes like wrap dresses.

At the moment it must be difficuly enough to find outfits for a everyday woman but when you are expected to wear gala gowns and suits it must be even harder no matter how much money you have.

I don't like brown for clothes, even Maxima don't look nice in it but the grey frock is beautiful

Thanks for photos,the evening dress is lovely---but the brown outfit is not one of my favorites. I have to say they do make a very handsome couple.

yes it is indeed a handsome couple I like that ,they will miss there little girls very much. I hope we will see a lot of pictures. thanks for sofar .

Maxima's grey dress is gorgeous, she really didn't need the wrap to cover it up.

Well, Maxima's grey galadress looked very nice (I also like her hair).
Really elegant!
But I don't like the hat she wore during the arrival at all!:ohmy: :ermm:
Who's the designer?

Edouard Vermeulen and Fabienne Delvigne

My guess:

the brown coat and dress: Edouard Vermeulen (House of Natan), Brussels

the brown tocque (hat) - very unelegantly worn with long hair: Fabienne Delvigne, Brussels

the grey gown - Valentino, Roma

maxima looks terrific. i loved the little brown hat, it's so original and looks magnificent with the haird pulled down. i also loved the coat, but the dress wasn't my cup of tea.

the grey dress was beautiful as well, i'm more incined to say it's from natan rather than valentino... doesn't look very valentino style to me.

carlota said:
the grey dress was beautiful as well, i'm more incined to say it's from natan rather than valentino... doesn't look very valentino style to me.

The very thin, souple silk and the feminine forms and the movement of the train were very 'Valentino', I thought.

Like her flowery gown she wore during one of the state banquets in Bangkok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom