Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo of Palatine said:
About the news that CP Mary is pregnant as well as Maxima - from:
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1161945540133B223

"Dutch royals visiting Australia said the Danish couple's news made them part of a royal baby boom in Europe, AAP reported.

The Prince of Orange, Willem-Alexander, said he and his wife, Princess Maxima, were expecting their second child in April 2007.

"

They would be expecting their third child, won't they?

On the whole I admire Princess Maxima for going thru with this gruelling itinerary of the tour especially since she is pregnant. Especially touching too is the way the Princely couple interact. Holland must be proud!

DUTCH ROYALS CHILL OUT ON OFFICIAL VISIT DOWN UNDER

Australia is famed for its easy-going ambiance, and royal visitors Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his pregnant wife Maxima - who are currently touring the country to mark 400 years since explorers from their homeland first landed there - appear to have taken the Antipodean approach to heart.

full article

foiegrass said:
ahh , maxima!! your hairr!!! but she looks cute anyway :D

How would anyones hair look with a rather strong spring breeze playing with it?It only adds to the relaxed atmosphere of this visit,and she can pull it off anyway,Aussies and Kiwi's are way less "fussy",more layed back,then we think we have to/or can/be.

1st photo: Princess Maxima, left, of the Netherlands hongies (traditional Maori welcome of touching noses) with Warrant Officer Doug Wallace at a Maori welcoming ceremony at Government House, in Wellington, New Zealand, Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2006.

Photos source: Polfoto and Profimedia

What a difference a hat can make. I Argentina she wore this coat with a big & elegant black & white hat & she looked superb, while now she looks messy & frumpy. I wish she would do something about those thin strings of hair to.

Having seen Maxima at one of the functions featured above, the photographs do not do her justice. She looked extremely elegant, hair in place and not at all frumpy! Both WA and Maxima looked relaxed and yet dignified. I know the old adage that the camera does not lie but IMO today's photographs certainly do not display the elegance of the "overall package"!!

Sorry, but what's that? I don't like Máxima's hat at all! :ermm:
it's definitely too much!

Thank you Mandy,here she is again:stunning Máxima!:wub:

Wow, I love this dress!!!! She looks a very sexy pregnant woman...and also the earrings are very beautiful.
WA has to be very proud of her woman. I think this pregnancy is being better for Maxima. Maybe it's because is a boy :)

The funny thing about Maxima is that she is not a typical beauty...I mean neather her face nor her figure is perfect yet she has an amazing radiance, you can see that she is absolutely contented with herself and these things make her look amazingly pretty, gorgeous. Also, I think she has a wonderful sense of style. I absolutely love her clothes. She must be a very, very nice person! One can't help but love her... she and William-Alexander make a lovely couple.

nice gala dress! it reminds me of a green one maria teresa of luxembourg wore not long ago. perhaps by natan?

i loved the way the welcomed each other with the typical maori greeting! :)

I just love Maxima's gala dress! :wub:
Really stylish and elegant :flowers: and color is impressive!

I like this dress very much! Although, I love the white outfit, I just can not like the black hat that goes with it. But the outfit itself is stunning!

I love this colour gown!!! Maxima looks stunning:wub:

Wow!!!! I am loving Maxima's evening gown, it is stunning and suits her figure perfectly!

Really nice evening gown for Maxima. It shows her pregnancy in full grace. The hat she was wearing with the white suit earlier, is that a combination of two big flowers?

absolutely gorgeous, beautiful , i love the combination of the two colours

At the moment I can say that Maxima looks very elegant and stunning during these visits. I know that we have few days to the end but she was great.

Princess Maxima looks very beautiful and elegant especially in the last pictures.I love her dress:heart::flowers:

Marengo said:
What a difference a hat can make. I Argentina she wore this coat with a big & elegant black & white hat & she looked superb, while now she looks messy & frumpy. I wish she would do something about those thin strings of hair to.

I completely agree with you. The same coat in Argentina, but with a lovely classic, flattering hat, and her hair neatly pulled back and she looked great. Argentina (March 2006):
57219880.jpg

Here, her hair is a mess, and the hat is just silly looking, not to mention unflattering.

Prince snubs New Zealand

Wellington - The heir to the Dutch throne, Prince Willem-Alexander of Orange, shocked well-wishers with an apparent snub as he and his wife Princess Maxima started an official visit to New Zealand on Tuesday.
As they left a hotel after ending a three-day private holiday in the South Island mountain lake resort of Queenstown before starting their official programme, a radio reporter asked them how they enjoyed their stay in New Zealand.
"It's none of your business - it's private," the prince replied, drawing gasps from onlookers.
"Don't come back," shouted one man as the royal pair were driven away in their chauffeured car. "I hope he gets out of bed on the right side tomorrow," said Radio New Zealand reporter Steve Wild, who noted that local taxpayers were footing the bill for the royal visit to three cities.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,9294,2-10-1462_2023140,00.html

kinda bursts ur bubble doesn't it...

Last edited by a moderator:
tete said:
Wellington - The heir to the Dutch throne, Prince Willem-Alexander of Orange, shocked well-wishers with an apparent snub as he and his wife Princess Maxima started an official visit to New Zealand on Tuesday.
As they left a hotel after ending a three-day private holiday in the South Island mountain lake resort of Queenstown before starting their official programme, a radio reporter asked them how they enjoyed their stay in New Zealand.
"It's none of your business - it's private," the prince replied, drawing gasps from onlookers.
"Don't come back," shouted one man as the royal pair were driven away in their chauffeured car. "I hope he gets out of bed on the right side tomorrow," said Radio New Zealand reporter Steve Wild, who noted that local taxpayers were footing the bill for the royal visit to three cities.
]

I'm shocked, well i guess there does come to a point when they don't want to talk and be by themselves. But still, its not private, its a state visit and when tax payers are paying for the trip, they have every right to know if they are enjoying their stay- oh well, in the princes defense, he is human, it happens to anyone.:)

Last edited:
Australian said:
]

I'm shocked, well i guess there does come to a point when they don't want to talk and be by themselves. But still, its not private, its a state visit and when tax payers are paying for the trip, they have every right to know if they are enjoying their stay- oh well, in the princes defense, he is human, it happens to anyone.:)
Couldn't agree more with your entire post, Australian. :)

On the one hand, I can completely sympathize with Willem Alexander: those pesky reporters don't want to give an inch of space. And he's only human, that is very true.

On the other hand though, he needs to start realizing that,

1) he <is> on a trip representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and these kinds of reactions don't reflect well if you consider the goal of this trip: promoting the Netherlands overseas.
2)He needs to also start being less unpredictable when it comes to handling the press: now he's all smiles and cooperative: at another moment he's snappy, short and unfriendly.
3)He needs to take a page from his mother. Let's admit it, this kind of reaction wouldn't have happened to <her>, the ultra-professional.
4) True, he was enjoying a private few days, granted. BUT, first of all, the local bystanders didn't necessarily realize this.
5)Also, I have worked for a couple of multinationals and traveled a lot <for> work, on the employer's dime. But on NO occasion was it ok for me to, after a gruelling business trip that would take me to many countries in as many days, on no occasion was it allowed to glue a vacation onto that trip <AT THE EXPENSE OF THE EMPLOYER>. Alexander is doing that, though: he is enjoying these three private vacation days on the dime of the Netherlands, his de facto employer. Where in the corporate, or otherwise NORMAL working world do we workers have this privilege? And if he thinks this is normal, to get a vacation paid for by the Dutch tax payer, then he should ALSO have the courtesy to AT LEAST be courtous to his hosts there, the local New Zealanders, some of whom were waiting outside of this hotel and were exposed to his snappyness, to the point where they shouted at his departing car: "Please don't come back". Well, is this what Alex had in mind to achieve when he went on this trip to strenghten relationships overseas? Didn't think so either.

And sure, I don't begrudge the P of Orange his privacy & not bothered by accompanied reporters: but at home, at the Horsten, you can't be snappy to locals while on a trip paid for by the Netherlands TO PROMOTE the Netherlands. That is just unprofessional and while I totally understand it from a human perspective, it is not acceptable I think in the context of what he is trying to achieve with this trip.

I guess I should have known better: I aplauded this prince all along the way of this trip, giving him the benefit of some doubts I still have about him because of his attitude sometimes.

And this proves to me he's not ready for the throne, after all.

Sure, what he did may be human, but again, folks, this wouldn't have happened to Beatrix. This wouldn't have happened to Elizabeth of England. This wouldn't have come out of the mouth of Harald of Norway. Or King Juan Carlos and Sophia.

All professional monarchs who, when on duty, understand what that means. Your on a trip promoting your country? You are on duty 24/7, so that means, no snappy remarks at people. If this is so hard for you, Alex, then you are either not ready for the throne or you may well never be ready. This is one of those instances that tell me his mother would be wise staying on for quite some time to come. I'm disappointed, folks. Very disappointed. But not surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom