Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima listen to an Aboriginal elder during a visit to the Mutitjula Water hole on the second day of their 13 day tour of Australia and New Zealand, on October 24, 2006 in Uluru/Ayers Rock, Australia.

Photos from Polfoto and Getty Images

Last edited:
prinsesbeagle said:
Having her babies this soon is very smart. Everyone knows she'll become Queen within the next five years.

And if you're tired of the babies: well, all you got to do is stop looking. It's a choice.

I think she looks fine. I'm glad she's not a fashionpuppet who allways looks perfect. There's no way I could indentify myself, or feel connected in anyway, with someone that allwas looks like she came directly from a photoshoot. She would look 'cold' to me if she did that.
I agree with you and she has the right to have her babies when she wants,her children are more important than how she looks.

prinsesbeagle said:
Having her babies this soon is very smart. Everyone knows she'll become Queen within the next five years.
quote]

If you look at Queen Beatrix she did pretty much the same thing with her boys -- had them in rapid succession. I think it's smart for the same reason Prinsesbeagle does, Beatrix isn't going to be Queen for all that much longer and M and W-A ought to get their family off to a solid start before they take over the helm. In addition, this couple is not young -- 35 and almost 40 -- they need to get things moving. Plus, if you've got nannies at your disposal, having that many kids doesn't make life quite so hectic and there is alot more you can do with kids who are all close in age as opposed to spread out. I also think Maxima is one bright girl who is interested in more than being a mom -- I'm sure she enjoys the substantive work she does also and probably wants the childbearing behind her. She certainly looks tired and bloated throughout all her pregnancies -- like she does not have an easy time of it. As loving a mother as she is, she strikes me as the kind of woman who does better with older children. Just my opinion.

With the exception of that brown outfit the first day....I think Maxima has looked great! So what if she continues to wear her hair out (and it looks stringy to some members) or her makeup is not perfect. Maxima despite the so called glamour of being a princess, a clothing budget that I would DIE FOR :), and married to the man of her dreams is like most of us. TOO MUCH TOO DO IN TOO LITTLE TIME. Goodness knows if she had bought a make up artists, a hairstylist, etc. on this trip..we would hear people complaining about the extra extravagance and why can't she do those things herself. Remember Camilla and her first official trip abroad? Just my opinion of course.

Have you noticed that on certain pix her hair is in a ponytail and then loose ?
Funny that !

prinsesbeagle said:

And if you're tired of the babies: well, all you got to do is stop looking. It's a choice.

I think she looks fine. I'm glad she's not a fashionpuppet who allways looks perfect. There's no way I could indentify myself, or feel connected in anyway, with someone that allwas looks like she came directly from a photoshoot. She would look 'cold' to me if she did that.

Yeah, I agree with you.

I liked her grey dress, very regal and proper. The colour suits her perfectly, the same I can't say about the brown outfit. I like to see Máxima with strong colours like Red or Fucshia.

Being tired or not, Máxima never looses her identity: she is always kind, nice, hard working and sensitive.

CANBERRA, Australia Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his pregnant, Argentinean-born wife, Princess Maxima, arrived in the capital Monday to start a 6-day tour of Australia.

Maxima was looking forward to seeing the Australian beaches, she said at a lunch in Parliament House to government lawmakers and Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile, who is acting as prime minister while John Howard is out of the country
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/23/asia/AS_GEN_Australia_Netherlands_Royals.php

wow 6days, it's a bit long for the two little royals specially Alexia:ermm:

Last edited:
the open air dinner tonight was cancelled because of the rain, and there should be a photo session as well

prinsesbeagle said:
Oh really? And your source is?

prinsesbeagle said:

Looking isn't my point. I was just saying that her work & what she has to say is, to me, infinitely more interesting than her personal life. To each his own.

rosana said:
I agree with you and she has the right to have her babies when she wants,her children are more important than how she looks.
I didn't say she didn't have the <right>, lord forbid. And I didn't mention the babies in conjunction with her looks <at all>. I said her work & how she's filling various roles work-wise is very impressive and I'd like to see more of that. You obviously didn't bother to read my comment.:neutral:

That's why I don't support the idea of having babies one after the other;) as most people do to feel all the pain at ones,let them grow all together...but it's just so exzausting for the human body:wacko:

princess olga said:
I didn't say she didn't have the <right>, lord forbid. And I didn't mention the babies in conjunction with her looks <at all>. I said her work & how she's filling various roles work-wise is very impressive and I'd like to see more of that. You obviously didn't bother to read my comment.:neutral:
Yes i bothered to read your post,not that i enjoyed it btw, due to the ironic and disrespectful comments about the anti-conception, as if she is not clever enough,or as if she´s going to have her eighth child.

sorry

Princess Olga, both the Queen's mother and grandmother abdicated about the age of 70. It seems very very likely that the presentday Queen will do the same. I don't even think it would even be accepted by the general public here in Holland if she stayed on beyond 75. People here don't want a situation as in the UK, where the heir to the throne is allmost 60 and the ruling monarch 80+. The Queen will know this. Besides, I think a few years from now she will want her rest and be able to spend a few years where she can give all her time to charities and her grandchildren and hobbies etc.

And yes, I do think it's smart to have her children with little time in between. It's the way lots of careerwomen chose to have their children here.

HOBART, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 25: His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange (2nd R) and Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of The Netherlands (3rd L) arrive at Hobart Airport on the third day of their 13 day tour of Australia and New Zealand, on October 25, 2006 in Hobart, Australia.
Getty Images
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

prinsesbeagle said:
Princess Olga, both the Queen's mother and grandmother abdicated about the age of 70. It seems very very likely that the presentday Queen will do the same. I don't even think it would even be accepted by the general public here in Holland if she stayed on beyond 75. People here don't want a situation as in the UK, where the heir to the throne is allmost 60 and the ruling monarch 80+. The Queen will know this. Besides, I think a few years from now she will want her rest and be able to spend a few years where she can give all her time to charities and her grandchildren and hobbies etc.
And yes, I do think it's smart to have her children with little time in between. It's the way lots of careerwomen chose to have their children here.

Wow, great post, prinsesbeagle, exactly how I thought about the Dutch succession . I completely agree with you. Anyway time will show what will happen. Everyone has children when they want and they feel the moment and, of course for us, commoners, when we can afford that. Unless, of course, there is some problem with that (such as queen Fabiola...I really feel sorry for her, I think she would have been a great mother). About Maxima's style..I think she looks great whatever she wears, she has a great sense, even if she wears sometimes strange and funny clothes, she still looks great, in my opinon. Anyway I would love to be able to wear everything so well, even very "special" outfits. :)

prinsesbeagle said:
I don't even think it would even be accepted by the general public here in Holland if she stayed on beyond 75. People here don't want a situation as in the UK, where the heir to the throne is allmost 60 and the ruling monarch 80+.

Ugh...?
Isn't it official government policy to encourage people to work longer and longer?
:flowers:

I don't think it is a question of 'acceptance'. In France M. Chirac is 74 now. His predecessor M. Mitterrand was 80 when he ended his presidency. King Albert II of the Belgians is 74 now and Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg abdicated at the age of 79.

As long as Queen Beatrix is doing her job, in the perfectionistic way we know from her, she will remain our Sovereign. It is in fact her very only privilege (without ministerial interference) to decide she reigns until her death or if she wants to abdicate, and when.
:flowers:

Willen-Alexander and Maxima attend a reception at the Henry Jones Art Hotel with members of the Dutch community on the third day of their 13 day tour of Australia and New Zealand on October 25, 2006 in Hobart, Australia.

Photo by Kristian Dowling/Getty Images

More photos from 25 October 2006. What is on Maxima's hair? A new hat:rolleyes: ?

Photos from ANP Photo

Maxima looks great, bar that thing on her head! What is it??? It looks like one of those wrap-around weeds we have in our garden growing over the fence....

Her coat is gorgeous, she's worn it before. It looked much better the first time, when she actually wore a hat. Each to his own I suppose...

Thanks for the pics everyone!

HOBART, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 25: (L-R) William Cox, Governor of Tasmania, Her Royal Highness Maxima of The Netherlands, Jocelyn Cox, wife of William Cox and His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange pose before a State Dinner at Government House on the third day of their 13 day tour of Australia and New Zealand on October 25, 2006 in Hobart, Australia.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72258137.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F4700505A3EEA70174162B4A1F0051B7DCEC1

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=72258231&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=72258226&cdi=0

Maxima seems to have the most stunning evening dresses,she always looks fantasticin them!

Great dress indeed (from an Argentinian designer maybe?), though I can't understand why she -or any royal- would use custom made jewelry while she has so many diamonds and pearls at her disposal. A pity she is wrapped up again & we do not get to see her without the stole (during the diner probably). Her hair and make-up seem wonderfull.

Ok I love Maxima, let me state that clearly.

But this was just not her best fashion days. We all have those. I love the outfit, but WHY???? does she have an octopus on her head? And not to revive the hair discussion, but the hair that this "hat" required was not attractive to me. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom