The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand; Oct. 23-Nov. 4, 2006

Prince of Oranje and Princess Máxima naar Australia (23 - 28 october 2006) en New-Zealand (31 october - 4 november 2006)

HRH The Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Maxima will pay an official visit to Australia from 23 untill 28 of october 2006. They were invited by HE Governor-General Michael Jeffery in order to celebrate 400 years of bilateral contacts between the countries. The couple will visit Canberra, Uluru, Tasmania and Sydney.

THe couple will pay an official visit to New-Zealand from 31 october till 4 november. They were invited by HE Govenor-General Anand Satayan and and will visit Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Auckland

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16459

-
Please post any information, articles, and pictures here.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, this is very exciting. I hope there will be an opportunity for me to see them. Does anyone know when they might release an itinerary of their schedule? I'm sure it will be posted here when it's released.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The royal house website will release an exact sheduele for sure, but not to long before the visit, I think. Considering how they ordered the message I think Sydney will be visited last (in Australia), so the 28th and maybe the 27th to...
I hope you will be able to spot them somewhere, Danielle. Make sure you have your camera with you.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:04 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Program Outline of the Visit

A program outline of the visit to Australia & New Zealand was posted yesterday on koninklijkhuis.nl

It is devided up by day, and does not give exact times or anything, like I already said, it is a program outline of the visit

AUSTRALIA

Monday October 23 (Canberra):
  • Arrival at the military part of the Canberra airport
  • Visit to the Australian War Memorial and a visit to the recollections gallery and museum
  • Reception of the Dutch Communitees in Canberra
  • Official dinner at Government House, offered by the Governor-General
Tuesday October 24 (Canberra/Uluru):
  • Visit to the Australian Insititute of Sport (AIS)
  • Attendance at a discussion over the relations between Australia and South-East Asia/Indonesia at the Australian National University
  • Visit to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre
  • Dinner in the open air, and conversation with experts and inhabitants about life in the outback
Wednesday October 25 (Hobart):
  • Lunch with the Governor of Tasmania
  • Visit to the exhibition 'Antartica: Islands to Ice' at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
  • Reception of the Dutch Communitees in Tasmania
  • Official dinner at Government House, offered by the Governor of Tasmania
Thursday October 26 (Tasmania):
  • Visit to the Tahunae Forest Airwalk, before a walk between the tree tops of the moderate rainforest
  • Sphere flight over the World Heritage Wilderness Area in South-West Tasmania
  • Visit to Port Arthur
Friday October 27 (Sydney):
  • Sailing trip
  • Conversation with the Promising Young Australians
  • Attendance at a discussion over integration with administors, co-workers and immigrants
  • Official dinner offered by the Governor of New South Wales
  • The end of the 400-year bilateral celebrations at the Sydney Opera House, with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra lead by Jaap of Sweden
Saturday October 28 (Sydney):
  • Breakfast with the CEO of Dutch and the Netherlands related commitments, during a round-trip through Sydney Harbour
  • Visit to the Aboriginal Art Project in the Art Gallery
  • Reception of the Dutch Communitees in New South Wales
Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Program Outline of the Vist Part 2

Program Outline continued...

NEW ZEALAND

October 31 (Wellington):
  • Arrival at the military part of the Wellington Internationl Airport
  • Visit to the Parliament House
  • Welcoming Ceremony at Government House (with a Guard of Honour and Maori welcome)
  • Meeting with the Governor-General of New Zealand
  • Visit to the National War Memorial
  • Visit to the Te Papa Tongarewa Museum (Maori culture)
  • Official dinner, offered by the Governor-General of New Zealand
November 1 (Nelson/Wellington):
  • Visit to the Medieval Tasman National Park
  • Visit to the wine producer, Woollaston Estates
  • Visit to the Cawthorn Laboratory
  • Visit to the Medieval Tasman Statue
  • Visit to the Museum of Collectable Cars
  • Reception of Dutch Communitees in Wellington
November 2 (Christchurch):
  • Visit to the Antartic Centre
  • Attendance at a discussion about relations between New Zealand and Europe at the University of Canterbury
  • Attendance at a rugby match between New Zealand and Dutch children
  • Reception of Dutch Communitees in Christchurch
November 3 (Auckland):
  • Attendance at a discussion between the Department of Labour and the Refugee Migration Service over the new New Zealand migration administration
  • Visit to Selwyn College, a multicultural secondary school
  • Lunch with the CEO of Dutch and the Netherlands Relations
  • Visit to the Designer Textiles Ltd, the company which makes clothing produced from New Zealand Merino wool
  • Dinner, offered through the government
November 4 (Auckland):
  • Visit at the Dutch elderly person complex, Our Town
  • Reception of Dutch Communitees in Auckland
Old 10-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I am not surprised that they will be visiting Port Arthur while they are in Tasmania, it is a very popular tourist attraction, and pretty much every tourist who goes to Tasmania visits Port Arthur.
I've been to the Tahunae Forest Airwalk, we went there with school last year, and it is very high up in the forest...not my cup of tea.
Hope W-A & Maxima aren't scared of heights!!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Gentry

New Zealand Schedule

Is there an error on the dates for New Zealand? October 2rd.......??
Are the two little darling girls going too? thanks
Old 10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Nobility

The two little girls will not come. In the interview given in last summer in Italy, a journalist asked if they would come. Maxima told them that if they where comming, it would be more a 'satisfaction' for them as parents. But the girls would not have anything to it. Because it would be going from the hotel to another.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks everyone for the update. Wow, almost 2 weeks w/ out seeing the 2 Princesses, will probaly be hard on WA and Maxima.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88
The two little girls will not come. In the interview given in last summer in Italy, a journalist asked if they would come. Maxima told them that if they where comming, it would be more a 'satisfaction' for them as parents. But the girls would not have anything to it. Because it would be going from the hotel to another.
yeah but Amalia and Alexia not join with parents while on their trips but im sure the nanny will stay with the girls or Maxima's parents im not sure!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why they are not going to Melbourne. I think they would enjoy it there. I hope they enjoy themselves in Australia and New Zealand.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

thankss for the information !!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

i cant wait what Maxima wores for gala evening dress she wores and daytimes dresses in australia and new zealand
Old 10-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Saturday October 28 (Sydney):
Visit to the Aboriginal Art Project in the Art Gallery
Thanks for posting the information. I think the best way for me to see them will be then. Of all the Royal visits here, I think will be the best ever opportunity. I'm always there and have a few 'contacts'. But, and this is pretty 'trivial', what would I do if I actually saw them? Sure, it's nice to imagine meeting them, but if I really saw them I would be too scared to greet them, and there would be heaps of cameras. We're not used to royalty here and I wouldn't want to come off disrespectful. Maybe I could get a little gift for the new baby and the girls. I don't think a lot of people are going to know they're coming. Another story if it was CP Mary.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I wonder why they are not going to Melbourne. I think they would enjoy it there. I hope they enjoy themselves in Australia and New Zealand.
Oh but they will be in Melbourne for the weekend,IIRC,ahead of the official start in Canberra.Just to take a rest and getting adjusted to the different time/climate.And then on monday morning they'll fly to Canberra by KBX.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is an article about the Dutch visit as well as the Danish visit and pregnancy(?) It talks about Maxima and WA towards the middle. Apparently some people are getting mixed up with the Dutch and Danish royal families.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20560795-2,00.html
Old 10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

It's great they're going to Australia and New Zealand. I think Maxima is going to have a hard time leaving her girls behind in Holland. She's going to miss those cuties
Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Majesty

The PoO and Princess Máxima have left for "Oz" earlyer today and they're expected to arrive there tomorrow for a short private visit ahead of the start of the official visit on monday.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm really looking forward to this visit. it's always a pleasure for me to see willem and maxima.

i loved port arthur by the photos i saw when frederik and mary went there. will be lovely to see willem and maxima there!

i must say i was impressed by the schedule, seems like a lot for a pregnant woman! not to mention that she has already been in quite a lot of activities this week...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't waite to see photos from Australia and New Zeland
I hope that everything will be great, Maxi, WA, weather...