Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grown evening gown was wonderful, it made up for the earlier arrival outfit.

Maxi looks really elegant - specialy gown:wub: I can't waite for more.

Be honest on TV her brown outfit looks better on tv than on these photos. Probably becouse o the lights.

Last edited:
I love Maxima's evening dress, but not with the wrap

Stole

The stole is a necessary outfit to complete a gala gown with bare shoulders or arms.

When seated, the stole is draped over the chair or the legs, but when walking in draughty halls, galleries, during the passage or walking to the car, a stole really is necessary, especially for pregnant ladies.
:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures everyone!

WA looks handsome and awake and jovial. As for Maxima, she needs to start understanding that that stringy hair look of hers is starting to get old. Not only that, her face is starting to look her age and while that is absolutely fine, she should have a more dignified hairdo to go with her role as a princess and with her age. She should look to Mathilde for pointers. Or, if she is insistant on keeping her long hair, she should look to Mary or Mette Marit for ideas. Again, she should realize she's not a surfer girl on the beach or a twenty something single in New York anymore. That stringy loose hair of hers just doesn't suit her anymore. If it did, I'd be the first to say! It makes her look even older and again, just doesn't suit her anymore.

That stringy loose hair of hers just doesn't suit her anymore. If it did, I'd be the first to say! It makes her look even older and again, just doesn't suit her anymore.

Ouch!!! Aren't you being a tad to harsh?

CP Maxima looks so lovely on brown outfits and hats look good colours on her and on state dinner Maxima wores blue or gray evening dress gala she looks nice because she very pregnant but she can chose any outfits for her on state trips.

but i cant wait Maxima will attend to CP Mary's hometown im hope so

im sure she will getting more outfits what she wores because she is Crown Princess

linda85 said:
That stringy loose hair of hers just doesn't suit her anymore. If it did, I'd be the first to say! It makes her look even older and again, just doesn't suit her anymore.

Ouch!!! Aren't you being a tad to harsh?

Thing is, there is loose hair and loose hair. If it's neatly done the way Mathilde does it, for example, or Mette Marit, then, definitely, thumbs up. But Maxima's hair can look so wild it resembles the 'do of a Neanderthal. Harsh? She represents my mother land, so I'd like my e cents in, too, hehe. And you know what? Dutch women really are very stylish when it comes to their hairdo's, they often have very stylish, shorter hairdo's. Why can't Maxima take a page from her adopted country-women?

nope

Dutch women aren't exactly stylish with their hair (and I'm dutch so I guess I can say that ;) ). I've seen Maxima's hair look better, but it's still better than most dutch women have it.

mmm.... I don´t like much her gala dress... I had seen more beautiful by Valentino.... It´s a Valentino???.. but the brown dress I love!!! so beautiful...

pretoriana18 said:
mmm.... I don´t like much her gala dress... I had seen more beautiful by Valentino.... It´s a Valentino???.. but the brown dress I love!!! so beautiful...

No idea.
Carolina Herrera?
Paco Rabanne?
Valentino?
Azzedine Alaïa?
Natan?

The Dutch Court seldom or never informs about the origins of the Princess' garderobe.

Henri M. said:
No idea.
Carolina Herrera?
Paco Rabanne?
Valentino?
Azzedine Alaïa?
Natan?

The Dutch Court seldom or never informs about the origins of the Princess' garderobe.

Its not a valentino.The bead work on the top of the dress does not look like his work. I would guess its a Natan dress

Last edited:
Am I alone thinking this pregnancy doesn't seem easy on Maxima? she is trying her best to look cheerful but the heavy make-up on her face says it all to me: it reminds me of the day at Prinsjesdag in September 2003, when she was pregnant with Amalia. Dressed in a floor length pink outfit that day, she also wore heavy heavy make up on that occasion. As if to compensate for the fact that she wasn't feeling well and trying to hide that. Same with these Australia pictures: heavy make-up attempting to mask a tired-looking Maxima. I'd never thought I'd say this, but Alexander looked way more handsome than his wife! That's a first, to me. Again, kudo's to Maxima for putting in the long hours, but all the same, she should try to take a catnap now and then if at all possible between engagements! :)

aDont forget the jetlag, it takes for certain persons several days to overcome

ya she meight be tired, it's a long trip, but I think she does wear heavy make-up most of the time,specially when she travels overseas:kiss:

Well, the evening dress most certainly makes up for the earlier brown outfit. Do the hat and coat have sequences on it? I think it was a bit over the top.

Ennyllorac said:
Well, the evening dress most certainly makes up for the earlier brown outfit. Do the hat and coat have sequences on it? I think it was a bit over the top.

Yes it both did. I thought it was abit over the top for a day time event, also the coat and hat were the same (color and beads) it wasnt a good mix though it was a set. a close up, posted by Mandyy earlier http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7zx9.jpg

Please bear in mind that pregnancy can wreak havoc on hair, body and complexion. And Maxima has been pregnant now 3 times in 3.5 years. Lets give her a break please.

The brown hat thing looked awful and I don't think the gala dress was much better.

princess olga said:
Am I alone thinking this pregnancy doesn't seem easy on Maxima? she is trying her best to look cheerful but the heavy make-up on her face says it all to me: it reminds me of the day at Prinsjesdag in September 2003, when she was pregnant with Amalia. Dressed in a floor length pink outfit that day, she also wore heavy heavy make up on that occasion. As if to compensate for the fact that she wasn't feeling well and trying to hide that. Same with these Australia pictures: heavy make-up attempting to mask a tired-looking Maxima. I'd never thought I'd say this, but Alexander looked way more handsome than his wife! That's a first, to me. Again, kudo's to Maxima for putting in the long hours, but all the same, she should try to take a catnap now and then if at all possible between engagements! :)
I agree with you princess olga, Maxima does look tired and yes Alexander looks much better than her;)

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of The Netherlands tour the Australian Institute of Sports Biomechanics Laboratory on the second day of their 13 day tour of Australia and New Zealand, on October 24, 2006 in Canberra, Australia.
Getty Images

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Empress said:
Please bear in mind that pregnancy can wreak havoc on hair, body and complexion. And Maxima has been pregnant now 3 times in 3.5 years. Lets give her a break please.
We're giving her a break. Even before all these pregnancies, I had the exact same opinion about her hair I must admit.:flowers: And the make-up..perhaps she doesn't bring stylists with her on these trips and tries her own hand at applying makeup?

Anyhow, 3 pregnancies in 3 years, my goodness, what is she trying to achieve, channel Queen Victoria?!:lol:
I'm no doctor and sure sure, pregnancies is what nature intended, but pumping out babies as if we're still in Maria Theresia's Vienna can't be exactly healthy either.
is Maxima really this altruistic? Or is it competitiveness? What with all these sisters/cousings-in-law doing their best to up the Dutch birthing statistics?

Maxima, on the off off off off chance you will read this, do yourself a favor and look up the word 'anti-conception' in the dictionary after the third one's arrived. And no, don't worry about the pope, he won't have to find out! (no offense to catholics either, I'm one myself, albeit only nominally currently). In recent months I've become very impressed with what she is doing regarding for example the Microcredit efforts, and it's not so much even <what> she is doing but maybe more so <how> she makes an effort that seems sincere and informed and not without vision.

You Forum members may not like my saying this but I'll say it anyway. I've had it with the Oranje babies. Just now that I have started to appreciate what Maxima can do for her country, if not the world, she gets pregnant again.

Mind you all, Maxima, as I have come to see it, is so much more interesting in terms of her work than even as a mother. She really is a person with a lot of sophisticated vision, of whom there seem to not be so many in the world. Her kids and all, that's in my opinion not even coming close as how interesting Maxima is starting to be as a working ambassador-at-large. I mean, I understand the kid thing, but I can't wait until she's back in post-kid form.

Just my opinion of course.:)

sorry

Having her babies this soon is very smart. Everyone knows she'll become Queen within the next five years.

And if you're tired of the babies: well, all you got to do is stop looking. It's a choice.

I think she looks fine. I'm glad she's not a fashionpuppet who allways looks perfect. There's no way I could indentify myself, or feel connected in anyway, with someone that allwas looks like she came directly from a photoshoot. She would look 'cold' to me if she did that.

I love Maxima's coat!! It's very nice, especially the colour! Let's hope for more outfits like this, and less outfits like the arrival outfit

W-A & Maxima's signatures in the guest book which they signed at Parliament House last night during the gala dinner

Source: ANP

Canberra, Australia 24.10.2006

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima tour the Australian Institute of Sports Recovery Centre on the second day.

Photos from GettyImages

The Princess has warn the red coat a couple of times, but I think it is a gorgeous one.

:flowers:

Wow, Maxima is very beautiful with this outfit.
I like a lot how she is passing this pregnancy...maybe it's because it's a boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom