Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrianna said:
Thank you for the video link Henri M. I don't understand how Maxima's hair can look so elegant in evening appearances and not during day events. If the ends were trimmed, that would be an improvement. I agree with you Henri that she can wear a elegant outfit, but her unruly hair takes away from the professional appearance.:sad:

Here you see the spouse to the future King of the Netherlands.
And see how the hofdame in black and white is dressed behind her?

Good heavens.

That hofdame was 10 times better dressed than the lady who is in the footsteps of Charlotte de Bourbon-Montpensier, Mary Stuart,
Anne of Hannover or Anna Paulovna Romanovna....

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Picture: seegerpress.de

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00170137.jpg

Last edited:
Henri, I think you are taking this a little to far. It isn't as if the Princess murdered somebody or anything. She just wears her hair in a style that you (and I) do not find appropriate for a princess which IMO does not disqualify her for becoming a Queen. There are other qualities, much more important, that she certainly has.
I would like to add that the most Dutch persons does not give a hoot whether Maxima wears her hair down, up or shaves it of.

Watching the EO yesterday actually showed me that Maxima was at ease with the camera, gave good & intelligent awnsers and showed charisma, as did Wilem-Alexander (though nature awarded him with less charisma then his electrifying wife).

I agree Marengo, some mistakes that´s all, she has to change her clothes so many times.Of the Orange princesses she´s the most exposed to critizism.I don´t understand why such a scandal with her hair, it´s long and moves with the wind,that´s all.

rosana said:
I don´t understand why such a scandal with her hair, it´s long and moves with the wind,that´s all.

She is not next-door-Annie but The Princess of Orange.

I measure her with the highest standards, even higher than I would measure a first lady or so.
I expect elegance, raffinement, style and true class from a lady who will reside in palaces and who sees the portraits of her great predecessors like Claudia de Châlon d'Arlay, Anne de Lorraine et Bar or Eleonore de Bourbon-Condé.

I do not expect her to dress in velvet robes, wear 300 pearls on her bodice or eat from golden plates.
But please.... may we expect something?

:sad:

Last edited:
In fairness, Henri, when you see future portraits of Maxima she also will look refined, elegant, etc. -- those portraits are all idealized and are a single example of what a person looked like, as opposed to the constant glare of the media royals are exposed to today. Maxima's hair has its good and bad days, but some of those women had rotten or no teeth, smelled and their portraits had the medieval equivalent of airbrushing. Let's not be too harsh.

They enjoyed it, but I'm sure Maxima is glad finally it's all over so she can rest and check on her little daughters;)

So Maxima's hair wasn't 100% perfect. She's human. She is not a robot, mannequin or doll. The wind will blow, her hair will move and she will be photographed with her hair looking less than spectacular. I'm sure when she was indoors and the wind wasn't knocking her hair around, she looked just fine. I think every single person here has spent time making their hair look just right, only to have some gust a wind put a damper on that.

It's not that big of a deal.

How is it that you never have seen a young Princess Beatrix or a youg Princess Margaret or a young Princess Gracia looking this miserable as the not so young anymore Princess Máxima?

No really, she needs to go back to the Princesses' School.

:ermm:

Miserable was very strong,i didn´t like it at all,and for a simple hairdo. Those princesses had shorter hair, and maybe Maxima can´t stand spending hours and hours in front of the mirror getting her hair fixed.

I think we should give Maxima some credit, she has just finnished her longest forreign trip since her marriage with lots of plane and hellicopter trips and she has done it in the uncomfterble beginning of her pregancy where it is not easy to dress, you tend to look fat instead of pregnant because the bump is not yet big enough for regular pregnancy wear and she seemed to not have been feeling her very best. The hair and makeup however was terrible and should have been fixed by her hairdresser/makeup person. She could have stayed home and put her feet up but she made a big effort and went on the trip which IMO is more important and speakes for her character, than messy hair and bad makeup.

Strangely I notice the same thing with Maxima as with Mette-Marit, they both always looks better and more put together when they are with their mothers in law:lol:

Henri M. said:
How is it that you never have seen a young Princess Beatrix or a youg Princess Margaret or a young Princess Gracia looking this miserable as the not so young anymore Princess Máxima?

No really, she needs to go back to the Princesses' School.

:ermm:

I wasn't aware that Maxima is old. She's in her early to mid 30s, I believe. She's not old. You're making her sound like she's in her 60s.

And I am more than sure that in their days, Beatrix, Margaret and Grace all had times when they didn't look 100%. No one can look 100% all the time. That's impossible. That's asking for something that cannot be achieved. She's pregnant, she was probably not feeling well [morning sickness] and her hair looked bad. She hardly needs to go to school to learn to be a Princess. The wind blew her hair around and coupled with that ridiculous looking hat, she wasn't picture-perfect. That happens. It doesn't mean something's wrong with her.

Marengo said:
Henri, I think you are taking this a little to far. It isn't as if the Princess murdered somebody or anything. She just wears her hair in a style that you (and I) do not find appropriate for a princess which IMO does not disqualify her for becoming a Queen. There are other qualities, much more important, that she certainly has.
I would like to add that the most Dutch persons does not give a hoot whether Maxima wears her hair down, up or shaves it of.
After watching the EO interview with the pair, I'm realizing why that is. The Dutch couldn't give a fig about Maxima's hair, because they get more exposed to what she has to say, to the content of her message.

Marengo said:
Watching the EO yesterday actually showed me that Maxima was at ease with the camera, gave good & intelligent awnsers and showed charisma, as did Wilem-Alexander (though nature awarded him with less charisma then his electrifying wife).
I was very impressed by this interview. For one, Maxima's diplomatic answers made me forget to look at her terrible hairdo. And second, her husband more than made up for that stupid comment of his in NZ: his answers were so intelligent, and seemingly from the heart, and, most important perhaps, it was crystal clear that here was someone who had done his homework and then some, I was very impressed. His charisma is good, too: he has a beautiful voice, and again, seemed genuine. If he can keep this up and not be cranky to some paparazzi, I would agree with the consensus here that this man is ready for the throne. Not only that, he'd do a great job at it to boot! Kudo's!

With all due respect to Queen Beatrix...I am sure she has or had enough hairspray in hair...that no gust of wind will blow one hair out of place!

I think Maxima did a marvelous job on this trip (as did Alexander). We all have good and bad hair days.....if she was perfect all the time...we would hear robot comments. She is a woman of her time....too much too do and too little time. She doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Zonk said:
With all due respect to Queen Beatrix...I am sure she has or had enough hairspray in hair...that no gust of wind will blow one hair out of place!

She even shouldn't wear a hat, becouse her hair are too resistant for wind:ROFLMAO:

Very nice recount of their 13 day trip. Thanks for the video!

Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands Cancels Royal Duties In Tasmania

October 27, 2006 10:21 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter
Hobart, Tasmania (BANG) - Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands was forced to pull out of official engagements in Tasmania on Thursday. Although the reason is unknown, the princess' cancellation has sparked health concerns.
Maxima's husband, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, toured the Australian island alone while his spouse, who is about four months pregnant with their third child, "rested" according to her bodyguards. full article & design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom