Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i can just put my two cents worth in.... that black flowery hat of hers is hideous. And also, sorry to hark on about it, but his rather rude "that's private " comment has won him no friends over here, especially since it was reported in the newspaper :ermm: . Really all he had to do on this journey was be polite, can't he even manage that??

samgee said:
if i can just put my two cents worth in.... that black flowery hat of hers is hideous. And also, sorry to hark on about it, but his rather rude "that's private " comment has won him no friends over here, especially since it was reported in the newspaper :ermm: . Really all he had to do on this journey was be polite, can't he even manage that??
According the prince it was only a joke. Officials of The Netherlands and New Zealand told the reporter already he would not get an answer, because they had a short vacation and no officials duties in Queenstown. So it should not be a surprise for the reporter that he did not get an answer. The prince was polite during the whole visit :stuart:

Last edited:
samgee said:

The privacy of the Prince and especially his family has always been and will always remain a very difficult point for the Prince. I do not know where it came from, maybe from his parents and his grandmother, but the Prince's dislike for press disturbing his private lifesphere is exemplaric. Everybody has lost the count with the number of lawsuits he has started against media (always using the ruling Germany vs Caroline de Monaco as jurisprudence) and with success. And he succesfully imposed a 'media code' to regulate the overwhelming press attention, especially for his wife and his daughters.

The strange thing is: at the same time the Prince is the most easygoing and accessible Orange of all! But is he feels he has to do 'tricks on command' something stubborn crawls in him. Maybe he knows very well it will backfire, but he simply can not resist it.

But in essence, whát did he say? "That is none of your business. It is private." Let us not do like he has grossly insulted someone with shameful strong language and cursings. He refused to co-operate. And the New-Zealand journalist, probably used to celebrities who are always willing to smile and to pose was shocked.

:flowers:

Assertive guy, that Prince! :cool:

Last edited:
Well, although there are certainly much larger issues in the world to be sorted out, I still think that WA could have just acted like he didn't hear the guy or something since he didn't want to answer him.

My two cents -- all of it is very minor thing, but imo saying now that it was a 'joke' is a little bit awkward way of trying to smooth it over. He's assertive,sure, yes, ok then, no problem; he shouldn't try to 'backpeddle' it even a little, just stay with the original comment. Again, that's my own comment on it and probably worth 2 cents or less. :wacko:

I think all of them will get over it.

I read the impressive list of the entourage but i find it hard to belive there actually is a hairdresser in there, if it he or she should be fired, her hair has looked consistanlt messy for every event except the galas

Larzen said:
I read the impressive list of the entourage but i find it hard to belive there actually is a hairdresser in there, if it he or she should be fired, her hair has looked consistanlt messy for every event except the galas

The coiffeuse c.q. beautician is submissive to Her Royal Highness' wishes. I'm sure she would have advised the Princess to wear her hair 'up', but when she requests her to let it loose, tja.... there is not so much the coiffeuse can do.

Her_Majesty said:
Oh no! What's wrong with her during this trip? :lol: Normally I love her choice of Hats, but those hats are really much tooo extravagant!:ermm:

The hat is beautiful.

But she wears it horribly, with those loose bleached dead and dried 'hair' blowing in her face. Prince Willem-Alexander should forbid his spouse to wear her hair loose!

This was without any doubt the worst two weeks (fashionwise) of Princess Máxima.

Last edited:
Royals help with Netherlands links
Nov 4, 2006

The visit by senior members of the Dutch royal family this week has helped put fresh impetus into New Zealand with the Netherlands.

full article & source

Henri M. said:
This was without any doubt the worst two weeks (fashionwise) of Princess Máxima.

I'd have to agree, but im going to give credit for the gala wear gowns also for her hair and make-up.

same dress worn to New Zealand but in different colors.

Orange dress
grey dress

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that hat, but it would look better with some hairdo

The hat looks like the hat of Camilla parker when she married to Prince Charles

i watch youtube of CP couples WA and Maxima in New Zealand but you can watch video clips its so amazing and WA talking to children

Alexander & Maxima in Wellington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqiO3roUfwE

but i trying find video clips of CP couples in Australia but no find yet on youtube and you can find of youtube

Sister Morphine said:
Oh wow. That hat is just not working for me. It looks like cotton candy was just piled up on top of her head. It's not flattering, it's not pretty.....it's a mess. Ick.

The hat was okay.
The Princess' shameful 'coiffure' was absolutely not okay.

The most wonderful hat made by the best milliner still will not work when your hair is a ruïned mess.
Máxima should be ashamed that she, The Princess of Orange, looks like a grocery seller on the local market!

Bah.

:ermm:

Last edited:
Maxima looks great during these visits. Even this orange hat?? was quite good.:lol:

Last edited:
What´s that horrible thing in her head, certainly not a hat,it seems like a cat has torn it up. Her hair is ok, she can´t live with hair lotion on it.

tundra said:
Thank you. What are they saying in the interview?

How much they liked their stay, that they were looking forward to new-zealand. They also said they learned a lot from this trip and Maxima especially commented on the topic of integration and how the emigrated dutch are doing a wonderfull job in Australia.
The prince said that in NZ they would continue with the same kind of questions, but they expect different awnsers.
They also said it was not true they had contact with their daughters by webcam, but just by phone. The Prince admitted he had difficulties realising that there was a timedifference (I assume he called Huis ten Bosch while his little ladies were already asleep).

The Prince looks good. More and more he is ready for the kingship. His presentation, interaction and the answers in interviews were 10 times better in the interview than that of his spouse, which did disappoint me so very much during these two weeks.

Henri M. said:
The Prince looks good. More and more he is ready for the kingship. His presentation, interaction and the answers in interviews were 10 times better in the interview than that of his spouse, which did disappoint me so very much during these two weeks.
He did look good and if we forget one little slip of the tongue in NZ, we can definitely conclude the prince did a great job. As for his wife, she is pregnant after all, and to me, she looked a bit tired the whole trip, or else, why would she have resorted to wearing sooo much make-up? The trip was a bit long and a bit much for her & her personal situation I think.

Henri M. said:
The hat was okay.
The Princess' shameful 'coiffure' was absolutely not okay.

The most wonderful hat made by the best milliner still will not work when your hair is a ruïned mess.
Máxima should be ashamed that she, The Princess of Orange, looks like a grocery seller on the local market!

Bah.

:ermm:
interestingly, one of the few times her loose-hanging hair looked superb, was when she left that hotel in NZ when her hubby made the "that's private" comment/joke/whatever. Her hair looked amazing then! And to think it was styled by the local hotel's stylist, who , I'm sure, had met Maxima then for the first time! Why couldn't Maxima's other stylist, the one traveling with her, accomplish the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Henri M. said:

Yes indeed:neutral: The suits were lovely but those "hats":ermm: were terrible, nothing to do with the beautiful ones she wore in Argentina

Thank you for the video link Henri M. I don't understand how Maxima's hair can look so elegant in evening appearances and not during day events. If the ends were trimmed, that would be an improvement. I agree with you Henri that she can wear a elegant outfit, but her unruly hair takes away from the professional appearance.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom