Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - May 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceS

Aristocracy
City
Pacific
Country
U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Of course, I wish many many happy and healthy years for this beautiful family (so please do not read anything into this question -- it is simply curiosity).

If Willem-Alexander abdicates I assume Maxima would revert to being a Princess. However, if he died in office (many years from now), would Maxima be the Dowager Queen?

Or would she still revert to being a princess when her daughter succeeds?

Of course, I wish many many happy and healthy years for this beautiful family (so please do not read anything into this question -- it is simply curiosity).

If Willem-Alexander abdicates I assume Maxima would revert to being a Princess. However, if he died in office (many years from now), would Maxima be the Dowager Queen?

Or would she still revert to being a princess when her daughter succeeds?

She could, theoretically, revert if she wished to (at least, I believe she could), but she wouldn't have to.

The last Queen Consort of the Netherlands was Queen Emma, who went from being Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands (during her husband's reign) to Her Majesty Queen Emma of the Netherlands, The Queen Regent (during her daughter's minority) to Her Majesty Queen Emma of the Netherlands, The Queen Mother (the rest of her life).

Beatrix is not able to remain Queen anything because she was the Queen Regnant, but if Beatrix ceased to be Queen consort because her husband died she would still be a queen, just not the queen.

Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - present)

Welcome to the thread where you can post general news and information about the Dutch king and queen and their daughters​

what a beautiful set of pictures!

i am very much in love with the composition of the picture (what a beautiful room they have, with the window opening into the garden!), with the dog (i didn't know they had one!) and with the lovely matching dresses of the princesses. beautiful! well done to the dutch court for deciding to take this new set.

Pictures:
New Official Photos of King Willem Alexander , Queen Maxima and their daughters:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Very beautiful pictures. I like when the Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish royal release beautiful official pictures like this. It's like you're being invited into they're happy home and welcomed warmly.

I wish the British royals took official pictures like this on a regular bases.

So nice that they release such nice pictures of them in their house. I love the pictures, except the way the famly photo was posed. Don't like the positioning of the King and Queen, their hands and shoulders are akward. Even though it doesn't really matter what the girls wear, they are so adorable, I don't like the dark top with the funny cross or the way they are sitting.

The pictures are lovely! They make a wonderful family. The first time I opened the pictures I didn't even notice the dog!

I wonder if these pictures come instead of the usual summer photo shoot.

the new official photos of King Willem-Alexander and his family are beautiful.... such a very nice royal family :D

Pictures:
New Official Photos of King Willem Alexander , Queen Maxima and their daughters:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Very beautiful pictures. I like when the Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish royal release beautiful official pictures like this. It's like you're being invited into they're happy home and welcomed warmly. I wish the British royals took official pictures like this on a regular bases.

Those are great family photos, thank you for sharing Dman. I love this family, the girls are so pretty. Their palace looks very nice as well, I really like their floor. I also wish the British Royal Family would take and release photos like this.

Last edited:
where do the king and queen live

How is the relationship between King Willem Alexander and his brother Prince Constantijn.
I think the late Prince Friso is terribly missing !

(Since we occasionally like to discuss these things)
Today the plans have been announced on what would happen should P.Amalia become queen before she turns 18. Plan is that her mother Q.Maxima will be regent; should Maxima for whatever reason not be able to do so, P.Constantijn (K.Willem-Alexander's brother) will be the regent.

Let's pray that won't happen but having everything nailed down is essential. I assume it would be similar with Estelle and Victoria and the rest of the families.

The Regency is arranged in case Amalia becomes Queen before the age of 18.Queen Máxima will be Regent and have the authority of her children while a Council will advice her.In the scenario both parents are no longer with us Prince Constantijn will be Regent.The plans have the consent of the Councill of State and are simular to those in force as off 1981.

The settlement has now been send to the States General as a Royal Message.

It is expected to pass both Houses without any ado as was the case in previous arrangements.Hope and pray indeed that a situation as discribed will never occur.The last time a Regent was installed due to the fact the Heir was only 10 was with Queen Wilhelmina in 1890 as King Willem III passed away and her mother,Queen Emma,became Regent.

Who would get custody of the minor children in such a case?

Who would get custody of the minor children in such a case?

Queen Máxima,as I said in my post,they would all be minor children in that scenario,they would all be under the age of 18.With the assistance of a Council,and in the worst case scenario both parents are not availeble it will be Prince Constantijn who will be Regent and has the custody of the children with the assistence of the same Council untill the Princess of Orange turns 18 and ascends the Throne.:)

And as to answer post # 13 by Maria-Olivia,the brothers are very closeknitted,always have been.

Last edited:
I find this the most logical arrangement. Máxima is the only other full time working royal of her generationso the most obvious choice, even if she isn't royal by birth (as some seem to take fault with). The same arrangement was made in the past, with prince Claus as regent. I don't know what was arranged in 1948.

I find this the most logical arrangement. Máxima is the only other full time working royal of her generationso the most obvious choice, even if she isn't royal by birth (as some seem to take fault with). The same arrangement was made in the past, with prince Claus as regent. I don't know what was arranged in 1948.

With Prince Claus,Queen Emma and numerous other Ladies of rank in the House of Orange over the centuries.Máxima is the right and only choice.To see the bickering and nauseating frumpiness on other boards by their local nerds...is toe-curling to say the least and totally out of touch with the workings of our Monarchy and the times,so,ignore them Marengo..."for they do not know"....a thing.....grin...

God forbid that it will ever come to the working of the instrument of appointing a Queen Regent,as the reason will be a more then sad one,but if,then the Regency is in the capable hands of the extraordinary woman we've come to know and with whom we can count our Blessings as for the talents,character,love and dedication with which she warms our society,domestic and abroad.

With Prince Claus,Queen Emma and numerous other Ladies of rank in the House of Orange over the centuries.Máxima is the right and only choice.To see the bickering and nauseating frumpiness on other boards by their local nerds...is toe-curling to say the least and totally out of touch with the workings of our Monarchy and the times,so,ignore them Marengo..."for they do not know"....a thing.....grin...

God forbid that it will ever come to the working of the instrument of appointing a Queen Regent,as the reason will be a more then sad one,but if,then the Regency is in the capable hands of the extraordinary woman we've come to know and with whom we can count our Blessings as for the talents,character,love and dedication with which she warms our society,domestic and abroad.

I completely agree, Maxima is the logical regent in these circumstances. she will be best placed to be acting head of state on behalf of the Queen.

I am the eldest of 3 sisters and we were always dressed alike - even with a 6 year age difference. This is perfectly normal and nothing to be "groaned about". I recall my mother telling me once when I did complain about wearing the same bathers as my younger sisters that it was much easier to find find us on the beach dressed alike.

any news? where they will spend xmas? I had not read from Maxima any news from a while, guess she had been prepearing the xmas with the girls and having some time with them!!!! did they went to see San Nicolas this year?

First..happy & blessed holidays!

Blauw Bloed website has a new DVD collection about the Dutch royal and it seems interesting..I just need someone to translate \ explain to me if the DVD includes English subtitles or not? I'll be so thankful to get a reply :)

and my apology to post my Q here ..here is the link 3DVD-Box Het Royalty Jaar in Beeld

Thank you

Nora

Last edited:
Don't they alternate between Argentina and The Netherlands for Christmas?
If so, they are at home, because they went to Argentina last year.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom