WA, Máxima & Daughters: Summer Holiday in Argentina & Lawsuit against AP: Summer 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the other thing I think they are in the middle of their vacation and to take time to contact their assistance to start a legal issue, sueing and all the it is a little too far to , go and enjoy the holidasy , insted of thinking in a lgal battle with the press!, someone mantion in the forum the press was far away so why did he insult them? just not very good ecample for the kids and i am sure not esay for maxima, i wonder really what she thinks, he might be this persons who two faces, nice on public and with bad character in private! who knows i know some people are like that, any litte thing make them o switch ti a bad character

Well, I think we all have two faces because we tend to react differently when the circumstances change. Máxima didn't have to smile to anyone this time because she's not attending an event. But this exaggerated anger when they are travelling, and the exaggerated laughter when they are working, always confused me.

You could tell in London when he had his tantrum Maxima wanted to crawl under the car seat the way she was trying to hide her face. I was taught at a very early age there is never any reason for rudeness regardless of the situation.

All these situations are confusing. I think the prince and princess knew that cameras were in the sky resort. In some pictures it seems that Máxima is even smiling at them. They had Dutch and Argentian security to look after them, so why didn't the couple tell them to make paparazzis stop taking pictures from them?

In some pictures it seems that Máxima is even smiling at them. They had Dutch and Argentian security to look after them, so why didn't the couple tell them to make paparazzis stop taking pictures from them?

I was wondering exactly the same. Look at this pic http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fagcgNfke1Mr/610x.jpg she seems to be smiling to the photographer. Actually, when I saw it, I tought they were confortable with people taking pics of them.

And you are absolutely right, what about the body guards? they didn't do anything (that's what we know) :flowers:

I don't think their bodyguards are allowed just to push/force paparazzi away, esp.not when they are in private and in another country.

-----------
Nobody says that the AP pictures will sell in the US or that the couple is known there, but AP does sell photographs in The Netherlands too, the pictures would have been for the Dutch market probably.

I believe that W-A and Maxima are entitled to their privacy on vacation and can understand their frustration at the press. However this in no way excuses the way W-A addressed the press. As a future king he cannot continue thinking he can talk to people in such a manner. It makes him seem like a rude immature child throwing his toys out of the pram. And this action has done nothing to avert the press. They will continue following, perhaps even worse than before.

When you are a royal I believe this is part of the job description, whether you like it or not.

I believe that W-A and Maxima are entitled to their privacy on vacation and can understand their frustration at the press. However this in no way excuses the way W-A addressed the press. As a future king he cannot continue thinking he can talk to people in such a manner. It makes him seem like a rude immature child throwing his toys out of the pram. And this action has done nothing to avert the press. They will continue following, perhaps even worse than before.

When you are a royal I believe this is part of the job description, whether you like it or not.

Did you,or any of you,actually hear him say anything?
Ofcourse none of you did. Just the press.
That is all,no one heard it otherwise.

And dear crm,but you nor anyone,or at least most here,haven't got a Clue on what it is on the Royal job discription other then the one at Disneyworld.:lol:
So,please,leave this absolute nonsens be,just leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny to me that it seems the press is never happy. The first few days of there vacation we saw a couple of shots. They seemed relaxed in a OK you got a couple now go away. If the press would have left it at that I think that would have been the end of it. but as usual......day after day more pics. Anyone would get p.od. I know I would have been cussing up a storm!!!

I think we can all agree that we disagree. But this is a difficult subject. Where do you draw the privacy line when it comes to royalty who are public figures? I personally don't see why they want to sue in this case, especially since the pictures were taken by a foreign agency. Plus, when they come back Maxima can go to the Hema, Amalia and Alexia can go to school and everybody will leave them alone. But we all know that the argentinian paparazzi can be very invasive. The mediacode isn't bad for their everyday life in the Netherlands, especially for the children, and yes they deserve their privacy on a holiday, but they can't control everything that happens in a foreign country. And I also think with the way they are behaving right now that the mediacode will blow up in their faces, and that can have some nasty consequences (although I hope it will never come that far). Now everybody kiss and make up! :flowers: :kiss:

Maxima looks very glad and I agree with you, it seems she is not bothered by the press. I especially like the first pic where Máxima is leaving the plane with a very nice smile.

That girl with her, I think she is Samantha Dean.

As expected, the popular press is blowing the whole thing up: 'the forbidden pictures that The Netherlands was not allowed to see' according to zijonline:

ZIJONLINE - ZIE ALLE VERBODEN FOTO'S! Alexander wil maximaal 250.000 euro voor vakantiefoto's

The same thing happened about the thing of Maxima with glasses in Argentina.... why they/ the RVD fail to see how things work is beyond me.

More: http://www.nu.nl/achterklap/2057797...oddel2.asp?gossipID=46358&roddels=51252o.html

they demand up to 250.000 euros in damages

Last edited:
they still on holidays? well it is not stress for them , all this had been done by other people, i mean their represntatives, or what ever they are call becasue i can not belive they can take the time for this in the middle of their holidays!

As expected, the popular press is blowing the whole thing up: 'the forbidden pictures that The Netherlands was not allowed to see' according to zijonline:

ZIJONLINE - ZIE ALLE VERBODEN FOTO'S! Alexander wil maximaal 250.000 euro voor vakantiefoto's

The same thing happened about the thing of Maxima with glasses in Argentina.... why they/ the RVD fail to see how things work is beyond me.

More: http://www.nu.nl/achterklap/2057797...oddel2.asp?gossipID=46358&roddels=51252o.html

they demand up to 250.000 euros in damages

Of course they are blowing this up. Any opportunity to make money:nonono:. As we've all seen, once something is labelled 'forbidden', everyone wants to see it. This is a really unfortunate situation, and I hope that it didn't ruin the children's enjoyment of their holiday.

Wonderful pics. However, it's a pity not being able to see the girls face very well...The snow's equipes don'ts allow to do so! LOL.Vanesa.

During the lawsuit today the prince and princess released a statement. Kroonprins: Foto's belastend voor gezin - Trouw

They say that taking the pictures are damaging for their familylife and the normal upbringing they are trying to give to their children. The prince says that it is very important to have a normal childhood because it helped him to fulfill his tasks. He says that when he was young and he and his brothers went on a sailingtrip with his grandfathers boat the press would take pictures. Although people think it is just an innocent picture, it was upsetting to them and they had to stay inside and eventually they didn't want to go anymore.

It does not sound as if he realizes how priviliged they are which must make up for some upset.

I am curious to hear what the court descides in this matter.

WA and his idea of taking the best of both worlds :rolleyes2:

A future heir is kind of public property and so is is family. No question that they have a right of privacy but demanding only to be photographed or approached when on public duty, is a step too far. The DRF are public servants and in return they enjoy huge privileges what comes with a prize ... what is public interest at all times. The Oranges asking for "normality" is a contradiction in itself. If WA is too upset to take in the downside of his position, well, he should abandon it but throwing some tantrums won't change the way the press work, especially foreign press. I do hope the case gets rejected, time for a reality check.

Agree! Any Royal Family is sort of public property. Tax payers are paying for their lavish lifestyles = they're entitled to see pictures. Taking pictures of them doing innocent things like sailing or skiing can't hurt them or the Royal Family. Raising a stink about it can cause the RF harm though in the form of bad publicity.

The Oranges asking for "normality" is a contradiction in itself.

I couldnt be more agree. He can't pretend their kids to have a normal childhood because they aren't normal, I mean, normal kids doesn't live in a castle, don't have nannies all the time, don't have a mom called princess...That is so ilogical

I also think that when times are hard for so many we do not want any whining.

The judgement of the court in 2 weeks is important imo.

WA and his idea of taking the best of both worlds :rolleyes2:

A future heir is kind of public property and so is is family. No question that they have a right of privacy but demanding only to be photographed or approached when on public duty, is a step too far. The DRF are public servants and in return they enjoy huge privileges what comes with a prize ... what is public interest at all times. The Oranges asking for "normality" is a contradiction in itself. If WA is too upset to take in the downside of his position, well, he should abandon it but throwing some tantrums won't change the way the press work, especially foreign press. I do hope the case gets rejected, time for a reality check.

I think the press it will make it harder for him. He really does need to understand there is nothing normal about his or his families life. Throwing his tantrums does nothing but make him look like an a$$. I hope he does not win this one.

anyway, i think if they want privacy do not go to public places, now he and i thinkk fred too manage to have their relation with Maxima and Mary very private at the bigining probalby close to a year it is my understanding that nobody knew about them for at least a year so i am sure if they want they can manage to have some privacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 and I agree with the rest here they do not have a normal life,nor the kids, leaving in castles, mananies etc...etc...........

Ok, this makes the whole situation a bit absurd. Pictures from private moments are only allowed if they have any news value (e.g. if the prince was hit by a snowscooter and has to go to the hospital). So far, that's clear. But because the lawsuit is news, the pictures can be published, so the 6 o clock news in the netherlands has published the pictures :S skip to the 6.20 mark to see the newsitem and the pictures.

Player omroep.nl

Oh sorry, what i've written above is a small summary of the newsitem. Furthermore the lawyer/attorney/whatever from AP says that it does have newsvalue and the lawyer from the prince reads the statement the prince gave.

Oh sorry, what i've written above is a small summary of the newsitem. Furthermore the lawyers from AP say that it does have newsvalue and the lawyer from the prince reads the statement the prince gave.

Thank you! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I also think that when times are hard for so many we do not want any whining.

The judgement of the court in 2 weeks is important imo.
I soooo agree with you. Business here is so bad there won't be a vacation at all this year. So I'm sorry about your lavish ski vacation, next time stay at home. I love the DRF and mean no disrespect but I only wish I had his problem!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom