WA & Máxima with Philippe & Mathilde at Rubens in Brueghel Samen Exposition: 19.10.06

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
WA & Máxima with Philippe & Mathilde at Rubens in Brueghel Samen Exposition: 19.10.06

On 19 October 2006, Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde of Belgium will visit The Hague and meet up with Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima to inaugurate 'Rubens in Brueghel Samen' exposition.

The press release from RVD can be found here

and for the description from the belgian calendar :

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde Princess inaugurate in company of Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima, the exposition “Rubens in Brueghel Samen”, in Mauritshuis in The Hague (Netherlands).
Peter Paul Rubens and Jan Brueghel the Old one belong to from Antwerp painters most famous of the 17th century. Very active and of a great technical skill, they directed very productive workshops. For their artistic development, the two painters remained a few years in Italy. They were familiarized thus with the rules of the international diplomacy. Between the two artists was born an exceptional bond. Their true friendship doubled of a profitable collaboration. Each one of them specialized in a specific field, they joined their creative forces to carry out phenomenal tables together. Most beautiful are exposed at the exposition “Rubens in Brueghel Samen”. In addition to twelve common paintings of Rubens and Brueghel, one will be able to see there the other works carried out in collaboration with contemporaries (p.ex. Brueghel with Hendrick de Clerck, Rubens with Frans Snijders). Tables come in particular from Prado in Madrid, Gemäldegalerie Kassel and Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. The exposure was carried out in collaboration with the J. Paul Getty Museum of Los Angeles where it was shown during the summer 2006. The exposiytion “Rubens and Brueghel Samen” will be held of October 20, 2006 to January 28, 2007 to Mauritshuis.

Please post news & photos here..

Thank you.

Tomorrow we go to see Mathilde and Maxima together. How good!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures johann

Greats pictures, thanks.
Extremely lovely Mathilde. The hairdo is very pretty, it has some photo?

Fantastic pictures -- it is so nice to see these couples together again! Thank you, johann. I love the ensembles of the women and Mathilde's hair looks especially elegant in that style.

Both women look great. I love seeing them together.

It's enjoyable to see these 2 couples working together.

Great pictures guys! They look nice, all of them. The Princess's look beautiful and the Prince's are very handsome.

Beautiful photos!
I love Maxima's coat!
Mathilde looks nice, too! It's great to see the couples together!
They always seems to be quite relaxed and happy when the Dutch and the Belgian Crownprincely Couples meet.

Everyone's attire looks very elegant. Has W-A lost weight recently?

the two CP's are looking wonderful. coats are beautiful, love them. Its good to see them out together doing things.

I must say for the first time, I do not like the coat that Mathilde is wearing. It's too busy and stiff looking as well as the lace, high neck, thing she is wearing underneath it. And then with black stockings and grey shoes, she reminds me of Minnie Mouse. I usually love what she wears, but not today.
Maxima looks nice, I just wish she would tidy up her hair a bit. Always looks as if she is rushed out the door with her hair brush in hand and never really finishes the job.
The men look handsome as usual.
Just a question: is the weather really that cold over there right now? I would love to have it that cold here in California. Right now, it's in the 80's, hot and dry, and we must not forget windy. Ugh!

It was a most sunny and gentle dreamy autumn day with a golden sun, not only in The Hague but in the entire Netherlands.

:flowers:

Here you see the former Palace of Prince Maurits of Nassau-Siegen, the Mauritshuis, which is renowned for its fabulous collection of Dutch and Flemish masters and was visited by the Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima and their guests the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.

dhf035x.jpg

Source picture: http://historie.denhaag.org/alfab.htm

True Henri, I could even walk around in just a t-shirt today without being cold...
-

I think I will visit the exposition soon, with a friend of mine who lives in The Hague, it seems interesting.

-

Now about the couples: the two husbands seem to stay in the background and let the ladies lead :). Nice to see how comfortable they are together, it is always nice to see them with each other.

I actually liked Maxima's hair, but I wish Willem-Alexander could use a new haircut, the present one doesn't really flatter him.

TLLK said:
Everyone's attire looks very elegant. Has W-A lost weight recently?

The Prince's weight is very depending on his immune dificiency syndrome disease (Besnier-Boeck's Disease).

Everybody in the Netherlands knows the Prince is a keen sportsman, has run the Marathon of New York or the famous Eleven-Cities-Tour (ice-skating). But sometimes he needs to take heavy drugs (prednison) and then his face and body blows up and his teeth get affected.

Especially in the late 1980's and early 1990's this was really bad. Nicknames were made as 'Prins Pils' (Prince Lager) for his taste in beer (from 'uncle Freddie' Heineken), but the underlying problem was the severe medication.

Pic: the Prince in a 'good period' (but affected teeth). The pic is free of copyrights and can be downloaded for free: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=4828

Last edited:
I appreciated it that the Prince of Orange had so much attention for the young kids who performed on the stairs. The Duke of Brabant, tja, he was a bit with his thought somewhere else, I think.

The two Princesses are very elegant and what a beautiful place the Mauritshuis. There are so many palaces in Holland all very nice, i would like to visit them some day.

What did the Oranges and the Brabants see today?

rosana said:
The two Princesses are very elegant and what a beautiful place the Mauritshuis. There are so many palaces in Holland all very nice, i would like to visit them some day.

The Mauritshuis is not so big. Prince Maurits of Nassau-Siegen (1604-1675) was only from a 'side-line', not from the main ruling Orange-Nassau line, but he was extremely rich and wanted to show his wealth with a house build in the water, on a very expensive location (next to the mighty States-General) and in an impeccable square Dutch classicist architectural style.

Picture of the Mauritshuis in front:
http://foto.denhaag.org/fotos/15/2/45/475.jpg

And a fabulous picture from the water:
http://foto.denhaag.org/fotos/15/2/45/477.jpg

The strange tower in the water is actually where the Dutch premier minister has his personal bureau. He has a fantastic panorama on the Hofvijver (Court Pond) and the wonderful monuments around or sometimes fantastic flower-sculptures in the water. Like this:
http://foto.denhaag.org/fotos/15/2/45/3956.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos, Henri. Maybe you could start a thread on the beautiful houses in the Netherlands. I love the symmetry and design -- all very tidy and elegant IMO.

Emily said:
Thank you for the photos, Henri. Maybe you could start a thread on the beautiful houses in the Netherlands. I love the symmetry and design -- all very tidy and elegant IMO.

Well, The Hague has a few wonderful sites but it also has horrible parts, like the modern departments, the new monstruous city hall and megalomane buildings which pop up everywhere. But still there are wonderful parts. And it remains a royal residence, of course.
The Hague mourns for Prince Bernhard (2004):

http://foto.denhaag.org/fotos/15/2/43/2784.jpg

Henri M. beautiful pictures, thanks so much!! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom