The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
wapen_kinderen2.jpg

Welcome to Part 1 of the threads dedicated
to the daughters of King Willem-Alexander & Queen Máxima:
Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane

Last edited:
A sweet little girl soon to be a crown princess. I wonder if she is aware of the change in her life. All my best wishes to the royal couple and their girls.

Beautiful girls!!!
And yes, Amalia is aware, as her parents stated in the interview. She even asked daddy " how many years will he be King?", she sure wanted to know when she'll be Queen:D but her daddy said "now that you wanted to know":lol:

Beautiful girls!!!
And yes, Amalia is aware, as her parents stated in the interview. She even asked daddy " how many years will he be King?", she sure wanted to know when she'll be Queen:D but her daddy said "now that you wanted to know":lol:

I hadn't realised Amalia has grown so much! How similar she is to Beatrix, Juliana and Wilhelmina when they were of that age....definately a future Queen of the Netherlands!!

Definitely like Beatrix. And no..thank God she is not clumsy and awkward like Juliana..
By the way, wont the other daughters be styled "The Princess xxxx.."?
Like British? Ok..Maybe since the original styling is in Dutch, the "The.." is not that significant in continental royals..

Last edited:
I was thinking what would have been nice but i imagine difficult to organise - would have been a picture of the young generation of second in line to thrones before Amalia became the heir.

It would have made a nice picture to have Amalia, Christian, Ingrid, Estelle, Leonor and Elizabeth in one picture together as the heirs to the current heirs

I was thinking what would have been nice but i imagine difficult to organise - would have been a picture of the young generation of second in line to thrones before Amalia became the heir.

It would have made a nice picture to have Amalia, Christian, Ingrid, Estelle, Leonor and Elizabeth in one picture together as the heirs to the current heirs

You can still have the photo on the premise they will all reign around the same time. It would be a wonderful photo.

P.S. How odd that little Amalia and the Prince of Wales now have something in common! :whistling:

^ Yes, very interesting. It'd be an interesting conversation between the two of them should there be an opportunity.

TM and the girls,Princess Beatrix and other members of the RF and foreign Royals stayed at the Palace overnight where a brunch hosted by TM will conclude the briljant festivities today.:)

Beautiful girls!!!

Maxima shared that "Amalia realizes very well whose turn it is." When Willem-Alexander told Amalia that he would become King, her first question to him was, "How long will you do it?" His response to her was "Wouldn't you like to know!"

Last edited:
She was adorable throughout the whole day. When the griffier (?? I don't even know what he was and how you'd call it in English) mentioned in the church that she is the first Princess of Orange, she nodded the way Beatrix has always done. You could hear a collective 'aww' after that too. So cute. By that you could tell she's aware that will be her one day.

She was adorable throughout the whole day. When the griffier (?? I don't even know what he was and how you'd call it in English) mentioned in the church that she is the first Princess of Orange, she nodded the way Beatrix has always done. You could hear a collective 'aww' after that too. So cute. By that you could tell she's aware that will be her one day.

That nod was perfect. And indeed exactly her grandmother. :-D

Does anyone have a video clip of this. I was unable to watch and would love to see this.

Thank you Empress Merel for posting the You Tube link, I had missed Amalia nodding, it was just like her grandmother. I still love to watch this video!!
Does anyone know if Willem Alexander speech was translated to English? I would love to know what he said other then the few words of Dutch I have picked up from watching so much Dutch tv.

The "griffier" is Godefridus Jan "Fred" de Graaf who has been President of the Joint Sessions since June 28, 2011. Here are his remarks to which Amalia nodded:

"Your [W-A] role is hereby strengthened by the support of your wife, who stands at your side, and your three daughters, who as they get older undoubtedly will express their own insights to you. That your eldest daughter, Princess Catharina-Amalia, is the first Princess of Orange and is in our midst this morning, should not go unmentioned on this festive day."

Last edited:
The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

Absolutely, agree!

Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

I would have love to see the girls with each of them in the colours fothe flag, may be the same design dress, but one in red the other in blue and the other in white!

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

To be honest, I think they are pretty much kept out of the media except for official photo sessions..
Now they are children of the monarch in the future we might see them more and start to notice differences between the three..

I wonder when they will announce the summer annual photosession with their girls. Maybe they are too busy to do one this year?

Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

Nope still 9, i do think that Amalia should have dressed different then her sisters. She looked like she need a more grown up look, but still she did look adorable. I just love seeing that chubby cute face of hers haha!

Attachments

• amelia-princess--a.jpg
    amelia-princess--a.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3,907
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom