The Prince of Orange as Chair of UN SG Advisory Board Water & Sanitation (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander has attended a meeting about the Dutch water policy with the Standing Committee Infrastructure and Environment today, February 28, 2013.

** anp gallery **

Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Crown Prince Naruhito together with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon attended the meeting 'Water and Disasters'' of the UNSGAB (United Nations Secretary General's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation) in New York today, March 6, 2013. The purpose of the meeting is to create awareness, sharing experiences and discuss the proper way to a global approach to water-related disasters.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Liberia's President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf attended the official opening of the two-day Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue on Water at the Peace Palace in Den Haag today, March 21, 2013. The two-day dialogue for World Water Day is a highlight for 2013 being declared International Year of Water Cooperation, with high-level representatives from governments, business and the United Nations to discuss the importance of water for worldwide peace and sustainable development.

Tomorrow Willem-Alexander will hold his last major speech as chair of the UN Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation. However, he will remain involved in the subject: "It is such a part of my life, I will certainly not be able to let go", he said last month in New York.

** Pic ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

** dpp gallery: Prince Willem-Alexander attends multi-stakeholder dialogue about Water **

** gettyimages/zimbio: Crown Prince Willem Alexander Of The Netherlands Opens The World Water Conference At Peace Palace **

Last edited:
Wow, in this picture Melanie Schultz van Haegen looks like Princess Maxima.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Prince Hassan bin Talal of Jordan at the International World Water day at the World Forum in The Hague. March 22, 2013

PPE Agency ** ANP Photo

Here's the mentioned final speech Willem-Alexander has given today:

...This is where I started. In this very conference center Exactly thirteen years ago. TheNetherlands proudly hosted the second World Water Forum, and I had the honor to chair it. And it brings back some wonderful memories.

For me personally, this was the start of an amazing journey through the global water arena. Today, on World Water Day, back inThe Haguetogether, I would like to take this opportunity to synchronize watches with you. To see how far we have travelled in these past 13 years. Impressively far, I can tell you. But also, to take stock of what is left to do, and to agree on some homework for the coming years. Because the journey is far from over (...). My role will change, but my passion won't...

** Toespraak van de Prins van Oranje bij viering internationale Wereld Waterdag in Den Haag **

And here are some more pics:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: NLD: Crown Prince Willem Alexander Delivers Keynote Speech As He Steps Down As Chair Of UNSGAB **

Last edited:

Yesterday, April 16, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander has made a working visit to te Netherlands Institute of Ecology (NIOO-KNAW) in Wageningen. It has been his last visit with the national Advisory Board on Water, that he chairs until April 30.

** Pic **

On May 21 King Willem-Alexander has been in Milan, Italy, and attended a meeting of the Advisory Board of the Secretary-General of the United Nations Water and Sanitation (UNSGAB) to bid farewell to the members of the UNSGAB.

** Koning naar Milaan voor afscheid leden UNSGAB **

HRH Prince Hassan of Jordan is the successor of HM King Willem-Alexander as Chair of UNSGAB!The Prince will deliver his keynote speech during the International Water Week,Amsterdam november 4th to 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom