The Prince of Orange as Chair of UN SG Advisory Board Water & Sanitation (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands (L), Chairman of the United Nations Secretary-General's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation, shakes hands with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (R) during the launch of the International Year of Sanitation 21 November 2007 at UN headquarters in New York as Princess Maxima (2nd L) of the Netherlands looks on. The initiative aims to improve sanitation facilities worldwide (ANP)
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- W-A -- pic 5 -- pic 6 -- pic 7 -- pic 8 -- pic 9

I forgot if this was discussed before, but does anybody know until when WA will be chairman of this board? Is there a fixed date settled on which he will leave or is it more 'open' like his membership of the IOC (which he will quit as soon as he is King).

And does anybody know why Princess Maxima accompanied her husband to NYC? Just as a support or has she some things to attend herself about Microfinance?

No,there is no fixed date,suppose he will remain Chair untill he's called to the Throne.

Dear Máxima hadn't seen Alex for over a week,he travelled to NYC from Colombia remember?She supports him by being there,and meanwhile had a little catching up to do with her sister & friends in Chelsea,and ofcourse see staff and others of/on the UN board for micro-credit.
:flowers:

stunning! she looks great. what a great coat and colour looks fabulous on her!

HRH will leave for Japan this saturday to attend the Asia Pacific Water Summit at Beppu,Japan.

Alexander was on a visit to Addis Abeba,Ethiopia last week in his capacity of Chair of UNSGAB.He was received by president Girma Wolde Geordis,and had talks with the president of the African Development Bank,mr.Kabureka.

On the eve of the meeting of African Heads of State he had talks with Mr.Konoré,Chair of the Commission of the African Union.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Later this month Alexander will be in Vancouver in his capacity as a member of the IOC,preparing the winter Olympics.

Last edited:
HRH The PoO will speech this morning on occasion of World Water Day,Townhall,Rotterdam.

Het Koninklijk Huis

On thursday the 20th HRH,in his capacity as Chair of UNSGAB,will speech on occasion of World Water Day at the Palais des Nations,Geneva.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince was interviewd on the matter; he said that he always closes the tap when he brushes his teeth, something which his father was very strict about but that he does spend too much time under the shower. He also said that the toilets at Villa Eikenhorst all have a suystem that saves water too.

The Prince was interviewd on the matter; he said that he always closes the tap when he brushes his teeth, something which his father was very strict about but that he does spend too much time under the shower. He also said that the toilets at Villa Eikenhorst all have a suystem that saves water too.

I've perceived that strictness regarding the tap closing in the Netherlands in general. I believe it is a truly healthy and enviroment-friendly habit we should all adopt. However, it is curious that the Prince chose to point this out...don't you think?:ohmy:

I've perceived that strictness regarding the tap closing in the Netherlands in general. I believe it is a truly healthy and enviroment-friendly habit we should all adopt. However, it is curious that the Prince chose to point this out...don't you think?:ohmy:

Well, I found the most curious thing that he talked about the royal toilets in Villa Eikenhorst ;). I think he just wanted to be charming and wanted to show that he too, like everybody else, can do more things at home for nature and such.

---

On another note, the PoO certainly has a busy sheduele now!

Well, I found the most curious thing that he talked about the royal toilets in Villa Eikenhorst ;). I think he just wanted to be charming and wanted to show that he too, like everybody else, can do more things at home for nature and such.

---

Busy schedule?I add more and more each day at "their" agenda here.It is impressive indeed.
And,remember,not too long ago someone said on the BRMB that the agenda of the dutch RF wasn't as impressive as Aunt Lillibeth's.
It is,and they,each and every member,has/have more in depth approaches as well.My opinion.

---

Sorry but i don't understand . what did he say about the royal toilets in Villa Eikenhorst?

HRH,Chair of UNSGAB,will attend and speech at the opening of the First African Water Week,Tunis,Tunesia tomorrow the 26th.

Prince Willem-Alexander attended, as chairman of the UN Advisory group for Water and Sanitary the 118e meting of the Inter Parlementaire Unie (IPU) at Cape Town in South Africa.

PPE Agency

HRH,in his capacity of Chair of UNSGAB,was a guest-speaker today at a summit of the Municipality of Amsterdam.His speech,

Het Koninklijk Huis

Sorry,only in dutch,and a bit much to translate right now.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HRH,in his capacity of Chair of UNSGAB,was a guest-speaker today at a summit of the Municipality of Amsterdam.His speech,

Het Koninklijk Huis

Sorry,only in dutch,and a bit much to translate right now.

Het Koninklijk Huis

he was very aroused and smiles a lot :) I had to work by the photographer HJ van Beek and make this picture. More pictures on Home en www.picturepress.nl.

fotovandaaglj1.jpg

HRH,in his capacity of Chair of UNSGAB,was on a working visit to the President of the World Bank,mr.Robert B.Zoellick,in Washington DC today.

HRH will be a guest-speaker on water and sanitation at the summit of African Union heads of State and government leaders at
Sharm el Sheik,Egypt,june 30th.

Alexander arrives in Stockholm today for the opening of the World Water Week tomorrow.He will return to Beijing on wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom