The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Sister of Queen Máxima has a new job.
Máxima de Holanda se marca un Telma: su hermana trabaja en el Gobierno de Macri. Noticias de Casas Reales

Old 02-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti does not fullfill the requirements for the job of Director of Office of the Directorate General of Administration for the Executive Secretary of the National Council for the Coordination of Social Policies of the President and apparently it is no problem: the appointment is con autorización excepcional and with retroactive working, starting December 10th 2015, the day that President Mauricio Macri was sworn in...

Picture: Queen Máxima and President Mauricio Macri a few weeks ago in Davos...

Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to the Dutch papers it is a problem; they are talking about 'in opspraak', which translates as 'scandal' apparently. The Argentinian statebulletin they are not making it a secret that it is curious as they write about 'a high exception'. She does not have the right resume, the right academic background or the right network among civil servants.

Apparently the president already fired 20.000 civil servants that were brought in office by his predecessor. Many of those had émpty' jobs. It seems he may be doing the same now, Ines Z. is being paid a full time salary for 180 days of work.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti does not fullfill the requirements for the job of Director of Office of the Directorate General of Administration for the Executive Secretary of the National Council for the Coordination of Social Policies of the President and apparently it is no problem: the appointment is con autorización excepcional and with retroactive working, starting December 10th 2015, the day that President Mauricio Macri was sworn in...

Picture: Queen Máxima and President Mauricio Macri a few weeks ago in Davos...
i have to agree. as far as i know, ines is way too young to be a director of any sort, so it just looks to the world like she was put in her position because of who she is related to. i am saddened, because it just shows how corrupt certain circles are. i will give her for now the benefit of the doubt though, until we find out what kind of background she has and what the position really entitles before judging but this doesn't look very good in my opinion.

and... gosh! isn't her title a mouthful? maybe it's created as such to distract us from knowing what she actually does... :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-17-2016, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Inés has fulfilled an academic education (psychology and human sciences) at university. This is Inès her thesis at university, about gender differences and their relationship to suicide and related behaviors:
http://www.ub.edu.ar/investigaciones...orreguieta.pdf

She seems a smart girl, like her sister Máxima (an economist).
Old 02-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The RVD twittered about the matter. They denied that Queen Máxima was in any way involved in this issue. They also point out that previously Inès worked for the present Argentinian minister of Social Affairs. That puts the claims of the Argentinian press in a different perspective I suppose, as they said Inès had no relevant work experience and no contacts among civil servants.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

So all by all it is a storm in a cup of tea, but of course the label 'nepotism' will remain above Inès, while she maybe did it all herself, her career, without her sister in far-way Netherlands.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The RVD twittered about the matter. They denied that Queen Máxima was in any way involved in this issue. They also point out that previously Inès worked for the present Argentinian minister of Social Affairs. That puts the claims of the Argentinian press in a different perspective I suppose, as they said Inès had no relevant work experience and no contacts among civil servants.
i guess that sheds some light and makes me more comfortable about the situation. i doubt they would have positioned themselves if maxima did indeed have an influence over this. the fact that ines worked for the minister before is also comforting.

shame on the argentinian press for disseminating rumours that are hurtful and erroneous just to make headlines.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i guess that sheds some light and makes me more comfortable about the situation. i doubt they would have positioned themselves if maxima did indeed have an influence over this. the fact that ines worked for the minister before is also comforting.

shame on the argentinian press for disseminating rumours that are hurtful and erroneous just to make headlines.
I would think that the Queen and the RVD would be the first to proactively ensure that no nepotism was involved in this particular appointment. With a view to the sensitivity with which the Zorreguieta family has always been associated since one of its members became a member of the Dutch Royal Family, its members will also be doubly careful in ensuring any possibility of scandal be attached to their name.

Tags
cerruti, family, maxima, princess maxima, queen maxima, zorreguieta