The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Jorge Zorreguieta and all the other ex-ministers of the Videa regime between 1976 and 1983, will lose their allowance of 800 to 1000 euros a month that upto now they received (aditional to their normal pension).

Article in Dutch:

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Jorge Zorreguieta raakt toelage kwijt

-----
In the mean time I think Jorge Zorreguieta congratulated the newspaper La Nacion for existing 139 years: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?...gh=Zorreguieta And here something about Mr. Zorreguieta and the Basque-Argentinian foundation: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?...gh=Zorreguieta

Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Jorge Zorreguieta is the president of the Basque-Argentinian association. He discusses the mysterious origins of the Basque people, whose culture is more than 7000 years old. There are many people in Argentina who are of Basque heritage, himself and Maxima included. His association does many things, such as organizing trips to the Basque country, giving lectures on Basque history and culture, and lessons in the Basque language.

This is interesting to me. I studied the Basque culture during my undergraduate days, and found it fascinating. I had no idea that Maxima was part Basque. I wonder if she speaks the language? From what I know about the language, it is completely unrelated to Spanish or any of the Romance languages, and quite difficult to learn.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Argentina Faces Netherlands In Davis Cup
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA - MARZO 8 : Dutch Princess Maxima parents Maria del Carmen Cerruti (L) and Jorge Zorraigueta (R) during the Argentina-Netherlands first round Davis Cup tie on March 8, 2009 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Photo by Santiago Rios/LatinContent/Getty Images)
http://i39.tinypic.com/bhni81.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2vccp76.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/148m9hv.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/4kyb92.jpg
Old 03-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Máxima's mother looks so classy in this picture!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Brother Martin,nice man,as well as some wonderfull pictures of Mr & Mrs Zorreguieta:

PPE Agency

courtesy pPe
Old 10-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would've never guessed that was her brother. They don't look anything alike.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Is the ski boutique a business that he or his wife are involved in? I noticed that he was standing in front of the sign in a few of the photos.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

i belive is not his wife, he separate fromhis wife, for what i understand she was a waiter at one of his restaurant and they got together m this is the reason that he divorce or separate his wife, but if somebody knows better, please correct my imput1 thank you
Old 10-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think Martin does look like Maxima. They look like they like to pose for the cameras more than Maxima!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do see a very, very slight resemblance between Martin & Maxima in the eyes (his are darker) and the smile (both are very bright and catchy)- but it's a stretch to say the least.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Yes, the smile and the eyes are similar, well I would say very similar. The nose is not.

I think Máxima looks more like Martin then she does with her sister, Ines. Although they are both two pretty ladies I would never say they are sisters.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agreed Regina, she (P Maxima) and her sister Ines look Nothing alike! I've often thought the same thing.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
09-12-2009 Buenos Aires Jorge Zorreguieta, father of Princess Maxima, with a rollator at the streets of Buenos Aires on the way to the 118 Polo open in Buenos Aires.
Jorge walked the 300 meters between the VIP box and Mobile Phones office. (picture taken 6 dec.)

PPE Agency
Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Majesty

I think these photos are intrusive and a violation of the privacy of the Zorreguieta family.They certainly clearly are not happy with the nuisance.And neither am I.If they gave permission it would have been entirely different or posing or in case of a photo-session,which this family never will,it would be different,this is just plain intrusive and therefore not wished.
Some dignity isn't out of date and this family is not free game.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow,Maxima looks mostly like her mother!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to Hein at Nobiliana (MAG 2011) Maxima's half sister Dolores Zorreguieta López Gil married José Gamboa in December 2011.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Dolores Zorreguieta is the artists, right? I believe that Angeles Zorreguieta is a scientist, living in the UK (at least at the time of the wedding of Máxima. I don't know anything about Maria Zorreguieta, the eldest one.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Gentry

I've long found Maxima's heritage and background extremely interesting.

Does anyone know what sort of incomes Jorge Zorreguieta derived from positions such as Secretary of La Sociedad Rural Argentina, President of the Centro Argentino Azucarero, or Chairman of COPAL?

At the time of Maxima's marriage, Jorge was widely described as a wealthy landowner. I had always assumed that his income came largely from farming or ranching, and his political and other activities didn't stem from any great financial need. However, reading more in-depth articles on the Zorreguietas (most translated from Dutch or Spanish) indicates that he has never been a landowner (unlike his first wife, Marta Lopez Gil). Sources on Maxima's childhood describe her family as living in an affluent neighborhood, but in a comparatively modest home, and of having to manage very carefully. Maxima had many much richer classmates at the exclusive Northwoods school.

But even if money was somewhat tight, it seems Jorge's various positions yielded a larger income than I would have thought. Would that rural society or that sugar producers association have paid their administrators so much? The only income I've seen listed definitively for him is his pittance of a minister's pension, which was of course discontinued.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's ideas. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandDweller View Post
I've long found Maxima's heritage and background extremely interesting.

Does anyone know what sort of incomes Jorge Zorreguieta derived from positions such as Secretary of La Sociedad Rural Argentina, President of the Centro Argentino Azucarero, or Chairman of COPAL?

At the time of Maxima's marriage, Jorge was widely described as a wealthy landowner. I had always assumed that his income came largely from farming or ranching, and his political and other activities didn't stem from any great financial need. However, reading more in-depth articles on the Zorreguietas (most translated from Dutch or Spanish) indicates that he has never been a landowner (unlike his first wife, Marta Lopez Gil). Sources on Maxima's childhood describe her family as living in an affluent neighborhood, but in a comparatively modest home, and of having to manage very carefully. Maxima had many much richer classmates at the exclusive Northwoods school.

But even if money was somewhat tight, it seems Jorge's various positions yielded a larger income than I would have thought. Would that rural society or that sugar producers association have paid their administrators so much? The only income I've seen listed definitively for him is his pittance of a minister's pension, which was of course discontinued.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's ideas. Thanks.
We don't discuss bucks in The Netherlands,it's private,first,and nobodies business,second.It's considered vulgar and people really are not in the least impressed nor interested.Different culture.
One of many peoples ideas...
Old 03-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Gentry

Excuse me.

However, the Dutch people behind this website evidently didn't get your memo:
Kinderjaren Máxima Zorreguieta
Portret van een prinses

There are many topics which it would be considered rude anywhere to discuss too openly. For instance, we probably wouldn't ask someone about their father's part in an oppressive region or whether it's appropriate for him to be invited to their daughter's Christening - but we discuss those things on this board.

And my question had as much to do with curiosity about the economy of Argentina as about the life of the Zorreguietas. If, even during the years of upheaval, it was possible for a person to make a decent living with such agricultural organizations, that's interesting to me.

Tags
cerruti, family, maxima, princess maxima, queen maxima, zorreguieta