The Family of Queen Máxima - The Zorreguietas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Parents from Maxima, shopping baby clothes in The Hague July 1st

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 815
I'd read recently that the family was concerned that daughter Ines might be anorexic. Is there any truth to this report?

misshelen said:
Parents from Maxima, shopping baby clothes in The Hague July 1st

I guess the couple won't be using Amalia's old baby clothes..:p

Máxima's father carries responsability for the death of hundreds of Argentinians. He was a close collaborator of Videla.

I wonder how his children live with that, it mustn't be easy.

I think his children turned out fine, the sad thing is that the children of the victims of the videla regime did not get that chance.

(Maxima saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth":p )

Hannelore said:
Máxima's father carries responsability for the death of hundreds of Argentinians. He was a close collaborator of Videla.

I wonder how his children live with that, it mustn't be easy.

(Maxima saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth":p )[/QUOTE]

haha!! That's the only thing I ever disliked about Maxima. I remember when she said it and it disgusted me.

i find maxima practically identical to angeles zorreguieta... it's amazing the similarity while with ines for example, they look totally different.

just a little point out: maxima's father wasn't a dictator in the argentinian military service. he was just the minister of agriculture, not even the defense or militar one, so i guess that he didn't have anything to do with all those deaths.

right,

and you are a royal highness and I am nobility

carlota said:
i find maxima practically identical to angeles zorreguieta... it's amazing the similarity while with ines for example, they look totally different.

just a little point out: maxima's father wasn't a dictator in the argentinian military service. he was just the minister of agriculture, not even the defense or militar one, so i guess that he didn't have anything to do with all those deaths.

carlota said:

Everybody in that government knew what was going on, and so responsable. Or did he ever dismiss ? No, so very naive to think he has no part in it.

Update..

The Watcher said:
From http://www.angelfire.com/in/heinbruins/Sorreguieta.html
------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1.2.1.2.Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini (*1928), m.1st 1956 (div) Martha López Gil (*1935), m.2nd 1970 María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart (*1944)
1.1.2.1.2.1.María Zorreguieta López Gil (*1956)
1.1.2.1.2.2.Ángeles Zorreguieta López Gil (*1958), m.1st Fernando Galante, m.2nd Adrián Vojnov
1.1.2.1.2.2.1.Sebastián Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.2.Facundo Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.3.Ana Vojnov Zorreguieta (*1996)
1.1.2.1.2.3.Dolores Zorreguieta López Gil (*1965), m. Harmond Grad Lewis
1.1.2.1.2.4.Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1971), m.2002 Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange (*1967)
1.1.2.1.2.4.1.Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (*2003)
1.1.2.1.2.4.2.Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (*2005)
1.1.2.1.2.5.Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1972), m. (div?) Mariana Andrés
1.1.2.1.2.6.Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1982)
1.1.2.1.2.7.Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1984)
An update to the genealogy of princess Máxima.

Until reading the latest posts I never knew that Maxima had ever publicly commented on her father's role in the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. I had always been (wrongly apparently) been under the impression that she had never addressed the matter because of her relationship with Willem and the need for the Dutch royal family to be politically neutral.

On the one hand I guess it could be perceived as a daughter's absolute devotion to her father, but on the other hand, for someone as intelligent as Maxima it seems rather naive for her to believe that her father was completely ignorant of what his own co-workers were doing in ordering/allowing those deaths. (If you really believe his innocence, then the flip side would be that he was a pretty unintelligent man to not have been aware of what was going on even on a minimal level.)

carlota said:

I have to agree with hannelore on this one: Everyone who was part of that government is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. You needn't not have directly ordered those deaths or be the leader to be held responsible or accountable. If you were aware of what was going on and stood by and allowed for such deaths to take place then you are partially responsible.

Alexandria said:
I have to agree with hannelore on this one: Everyone who was part of that government is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. You needn't not have directly ordered those deaths or be the leader to be held responsible or accountable. If you were aware of what was going on and stood by and allowed for such deaths to take place then you are partially responsible.

We are not talking about hundreds of Argentinians, but thousands, more than 10 000 people disappeared. Now noone thinks that Zorreguieta dropped people from planes into the ocean himself, but surly he knew someone did it. I find it rather unbelivable that a minister would not know what the rest of his goverment was up to. Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?

Here is chronology of the "Dirty War"
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/videla.html

Larzen said:
We are not talking about hundreds of Argentinians, but thousands, more than 10 000 people disappeared. Now noone thinks that Zorreguieta dropped people from planes into the ocean himself, but surly he knew someone did it. I find it rather unbelivable that a minister would not know what the rest of his goverment was up to. Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?

Here is chronology of the "Dirty War"
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/videla.html

My mistake; thanks for the correction Larzen.

It makes the denial of Zorreguieta's participation even worst by him and his daughter.

Yes, but he knew what was happening. He had go. And if Maxima say this:"saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth", she is a stupid. She hasn´t god face to say that

Piewi said:
Yes, but he knew what was happening. He had go. And if Maxima say this:"saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth", she is a stupid. She hasn´t god face to say that
Piewi, I totally agree that Zorregieta knew exactly what was going on. But telling that Maxima is stupid for believing her OWN father seems really harsh to me.
Would have been my father, I would have choose to believe him as well.
Please try to understand what it's could be to have people accusing your dad to be an accomplice to a murderer. You'll certainly be in denial as well. Can you really blame her for trusting her dad?
This lie (on more), this time to his own family, makes Zorregieta more evil to my eyes; but Maxima remains a loving and thus naive daughter, IMO.

Linda, this pic of maxima on your avatar is awesome, where did you get the full-sized version?

Larzen said:
Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?

Jorge was a member of the military regime from April 1976 to March 1981.

Idriel said:
Piewi, I totally agree that Zorregieta knew exactly what was going on. But telling that Maxima is stupid for believing her OWN father seems really harsh to me.
Please try to understand what it's could be to have people accusing your dad to be an accomplice to a murderer. You'll certainly be in denial as well. Can you really blame her for trusting her dad?
This lie (on more), this time to his own family, makes Zorregieta more evil to my eyes; but Maxima remains a loving and thus naive daughter, IMO.

It is entirely possible to love one's parent but to condemn other aspects of their life. Máxima's elder sister clearly demonstrated this when she herself spoke out against the Videla regime.I personally find it difficult to believe someone as intelligent and smart as Máxima good be either stupid or naive about the Videla regime and her father's involvement.

Idriel said:

Yes, you are right, the word "stupid" was too rude, sorry.:eek:
Anyway, although he is her father and we believe in our father, she can´t say that. She lived in Argentina, everybody here know what happened and she is older enough for believe that.
My point is how she can say that. Ok, she trust in her father, but while she is saying it, is hurting the families of more than 10000 people. If she believes in it, is her problem, but she can´t tell that.

Piewi said:
Yes, you are right, the word "stupid" was too rude, sorry.:eek:
Anyway, although he is her father and we believe in our father, she can´t say that. She lived in Argentina, everybody here know what happened and she is older enough for believe that.
My point is how she can say that. Ok, she trust in her father, but while she is saying it, is hurting the families of more than 10000 people. If she believes in it, is her problem, but she can´t tell that.
I understand your point. Clearly it was undiplomatic from her to even comment on that. Silence would have been a better option.

silence was not an option, it was a question on a tv interview WA and maxima gave for the dutch and one of many questions put to them. The interviewer is always a likeable professional and the palace knew on beforehand that something of this sort would be asked.

Idriel said:
I understand your point. Clearly it was undiplomatic from her to even comment on that. Silence would have been a better option.

HEADLINE: Royals Siblings Play Polo in Snow
DOC DATE: Aug/29/2005
PHOTOGRAPHER: ARGENPRESS/Action Press
CAPTION: Princess Máxima's brother MARTIN ZORREGUIETA and Fergie's cousin MARTIN BARRANTES compete in snow Polo.

Attachments

• zumalive237715.jpg
    zumalive237715.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 506
  • zumalive237716.jpg
    zumalive237716.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 491
  • zumalive237719.jpg
    zumalive237719.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 741
  • zumalive237722.jpg
    zumalive237722.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 760
  • zumalive237723.jpg
    zumalive237723.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 747
  • zumalive237727.jpg
    zumalive237727.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 935
I didn´t know that Martin Barrantes is Fergie cousin. He was the husband of a famous model ("pampita") but they´ve divorse aparently becouse he didn´t work! lol. Anyway that doesn´t matter.

BTW i´d love to be in Villa la Angostura now, is such a beautiful place

Last edited:
Does he get media coverage like this because of Maxima or did photographers just generally take photos of all the polo players?

Piewi said:
I didn´t know that Martin Barrantes is Fergie cousin. He was the husband of a famous model ("pampita") but they´ve divorse aparently becouse he didn´t work! lol. Anyway that doesn´t matter.

BTW i´d love to be in Villa la Angostura now, is such a beautiful place
Step cousin, I believe.

Isn't Martin Zorreguietta divorcing his wife (if they were married, the couple broke up anyway), it was said he cheated on her with a waitress (they owned a restaurant).

sometimes we just hear about one side of the story: although many people didn't like that dictatory regime, others still mantain that that period of time was the only one when there was safety in argentina's streets. there were many things that were just wrong but some others were great improvements. by that time, argentina was the place where many nazi's and people from europe wanting to improve their economical situations emigrated and this is a hard situation to control. with this i'm not justifing all those innocent deaths but saying that maybe there's another part we don't know about. political things are tough areas to give opinions about.

pollyemma said:
Does he get media coverage like this because of Maxima or did photographers just generally take photos of all the polo players?

I think it´s becouse he is Maxima´s brother, nobody is interested in polo players

Today Martín appeared in a wine advertsement playing polo in "La Nación" magazine

Back
Top Bottom