The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Summer Photo Session Warmond: July 7, 2017

Today, July 7, the family posed for the annual summer photo session!

What a nice, traditional Dutch setting!

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** destentor.nl gallery ** anp gallery **

** belga gallery ** ppe gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Gentry

First photos:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEIqzBgXsAEW_cs.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEIqzCCXcAAfY8E.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEIqzBUXoAAZncU.jpg

Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

What a nice, traditional Dutch setting!
They are posing at the Kagerplassen (The Kaag Lakes). I used to go sailing on these lakes quite often in the past. The corridor where they are posing (Spriet) is the worst part for a sailboat as it is narrow and usually not too much wind. It is located close to Huys te Warmont, which used to belong to the counts of Wassenaer and later to a branch of the Limburg-Stirum family. The castle is now divided in apartments. The former minister of Justice lives in one of them.

Nice that they found a different location than the usual beach/dunes or Horsten. But let's hope that next year's photographs can be taken at the new gardens of Huis ten Bosch.

A video:
http://nos.nl/artikel/2181974-jaarli...nds-decor.html
Old 07-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Majesty

i love the informal setting they chose! the dutch princesses are looking every day more grown up. i can't wait to see them out and about performing their own royal agendas.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the casual setting and clothing too. Very nice!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Lovely photos and nice setting for the photo shoot

added
pics from DailyMail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-portrait.html
Old 07-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

I like the casual nature of the photo session - nothing seems forced or overdone.
The three girls are really growing up. They look lovely. Amalia seems like she's going to be a very tall girl.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Amalia is very tall! The family looks great! Here's to a great summer ahead!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a lovely family photo session.The princesses look goregious in casual.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Aristocracy

What a beautiful family. The girls are very pretty and Willy and Max are adorable together. Love these photos.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Majesty

The summer photo session is not only posing for the media, there is also a possibility to ask questions. The King and Queen Máxima indeed were bombed with questions about a whole array of topics.

One of them was about their marriage. The King was asked about the secret of a solid royal marriage?

King Willem-Alexander: "A good marriage is based on humor, conviviality, making time for each other, or just be there for the other. Also to accept that so now and then the other has something to say about you. [....] Also in our marriage it is not always nice weather: sometimes it is raining too."

Queen Máxima: "We share the same passions, especially for our work. We do it with verve and as a team. That is very nice."

In April the King became 50 years old. Has Queen Máxima noted a difference? Not at all the Queen replied: "He is still full of energy and of humor".

Princess Amalia is now at the Sorghvliet Gymnasium in The Hague, while Princess Alaexia just ended her primary school in Wassenaar, last week. Queen Máxima: "The last two years Alexia only heard stories about Sorghvliet-this, and Sorghvliet-that, about teacher-this and teacher-that... Of course she is better prepared than when Amalia started".
Old 07-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the setting was a really nice choice - quite different from the previous years but a pleasant change. The AAA's look so grown up now, particularly Ariane! I really like their outfits too.
I always used to think that Ariane was a mixture of WA and Maxima, but now I think that she is resembling her father more now.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I always used to think that Ariane was a mixture of WA and Maxima, but now I think that she is resembling her father more now.

Yes, I agree.
I think Amalia and Ariane look like their father, but Alexia looks more like Maxima (though she has her father's coloring).