The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

The economy has done sank and the Dutch RF isolated in a lux villa will not be appropriate now.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
The economy has done sank and the Dutch RF isolated in a lux villa will not be appropriate now.
When all Europeans think that way, Greece will thunder down in the abyss... These days, in the middle of the holiday season, the Greeks themselves do nothing else than urge anyone to come to Greece, not to cancel holidays, etc.

Every year around 20 million tourists visit Greece, giving the economy the much needed liquidities.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

And those public tourists can do as they please. I am sure they will be of some help. But a Royal family in a villa is neither use nor ornament at this point in my opinion. It only says to me they can isolate themselves as lords of the manor. They have a right to vacation don't get me wrong but they can pretty much anywhere in world and this time and place is in bad taste to me.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

But Spain was in a crisis too, Italy was in a crisis too, Ireland was in a crisis too, Iceland nearly escaped bankruptcy, the same counts for Cyprus, etc. In your way of thinking the King can only go on holiday to countries which are equally wealthy as the Netherlands.

Thanks to the Dutch royal family a few families in Kranidi, working on his holiday estate, at least have an income...
Old 07-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Yes all countries have financial problems at some point... But the years long potentially leaving the Eurozone and having world wide effect is more dire. And the people suffer... How do you have a vacation on hill when you know their is fear and crippling worry in every face you see? Why would you? Besides,how safe is it? Not being mean just curious.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I hope they still spend some time in their summer villa as everyone needs to show solidarity with the Greek people. By spending their holiday money in Greece they will perhaps encourage other to do the same. To just show up when everything looks good is not the european way of supporting their neighbors. The idea of "image" is different from the US view.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
It's been a while since that last photosession on the beach. I love it, like the other time when they were on the beach, the girls are more active, having fun.

She really is tall. She only has 11 years old (turns 12 in December) and she's catching her mother's height.

Do you notice that Amalia is wearing a bra? Such a young lady already, time sure flies
Yes I did notice that, she is really tall and may I say in the heavy side too
. But both parents are tall so it is to expect they will be tall too. and I read somewhere that Maxima in her teenager years struggle with weight but look at her now after 3 kids she looks fantastic and probably will be the same with Amalia. She as a very pretty hair and smile like Maxima.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Yes I did notice that, she is really tall and may I say in the heavy side too
. But both parents are tall so it is to expect they will be tall too. and I read somewhere that Maxima in her teenager years struggle with weight but look at her now after 3 kids she looks fantastic and probably will be the same with Amalia. She as a very pretty hair and smile like Maxima.
Yes Amalia is more chubby than her sisters. But I think she was always like that, it's her physique, body-struture. She reminds me of my younger self when I was 11/12 years old, because of that I really like Amalia. However, she might end up like me, when I was 15/16 I became self aware of myself, and since then I've been struggling with weight. But I bet mommy will be around to help her and give advices (something I didn't have myself, support)
Old 07-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The adolescent years of the Princess of Orange still have to start. When I look around to secondary schools, often in the course of years, the 12 years olds have lost their puppy fat when they are 16/17 year old.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Yay! No matching outfits.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Here's another large set of pics of the photo sesson

** pp: Maxima et Willem-Alexander des Pays-Bas : Shooting déjanté en famille à la plage **
Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

A nice day at the beach for the royal family.The girls are so beautiful but i think that Alexia is become true beauty .
Old 07-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Yes I did notice that, she is really tall and may I say in the heavy side too.
I hope she doesn't get picked on for being "in the heavy side". That can be tough for a teenage girl.

Amalia has the physique of her father, grandmother and late uncle. Alexia looks more like Maxima.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, look at Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills back then and Prince Nicolae of Romania now. With other words: puppy fat can disappear.

Look at Princess Irene of the Netherlands in 1956. This chubby Princess became an awesomely elegant lady later, see this picture in 1966.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

And Amalia has the rounder face shape seen in her father, paternal grandmother and IMO all the way back to Queen Emma. Amalia is tall and muscular though it is normal for pre-teens to put on some weight before their adolescent growth spurt. She could end up being taller than her mother who I believe is about 5' 10".
Old 07-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Willem-Alexander has been skinny too, which is hard to believe now. Another example. And another example: http://www.gelderlander.nl/polopoly_...ge-3711234.jpg
Old 07-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was 13/14 when I lost mine. She is a beautiful girl.