Queen Máxima's Patronages and Chairships

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The late prince Claus used to be the patron of Scouting Nederland too. Princess Máxima took it over a while ago, though this is only the 2nd time she visits scouting (in public). It would be nice if she would send her daughters there too, they have two scouting groups in Wassenaar.

The late prince Claus used to be the patron of Scouting Nederland too. Princess Máxima took it over a while ago, though this is only the 2nd time she visits scouting (in public). It would be nice if she would send her daughters there too, they have two scouting groups in Wassenaar.
Princess Amalia is probably old enough to join the youngest group for girls. My daughter was 5 when she joined the "Daisy" program in the U.S. I believe it is called "Rainbows" in other Scouting/Guide programs and its geared toward kindergarten age.

HRH Princess Máxima,Chair of the Curatorium,will attend the Oratio by the new holder of the Prince Claus Chair,
Prof. Patricia Almeida Ashley,at the International Institute for Social Studies,The Hague today.

30-03-2010 The Hague: Princess Maxima attended the oration
of prof. Patricia Almeida Ashley at the International Institute of
Social Studies in The Hague.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Here are some more pics from today, Princess Máxima at the University of Utrecht,
attending the inaugural lecture of climate researcher Professor Atul Kumar.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga **

Princess Maxima attended the oration of prof. Atul Kumar at the Academy building in Utrecht.
Prof. Atul Kumar has been nominated by the Prince Claus Chair in Development and Equity.
March 23, 2011

PPE Agency Utrecht

Princess Máxima,Patron of Scouting The Netherlands,will speech during the Presentation Ceremony of "Orange 2011" at the Hall of Knights,The Hague on saturday april 9th.

TM King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia of sweden,as well as HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark will be in attendance.

HM The King is Honorary Chair of the World Scout Fund
HRH Princess Benedikte is Patron of the Baden-Powell Society.

The Prince and Princess will attend a concert by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the Salle Pleyel,Paris on saturday march 17th.

The KCO is the Orchestra in Residence in Paris,London and Brussels during the 2011/2012 season with Valerie Gergiev as director.:)

Salle Pleyel

The Prince and Princess will attend a concert by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the Salle Pleyel,Paris on saturday march 17th.

The KCO is the Orchestra in Residence in Paris,London and Brussels during the 2011/2012 season with Valerie Gergiev as director.:)

Salle Pleyel

The Concert goes ahead as planned.Paris march 17th.

Salle Pleyel

It was not a night to remember,by the music,yes,but not by the downright rude booing and it becoming more of a political evening no-one,she the least,had asked for.HRH happened to arrive at the same time as french government minister Frederique Mitterand and he was yelled and booed at.Unfortunately that coincided with the arrival of HRH.The french Sarko minister is very unpopular apparently and the program even had to be changed just to avoid more booing outside for the Royal.Le peuple even yelled "Vive le Republique"...!!!!!!!!!!!!She definitely doesn't deserve that scum!!!!Really....the french know how to host,or how to get le peuple out and about...There isn't likely to be a next visit to Paris,or France under the circumstances.Que'll affront!Bah.The French can handle their own just as great as they can handle their budget....NOT!!:ermm:

Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima bij concert van Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest in Parijs - Het Koninklijk Huis

Originally HRH The Prince of Orange was planned to be in attendance as well,but he was in London with family (HM) visiting Princess Mabel & the children and ofcourse his brother Prince Friso.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima attended the concert of the Royal Concertbuilding Orchestra at the Salle Pleyel in Paris. March 17, 2012

PPE Agency Paris

The Prince of Orange was supposed to attend a concert with Princess Máxima in Paris on Saturday night.
At the last minute he cancelled this engagement and Princess Máxima went alone.
He decided to pay his brother Friso a visit at the Wellington Hospital in London.
I wonder if this means something...
Why did he decide to go to London so suddenly and cancelled his engagement at the last minute?
I find it strange, especially because he was in London earlier this week.
I don't want to speculate, but since we won't get official information on Friso's condition, we have to look at other signs.
By the way; Princess Máxima didn't have a nice evening in Paris; when she entered the Concert Hall, some members in the audience booed at her and someone shouted: "Vive la Republique!"

The booing certainly was not nice but Maxima surely understands, other than those people shouting, that a republic and a parliamentarian monarchy is just two types of democracy. So I don't think she was bothered at all.

Pretty rude of the French to boo Maxima. What business is it of theirs what system of government the Dutch choose to use? I prefer a constitutional monarchy to an elected presidency, but it doesn't mean I'd boo the President of the United States.

Pretty rude of the French to boo Maxima. What business is it of theirs what system of government the Dutch choose to use? I prefer a constitutional monarchy to an elected presidency, but it doesn't mean I'd boo the President of the United States.
You are absolutely correct. I enjoy the fact the many countries have quite different forms of government. I enjoy learning about them all. Not one is 100% correct or 100% wrong. Just quite different with different rules and laws. To boo an official of another country is just ill mannered. I always think when I read of such things that the booing person's mother sure didn't raise him well Or, maybe the parents had no manners to start with. Shame they exist.

Were they booing her or the Frech Minister Frederic Mitterand? The Sarkozy government is not terribly popular after all. Maxima might just have been caught in the crossfire.

I can assure you that the vast majority of the French are most pleased to welcome any kind of royal people and doesn't shoot "Vive la République" at the sight of any crowned head. I suspect the booing was more or less directed to the french minister of Culture, Frederic Mitterrand (the nephew of the late President,) member of the uber unpopular Sarkozy's government (and well known for his deference toward royalty) rather than this poor Maxima (because let's face it, the vast majority doesn't even know who she is).
So please don't generalise to the entire french people because one or two left wing morron thought it was fun to express some uncanny revolutunary feeling in front of an unpopular minister and a rather obscure Princess ( this incident, as well as Maxima's visit were not even mentioned by the national press).
1789 is over folks, we don't behead kings anymore ...

Que'll affront!Bah.The French can handle their own just as great as they can handle their budget....NOT!!

I can understand you disapointment but this kind of comments generalising the attitude of some morrons to an entire nation are higly disapoiting if not insulting.

Were they booing her or the Frech Minister Frederic Mitterand? The Sarkozy government is not terribly popular after all. Maxima might just have been caught in the crossfire

Seems obvious. Wa can add that Frederic Mitterand is the nephew of the late left wing president François Mitterand and is more or less seen to have betrayed his family convictions to become one of the Sarkozy's ministers. He's well known for his deference toward all things regarding royalty too. This demonstation was of course directed to him and not this poor Maxima (a rather unknown figure here in France).

Last edited:
I can assure you that the vast majority of the French are most pleased to welcome any kind of royal people and doesn't shoot "Vive la République" at the sight of any crowned head. I suspect the booing was more or less directed to the french minister of Culture, Frederic Mitterrand (the nephew of the late President,) member of the uber unpopular Sarkozy's government (and well known for his deference toward royalty) rather than this poor Maxima (because let's face it, the vast majority doesn't even know who she is).
So please don't generalise to the entire french people because one or two left wing morron thought it was fun to express some uncanny revolutunary feeling in front of an unpopular minister and a rather obscure Princess ( this incident, as well as Maxima's visit were not even mentioned by the national press).

You are right. Perhaps, she was not the object of their boos, so we cannot jump to conclusions. I guess, everyone is touchy, because of the Prince Friso crisis.

I didn't mean to generalise. I feel that those who did the booing were being rude, whatever their motive in doing so.

I think most people in that crowd didn't know who Maxima or Friso are unless they were royalists.

Back
Top Bottom