Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - November 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad maxima is now involved in Suicide Prevention initiatives. i imagine her sister's suicide was a traumatic experience to live for her and her family, and following that she will for sure have some interesting ideas to bring to the table as someone personally affected, whilst also raising the profile of suicide prevention and allowing to take the tabu away from speaking about suicide.

i am glad maxima is now involved in Suicide Prevention initiatives. i imagine her sister's suicide was a traumatic experience to live for her and her family, and following that she will for sure have some interesting ideas to bring to the table as someone personally affected, whilst also raising the profile of suicide prevention and allowing to take the tabu away from speaking about suicide.

Yes, it is a subject that most people find extremely hard to talk about but if more respected individuals would step up and bring this subject to light and respect it as a mental/physical/emotional problem much will be accomplished. My neighbor has been on the Suicide Hotline for years and I have been privileged to help in a very small way at times. My husband's nephew committed suicide 10 years ago so I do personally know the trauma that the family endures. I admire the Queen for getting involved as it must be extremely hard for her personally.

The queen will be back to work next week.

(not sure if this is the right thread, but i'm sure it will be moved if it isn't ? )

Q.Maxima features on dutch children's tv show "Lang leve de muziek" (literally "Long live music") talking to a young Harp-player.
When the player (Koen is his name) asks her if she would like a try, she does, but says "that was really bad" :lol:
https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/2811494/maxima-speelt-harp-dat-was-heel-slecht

Other bits from this show

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Praemium Erasmanianum is one of the legacies of the late Prince Bernhard (husband of Queen Juliana, grandfather of King Willem-Alexander). In 1940 he established the Prince Bernhard Fund, originally to purchase arms (it was World War II at the time). Later the Prince changed it into the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund. In addition, in 1958 the Prince established the cultural Foundation Praemium Erasmanianum, a special award, in addition to the Zilveren Anjers (Silver Carnations) of the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund.

At the moment the Prince Bernhard Fund has 326 million Euro on the bank, with an annual spending of had-outs and subsidies for cultural projects of 34 million Euro. The Foundation Praemium Erasmanianum does not hand out subsidies but gives an annual prize of 150.000 Euro to a laureate (what Queen Máxima did, yesterday).

The Prince Bernhard Fund houses in a momuntal richly decorated canal mansion (House De Vicq). The King is the Patron of the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund.

Last edited:

Today, December 4, Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the international distributor of fresh organic and fair fruits and vegetables Eosta in Waddinxveen, winner of the Plaque for Sustainable Entrepreneurship of the King William I Foundation:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:

Queen Máxima paid a working visit to AFAS Software in Leusden, winner of the Koning Willem I Prize in the large company category, today, January 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery ** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

** dailymail: Purple reign! Queen Maxima opts for a trouser suit and mixes up her regal look with fun tassel earrings ..**

Later today Máxima attended the meeting "Cultural diversity at the top" at the Social and Economic Council in Den Haag:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I love the hat. The dress is pretty but I am not sure I understand the thinking of putting the patterned section right at the waist and hip area. It accentuates that area and not necessarily in a good way. This is not a criticism of Max, other royals have worn similar dresses and i have felt the same thing. I guess designers are more concerned with their artistic senses than flattering their clients.

Best pictures are the ones with everyone in neon orange coats and hairnets!:D

Edit to add: Big oops! I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. I thought I was in the fashion thread.

Last edited:
Near my hometown and where my brother works. :lol: He had to open a door for her and say:''Dag Majesteit''.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the Sensire healthcare organization in Varsseveld today, April 3:

** Pic ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom