Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some more pics of Queen Máxima's recent events:

At the MoneyWays class at the ROC van Amsterdam on September 13:

** pm gallery: Maxima tout sourire pour parler argent **

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** dpp: Queen Maxima at MoneyWays class **

At the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) of the Ministry of Defence in Soesterberg also on September 13:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

And at the Postcode Lotery Green Challenge on September 14:

** pm gallery: Maxima veut tout savoir sur le déminage **

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** dpp gallery: Queen Maxima at Postcode Lotery Green Challenge **

Last edited:

Today, October 4, Queen Máxima attended the first day of the 5th European Nursing Congress under the theme "Caring for Older People: How Can We Do the Right Things Right?" in Rotterdam:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the update!
As expected, the Romanovs gave Grand Duchess Anna Pavlovna an imperial dowry. I am not surprised that the jewells were grand.

Last edited:

Queen Máxima made a working visit to the Dutch Design Week (DDW) in Eindhoven today, October 25:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I was surprised to see the info boards for each of the designs at Dutch Design Week have info in English. I get it that Eindhoven is a tech center, but English?
It has become quite normal in Europe to have bilingual signs. Language of the country and English. And English is becoming more and more prevalent, anyway. From "sale" signs to information signs (train stations, museums, etc.). More and more English words are mixed into the European languages. Sometimes to the amusement of native English speakers. E.g. "cell phone" translates to "Handy" in German, with an English pronounciation. A perfume store chain used "come in and find out" as a slogan. Lest not forget English swearwords, can't speak for other countries, but here in Germany the f-word, s-word and the one with bull... have become en vogue, you'll hear 'em everywhere, even from teachers.

@ topic: I like Queen Máxima's outfit. Especially that poncho. Very fitting. To Her Majesty and the season.

best wishes Michiru

I was surprised to see the info boards for each of the designs at Dutch Design Week have info in English. I get it that Eindhoven is a tech center, but English? Queen Maxima of The Netherlands displays her trim figure at Dutch Design Week* | Daily Mail Online

Bi-lingual (dutch and english) is nowadays getting quite common, many international businesses have an office or plant in the NL and communication even in everyday business life is getting more and more bi-lingual.

Queen Máxima attended the celebration of the 90th anniversary of the community centre De Mussen in Den Haag today, November 17:

Last edited:

Queen Máxima handed out the Prince Bernhard Culture Price 2016 to documentarian Heddy Honigmann in Amsterdam today, December 2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom