Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
":previous:

The conference is n the 11th and 12th of October, so sadly that means that the journalists were correct and she will not be able to receive the Duchess of Cambridge on the 11th.

Plus HM will be in Washington DC on the days before attending meetings with the IMF and Worldbank.Would be a tad too much to fly home first to have lunch with Catherine only just for us to ohh and ahh on the outfits and the hairdo's.....:ROFLMAO:..

More pics of yesterday's panel discussion (October 7) can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **

Impressive to hold her own among these people,issues and situations!!None such as our Máxima,regardless how they try and sweet as they are,they never keep up with her!:flowers:

Impressive to hold her own among these people,issues and situations!!None such as our Máxima,regardless how they try and sweet as they are,they never keep up with her!:flowers:

It is also just politesse. Keeping up appearances for some photogenic moments with a Queen. We do not know how serious she is taken by the CEO's of the IMF, the World Bank and their likes.

It is also just politesse. Keeping up appearances for some photogenic moments with a Queen. We do not know how serious she is taken by the CEO's of the IMF, the World Bank and their likes.

You mean you don't know,but believe me,she is taken very serious,very serious indeed!

Yesterday, October 9, Queen Máxima spoke during a Wim Duisenberg lecture at the annual meeting of the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund in Washington DC. Here's a pic and a copy of her speech in English:

** Pic ** koninklijkhuis.nl: speech **

You mean you don't know,but believe me,she is taken very serious,very serious indeed!

i am glad you confirm that! i would love to for you to expand how you know she is taken seriously on the matter. she does strike me as someone who particularly knows the subject and works hard on it. her background in finance probably helps.

i think her appointment by the UN secretary himself as his Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development is a true indication of this. this is not like one of those 'UN goodwill ambassador' positions where they just need a pretty face that will attract the media. maxima has clearly earned it. to my knowledge, no other royals in UN positions have had the honor of being chosen by the UN secretary general.

links about her visit to argentina today and tomorrow:

maxima's agenda includes a press conference on microcredits at university UCA and will meet with the president the next day.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1945925-reina-holanda-maxima-zorreguieta-mauricio-macri
from the embassy of the netherlands in argentina: http://argentina.nlembajada.org/not...o-del-acceso-a-los-servicios-financieros.html

Last edited:
so, my question is answered. the pictures of maxima this morning leaving for her meetings were taken at Palace Duhau, which is the 5 star hotel owned by hilton where maxima is staying. the palace is a true beauty, which is inspired on the french 'chateau du marais'.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palacio_Duhau
https://buenosaires.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Cómo es por dentro el Palacio Duhau, el hotel donde se hospeda la reina Máxima en Buenos Aires - 11.10.2016 - LA NACION

the argentinian media mostly concentrated on maxima's business agenda, yet i was disappointed to see that they decided to also put on the first page of news that she wore a 2500 dollar dress by Givenchy today - when argentina is neither paying for it and she is only there on business benefiting argentina purely and not necessarily the netherlands. :bang:

Máxima lució un vestido de 2.500 dólares en su primer día en Argentina

I think Maxima is a very impressive individual indeed, regardless of her Royal status. I admire her doing something useful with her life, as well as being Queen Consort.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It is great she can have some time with her family, the hotel is very close to her parents apartment. Her sister looks so different from her and so serious!

Mauricio Macri recibió a la reina Máxima en la quinta de Olivos - 12.10.2016 - LA NACION

Las fotos de la reina Máxima con Mauricio Macri, Juliana Awada y Antonia - 12.10.2016 - LA NACION

Mauricio Macri recibió a la reina Máxima en la quinta de Olivos - 12.10.2016 - LA NACION

¿Qué le regaló la reina Máxima a Antonia Macri? - 12.10.2016 - LA NACION
Maxima is giving a gift to the daughter of the Argentinean President and the gift is: Puppets and a book from a Dutch author.
The Argentinean president's wife has another daughter from a previous relation, hope she brought something for her too. I feel sorry for that girl, she is never in any occasion, I understand Macri is not her father but I would think they are a family of 4 not a family of 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Valentina has been involved. There are photos of her with her and her mother with Michelle Obama for instance on a visit. I am sure maxima would be aware the president has a stepdaughter, who the photos seem to show he seems to have a close relationship with, I would think she would include Valentina :flowers:

It is great seeing Maxima's family out to see her in action :flowers:

Its a long trip for her just to be 2 days hopfully she stay a few days extra to enjoy with family and friends

DECEMBER 14, 2016: Dutch Queen Maxima meets with German Development Minister Gerd Mueller on December 14, 2016 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Florian Gaertner/Photothek via Getty Images)

Picture 1 ** Picture 2

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands (L) and German Federal Minister of Finance Wolfgang Schaeuble (R) speak at the German Federal Ministry of Finance in Berlin, Germany, 14 December 2016.

Picture 1 ** Picture 2 ** Picture 3

Last edited by a moderator:
maxima is looking fantastic in davos. i loved that Alexandra rich skirt that she wore a while ago and also the dress that she recycled too. the new jumpsuit looks like a hit too!!

Royals & Fashion: La reine Maxima au forum économique mondial, Davos

arianna huffington published this, it sounds like maxima has taken to embroidery to destress! :p i love how chilled she is and how willing she is to open up on things like these.

ariannahuff Last night at Jack Ma's dinner with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands who told me how she took up embroidery to destress (ok, she was in heels and I was in flats, but come on, how tall is she given that I'm 5'10!) #DavosDiary

Queen Máxima during a panel session on the closing day of the 47th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, yesterday, January 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Máxima during a panel session on the closing day of the 47th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, yesterday, January 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HM looks very sceptical on the words she's forced to listen too...Lots of nonsense is said there these days,and some make sense..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom