Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH will be in Cairo,Egypt this week tuesday to thursday promotong Inclusive Finance.
The Princess will speech at the American University in Cairo for students and guests and will visit farmers in the Nile delta area.
I just hope she gets to see and hear just as much as I did when I visited rural Egypt and talked with farmers there last year.But then I was with a family from Cairo,and we didn't have authorities circumnavigate around who told us what to say and do on such occasions.I Hail the visit and speech,but the rural visit will be a farce as that's just all tidied up for the occasion and the farmers are actors.Egypt is known for its Pyramids,its cuisine,and best of all:its cheating with a smile....:p

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy ANP

Princess Máxima received three winners of the 'G20 SME Finance Challenge"
at Eikenhorst, December 15, 2010. They received the award during the G20
summit in Seoul for their innovative plans for financing SMEs in developing
countries.

** Pic **

Princess Máxima today for Inculsive Finance meeting in Basel:

» Máxima voor ‘Inclusive Finance’ bijeenkomst in Bazel

Thank you,good to see Máxima back,and especially on this occasion which concerns a meeting by her initiative and President Wellink of the Dutch Bank who is President of the Basel Committee of Bank Auditors,with representatives of International Standard Organisations in the Global Financial Sector,a first of its kind with organisations in this field globally on the position inclusive finance has to the mandates of the International Standard Organisations.Well done Máxima!!

Thank you for keeping us updated on all things Maxima!

I too have been missing news regarding Maxima while the royal family was in Argentina for chirstmas. It's good to see her back- thanks for the update!

The Princess will attend the International Responsible Finance Forum at the Foreign Office,The Hague,thursday january 27th.

The Forum is an initiative of HRH in her capacity of UN SG Advisor on Inclusive Finance,the Dutch Foreign Office,
the German Ministry of Development Cooperation,CGAP (Consultative Group to assist the Poor),and the International
Finance Cooperation ( part of the Worldbank).

I can tell you already that I do not give one yota about how her hair is going to be,n 'importe pas,except for the lightheaded superficial.What we focus on here is the function and personal as well as National weight and expertise the Princess radiates and has thus become a globally respected and admired expert who by this work,builds up goodwill for- and shines off on us as a country.And I applaud her for that.:)

Princess Maxima attended the international Responsible Finance Forum at the
ministry of foreign affairs in Den Haag, January 27, 2011. The Principles for
Investors in Inclusive Finance was signed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

In her role as member of the Council of Microfinance Princess Máxima attended
with Eurocommissaris Dr. L. Andor the signing of one of the agreements between
Qredits and the European investment foundation EIF in Den Haag, February 11, 2011.

** ppe gallery **

** Twee miljoen voor microkredieten ** translation **

Last edited:
Wow! She has another engagement today!

Yesterday, March 21, Princess Maxima attended in New York the 2011 Women's World Banking Global Celebration Dinner

Her speech

Het Koninklijk Huis

Yesterday, March 21, Princess Maxima attended in New York the 2011 Women's World Banking Global Celebration Dinner

Her speech

Het Koninklijk Huis

The Princess,UN SG Special Advocate on Inclusive Finance,attended several meetings in NYC on monday and was the guest of honour in the evening at the Woman's World Banking 2011 Global Dinner Celebration.

On tuesday HRH had organised a presentation on micro-finance for representatives of other UN Departments involved in the field.Anthony Lake of UNICEF and Helen Clark of the UN DEvelopment Programmes,ao,were in attendance.

Last edited:
The Princess left for Africa today as she will visit Senegal and Mali from may 8th till may 13th in her capacity as UN SG Special Envoy for Inclusive Finance.

Last edited:

Princess Máxima attended the international microfinance meeting at the Koninklijk Instituut voor de
Tropen in Amsterdam on June 8, 2011.
She received the first copy of the photobook "Small loans big passion, Photo Stories: Microfinance
from the Inside" by Mrs. Margereth Njeri Muhia.

** Pic ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga/anp **

Last edited:
Very busy week for Maxima yet she stills seems to have the energy to keep going.
I wonder if she's to be kept busy since they'll be away for the summer.

Princess Máxima attended the International Congress of the European Microfinance Network (EMN) in the
Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam, June 9, 211.
EMN is the European organization for microfinance for bankers, investors, policymakers and representatives
of the European Commission.

The Princess,UN SG Special Advocate on Inclusive Finance,will be in Mexico City,june 15th and 16th.

June 15th: the Princess will meet with President Calderon and Finance Minister Codero_One issue that will be discussed concerns the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion of which the Princess is Honorary Patron,while Mexico is Chair for the G20 Summit in june 2012.

June 16th: HRH will have meetings with representatives of financial institutions,regional banks,micro-credit institutions and the private sector.

The Princess was asked to be Honorary Patron of the G20 Global Partnership,this world-wide initiative on Inclusive Finance,in her capacity of UN SG Special Advocate to the UN SG Ban Ki Moon.Since mid june,so,since this week,HRH is appointed as the Honorary Patron.No doubt a new challenge for the Princess,and an honour.Congratulations!:)

Last edited:

Princess Máxima attended the opening of the social performance task force in ’s Hertogenbosch,
June 21, 2011. The SPTF is an international organization of 1.000 members representing all main
areas in microfinance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom