Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Princess Máxima as UN Secretary General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development is in Rome for two days to meet with senior officials of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP). Today, March 21, she held a speech at a conference of the International Fund for Agricultural Development.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** anp gallery ** Máxima's speech **

Great to see her that active, both CP Máxima and CP Wilhelm-Alexander are doing great work for people that are less privileged. Máxima has a very good speaking voice and everyone can see that she clearly has deep understanding of financial matters! She is very smart and educated, I like her level-headedness and her ambition to work towards a better world - not only for her own citizens but also ppl far away in poor countries like Tanzania or Bangladesh.

In that last pictures from Rome she is wearing the same outfit as in the video message from November 6-8 at the 8th International Microinsurance Conference.
I love that vibrant blue colour and it suits her very well!
Máxima held a very informative and well-researched speech,I have learnt a lot by reading it and now I understand better what she and the whole organisations are doing.

previous.gif
Princess Maxima's speech in Bali

I know WA has had to give up his UN Water appointment in advance of his accession but I wonder why Maxima has been allowed to continue with hers. Any reason behind it?

I know WA has had to give up his UN Water appointment in advance of his accession but I wonder why Maxima has been allowed to continue with hers. Any reason behind it?

Máxima isn't nor will become a Reigning Monarch while WA will,that's the difference.It was agreed decades ago that if WA would become King,he would give up all his functions for,ao,the UN.For Máxima this doesn't apply,see the above.

Last edited:
HRH Princess Máxima will attend and speech at the 5th anniversary of the Currency Exchange Fund,Hilton hotel Amsterdam tuesday april 9th.

The Currency Exchange Fund,TCX,was founded by developing organisations to help clear the valuta risks on long term loans for small businesses.Since its founding it aided for 1,5 billion euro's worth in 50 developing countries.

previous.gif
Princess Maxima at the 5th anniversary of the Currency Exchange Fund at the Hilton in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto

Last edited:
Not sure if this is to do with her as a UN advocate

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands during a meeting with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon on May 7, 2013 at UN headquarters in New York. AFP PHOTO/Stan HONDA (Photo credit should read STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images)

Gettyimages picture gallery ** demotix.com gallery

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
We are getting a small influx of European royals here in the US at the moment. MM & Haakon, Mary, Queen Maxima, Queen Silvia, & King CG, and Harry tomorrow. Anyone else I'm missing? Wow! All at the same time.

A friend of mine spotted Queen M at the airport at Washington DC yesterday. He was in the same flight back. :)

Ah, so she isn't using the KBX then but a regular (KLM?) flight.

Didn't Helen Clark also attend the inauguration? I believe that she was included in the group photo.

i'm very happy that maxima continues her role with the UN now that she's queen. she's obviously an appreciated team mate and colleague in the areas she contributes to. i guess ban ki moon is happy to continue to have her along.

A friend of mine spotted Queen M at the airport at Washington DC yesterday. He was in the same flight back. :)

i always thought royals got into a VIP lounge area at airports as soon as they arrive, so it want's very easy to spot them, so lucky friend of yours! did he tell you any details?

He saw het going into a room to wash her hands and later he noticed her sitting in the plane.
He took a picture and filmed her (though I wish he hadn't). He posted them at his FB page, but has kept the setting to friends only. The pictures are so blurry anyway that she is unrecognisable.
It was a normal flight. I don't know if she sat economy or buisiness, the short film (10 sec. or so) was too blurry to make any sense.

Last edited:
Ah, so she isn't using the KBX then but a regular (KLM?) flight.

Didn't Helen Clark also attend the inauguration? I believe that she was included in the group photo.

She,they all,use scheduled flights instead of KBX,the KBX isn't designed for long haul flights,just short- to medium haul.And with outgoing state visits the old bird is flown out two to three days before and hops from airport to airport to finally land somewhere in the neighbourhood of the country where the state visit takes place.Then,HM and now TM,hop over from their scheduled flights into the KBX and most think they flew it the whole stretch...nah...never,not outside Europe anyway.:)

Queen Máxima at the plenary session of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) in Oslo, Norway, 20 June 2013. The FATF-GAFI Plenary Meeting runs until 21 June.

** Pic ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Nice that she stays active in the field of finance.

She was given a traditional Norwegian knitted jacket, but I have no idea who gave it to her. Perhaps she can use it to cover up the Natan creation that she is wearing. While in Oslo hopefully she will have time to visit her godson Sverre Magnus.

Today it was also announced that on October 2nd she and the king will pay a one day introduction visit to Norway.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here is another picture
Maxima looked great at this event. How many days is this forum for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom