Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Máxima will be adressing a two day Micro-Finance conference at the University of Greenwich
on monday and tuesday,september 6th and 7th.

Here's a pic of Princess Máxima at the conference at the University of Greenwich
yesterday, September 6, 2010, and a link to the speech she has held:

** Pic ** Speech **

The Princess,UN Special Advocate on Finance for Development,will attend meetings in NYC on wednesday september 22nd.

The Princess,UN Special Advocate on Finance for Development,will attend meetings in NYC on wednesday september 22nd.

The Princess,as well as the Prince of Orange,will fly to New York immediatly after the official events today,Prinsjesdag.

The Princess,UN Secretary Advisor of Inclusive Finance,will attend the summit on Milennium goals and also introduce
a summit on Financial Inclusion by The Netherlands and the US on wednesday the 22nd.

She will also present UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon with her report on her work the past year on Inclusive Finance
and bilateral talks globally.

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands Addressing the Global Water and Sanitation Challenges during the 65 General Assembly MDG's meeting.
Pic 1 - Pic 2 -- Pic 3

More

Some pics without watermarks:

Netherlands' Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende with Princess Máxima and
Prince Willem-Alexander, September 22, 2010 before a high-level discussion
on financial inclusion on the sidelines of the Millennium Development Goals
Summit at a hotel in New York. The discussion was hosted jointly by the
United States and the Netherlands.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Maxima meets with United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
during the opening day of the general debate of the 65th session General
Assembly at United Nations headquarters in New York on September 23,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Last edited:

Princess Maxima attended the national conference of the Foundation's
Microfinance and Entrepreneurship at the Media Plaza in Utrecht, Sep.
29, 2010. During the meeting, Princess Maxima spoke with a number of
entrepreneurs about their experiences in obtaining a microcredit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Princess Maxima attended the national conference of the Foundation's
Microfinance and Entrepreneurship at the Media Plaza in Utrecht, Sep.
29, 2010. During the meeting, Princess Maxima spoke with a number of
entrepreneurs about their experiences in obtaining a microcredit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

These rocks...like Wilma Flintstone used to wear back in them old days when I was young-er.....:D

HRH Princess Maxima attends the national conference of the Foundation's Microfinance and Entrepreneurship Netherlands at the Media Plaza in Utrecht 29-09-2010

BelgaPicture - Category details

HRH Princess Máxima attended,and speeched at,the opening of the FinNet 2010 Conference,
at the HQ of the Worldbank Group,Washington DC tuesday october 19th.

Princess Máxima attended the conference "The Future of Banking" of the
Dutch Development Finance Company (FMO) in Den Haag, November 1st.

Subject of the conference is the futuremodel of banking and technology
in developing countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga/anp **

** ppe picture gallery **

Last edited:
Lovely! I love princess Máxima! For me, she is the most prepared princess to become queen.

In her role as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services Princess Maxima has
attended the International Conference for Agriculture, Food Security and Climate
Change in Den Haag today, November 4, 2010. in her speech she stressed the
importance that people have good access to financial services.

** Pic ** Pic 2 ** anp/belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
The Princess attends the First Conference on Saving in Developing Countries during the Global Savings Forum
organised by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle USA,november 16th and 17th.

The Princess and Melinda Gates together introduced this Forum for about 250 participants from the financial
sector,telecom industry and development sector and government officials from 38 countries.

On another note,from 2011 onwards KLM resumes her scheduled flights to Buenes Aires.
Once among the most popular of Latin American flights,AMS - Buenes - Santiago will,
partially,be restored,we don't fly to Santiago.:)

Last edited:

Here are a few pics from the event yesterday:

Melinda French Gates, Co-chair and Trustee, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Princess Maxima,
U.N. Secretary General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development, during the
session Comparing Notes From Our Travels: A Conversation at The Global Savings Forum in
Seattle, WA. November 16, 2010.

** ppe gallery **

Lovely! I love princess Máxima! For me, she is the most prepared princess to become queen.

I agree. I have always felt that with her background and personality, she best represents what a modern working princess should be. :)

Being a "princess" is a rather archaic and old-fashioned role which must be stifling--but, for me, she and Queen Rania seem to be the two who stand out as bringing their roles into the 21st century. It's not just about pretty dresses and ribbon cutting for them.

HRH will be in Cairo,Egypt this week tuesday to thursday promotong Inclusive Finance.
The Princess will speech at the American University in Cairo for students and guests and will visit farmers in the Nile delta area.
I just hope she gets to see and hear just as much as I did when I visited rural Egypt and talked with farmers there last year.But then I was with a family from Cairo,and we didn't have authorities circumnavigate around who told us what to say and do on such occasions.I Hail the visit and speech,but the rural visit will be a farce as that's just all tidied up for the occasion and the farmers are actors.Egypt is known for its Pyramids,its cuisine,and best of all:its cheating with a smile....:p

Maxima is a wonderful example of how a constitutional monarchy can play an important role in the sphere of economic well being of those with less money rather than more. Microfinance is a genuine route for improving the quality of life of average people because it offers a safety net and restructuring with long term economic benefits for families. This is far better area to sponsor than dabbling on the fringes in some wishy washy way with charities for fashionable causes that just hand out money.

well said rob2008 and I totally agree!!!

Princess Maxima, United Nations Secretary General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development, speaks during a conference about the UN-project 'Inclusive Finance' at the American University in Cairo, Egypt, 24 November 2010.

BelgaPicture - Category details

Great seeing Maxima do quite a bit of speeches & attend conferences around the world, she is very much into it and does it because she likes it.
Not a bad color on her IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom