Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
proof that having a foreign-born queen does have its perks at getting one an invite into big events like the G20 ;) Well done on maxima for having orchestrated that.

i believe it is the first time we see her in a G20?

Interestingly, based on the size of the economy Argentina shouldn't be in the G20 (as it's the 21st economy) and the Netherlands should be (as it is the 18th) - the Netherland's economy is about 30% bigger (measured in GDP) than Argentina's... :whistling:

It might be the first time for Mark Rutte to be invited. His precessor Balkenende attended several G20 meetings.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Its scenes like this that has endears so many to Queen Máxima,she is so naturally warm .

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands arrives in Amman

Amman, Feb. 10 (Petra) -- Queen Maxima of the Netherlands arrived in Amman on Sunday on a several-day visit to Jordan where she will meet with their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah.
Queen Maxima is visiting Jordan in her capacity as the UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development. She will check firsthand on a number of projects targeting Syrian women and refugees.

Last edited:
Thank you iceflower for always keeping us up to date with HM work. I wished there were subtitles for the interview she gave in Jordan!
I love how assertive & confident she is chairing those meetings. Reminds me of Queen Letizia with at various boards meetings!

:previous:

You are most welcome, EvaH! :flowers:

Today, March 11, Queen Máxima was in Basel, Switzerland, to attend an international meeting for governors of central banks at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). She did so in her role as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services.

** Pic **

Queen Máxima attended the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group in her role as the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development yesterday and today, April 12.

Today she spoke at the "Mission Billion: Transforming Countries and Empowering People Through Digital Identity" event, here are some screenshots:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And some more:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:

This morning, May 9, Queen Máxima in her role as UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development held the opening speech of the conference "Future of Health Coverage" in Amsterdam:

** Pic ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
In the evening the G20 Summit participants attended a dinner and posed for a group photo:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Meeting between Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on the sidelines of G20 Osaka Summit

Several members of parliament are not amused that the queen had this meeting and did not discuss the UN report about the crown prince involvement in the murder of mr. Khashoggi (this was confirmed by the RVD) - and are surprised that nobody advised against it/that it was approved. See this article on NOS (the Dutch BBC).

Several members of parliament are not amused that the queen had this meeting and did not discuss the UN report about the crown prince involvement in the murder of mr. Khashoggi (this was confirmed by the RVD) - and are surprised that nobody advised against it/that it was approved. See this article on NOS (the Dutch BBC).

The politically responsible Prime Minister was is Osaka and all participants posed for a group photo with the Crown Prince included. Let us say: real life is not the Place Of Perfection the Binnenhof (Inner Court, the Houses of Parliament) mistakes it for.

I also found the photo of the Queen with a known murderer rather surprising.

I understand what you say Duc: in international politics you are bound to have to deal with people with dirty hands, including dictators and murderers. But I see no reason why we have to drag the queen down into the filth with these kind of people.

I suppose she must have met with the CP to convince him of the impact of micro finance. I can imagine a normal UN envoy meeting the Crown Prince. But HM is not a normal diplomat. She is not a politician. She is the Queen of The Netherlands. The Queen of The Netherlands should not be photographed cosying up to & thus legitimizing murderers and dictators.

This meeting was very ill advised done with complete disregard for HM role as our Queen. As her work for the UN is now hampering her most important role perhaps it is time to drop the UN function.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom