The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I know WA has had to give up his UN Water appointment in advance of his accession but I wonder why Maxima has been allowed to continue with hers. Any reason behind it?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I know WA has had to give up his UN Water appointment in advance of his accession but I wonder why Maxima has been allowed to continue with hers. Any reason behind it?

Máxima isn't nor will become a Reigning Monarch while WA will,that's the difference.It was agreed decades ago that if WA would become King,he would give up all his functions for,ao,the UN.For Máxima this doesn't apply,see the above.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some additional pics of Máxima in Rome on March 21:

** ppe gallery **
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Majesty

HRH Princess Máxima will attend and speech at the 5th anniversary of the Currency Exchange Fund,Hilton hotel Amsterdam tuesday april 9th.

The Currency Exchange Fund,TCX,was founded by developing organisations to help clear the valuta risks on long term loans for small businesses.Since its founding it aided for 1,5 billion euro's worth in 50 developing countries.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Princess Maxima at the 5th anniversary of the Currency Exchange Fund at the Hilton in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a nice large gallery from today without watermarks:

** dpp: Princess Maxima attends anniversary Currency Exchange Fund **

And a mixed one including the latest events of Queen Beatrix.

** pp: La reine Beatrix radieuse avec Vladimir Poutine, Maxima dans les starting-blocks **
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Not sure if this is to do with her as a UN advocate

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands during a meeting with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon on May 7, 2013 at UN headquarters in New York. AFP PHOTO/Stan HONDA (Photo credit should read STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images)

Gettyimages picture gallery ** demotix.com gallery
Old 05-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

video Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Not sure if this is to do with her as a UN advocate
Yes it had,absolutely!!The Queen still holds the position in the field as UN SG Special Advocate on Inclusive Finance for Development and it was in that capacity Queen Mäxima and Ban Ki Moon met.

More from yesterday

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1531213

Courtesy ANP
Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Queen Maxima met Helen Clark, the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme UNDP.

Helen Clark ‏@HelenClarkUNDP Honoured 2 be visited by #Netherlands Queen Maxima, @UN @secgen Special Advocate 4 Inclusive Finance 4 #Development pic.twitter.com/cmfZQc9efn
Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

We are getting a small influx of European royals here in the US at the moment. MM & Haakon, Mary, Queen Maxima, Queen Silvia, & King CG, and Harry tomorrow. Anyone else I'm missing? Wow! All at the same time.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Courtier

A friend of mine spotted Queen M at the airport at Washington DC yesterday. He was in the same flight back. :-)
Old 05-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah, so she isn't using the KBX then but a regular (KLM?) flight.

Didn't Helen Clark also attend the inauguration? I believe that she was included in the group photo.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm very happy that maxima continues her role with the UN now that she's queen. she's obviously an appreciated team mate and colleague in the areas she contributes to. i guess ban ki moon is happy to continue to have her along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
A friend of mine spotted Queen M at the airport at Washington DC yesterday. He was in the same flight back. :-)
i always thought royals got into a VIP lounge area at airports as soon as they arrive, so it want's very easy to spot them, so lucky friend of yours! did he tell you any details?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Courtier

He saw het going into a room to wash her hands and later he noticed her sitting in the plane.
He took a picture and filmed her (though I wish he hadn't). He posted them at his FB page, but has kept the setting to friends only. The pictures are so blurry anyway that she is unrecognisable.
It was a normal flight. I don't know if she sat economy or buisiness, the short film (10 sec. or so) was too blurry to make any sense.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Ah, so she isn't using the KBX then but a regular (KLM?) flight.

Didn't Helen Clark also attend the inauguration? I believe that she was included in the group photo.
She,they all,use scheduled flights instead of KBX,the KBX isn't designed for long haul flights,just short- to medium haul.And with outgoing state visits the old bird is flown out two to three days before and hops from airport to airport to finally land somewhere in the neighbourhood of the country where the state visit takes place.Then,HM and now TM,hop over from their scheduled flights into the KBX and most think they flew it the whole stretch...nah...never,not outside Europe anyway.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today, Queen Maxima attends the annual meeting of CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor) about Inclusive Finance at the Mövenpick Hotel in Amsterdam, May 15, 2013.
Picture gallery Queen Maxima attends annual meeting of CGAP about Inclusive Finance - Dutch Photo Press
Old 05-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

More pics

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto ** Lehtikuva

Getty Images: Queen Maxima of The Netherlands Speaks At International Research Centre's Annual Meeting

"Hola" Máxima de Holanda: nuevo título, viejas causas ** Google Translate
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

A couple of large pics from today can be found here (click on zoom before saving):

** zimbio gallery: Queen Maxima Arrives at the Council of Governors Meeting **

And here's her speech in English!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Majesty

HM Queen Máxima,in her capacity as UN SG Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development will attend and speech at the meeting of the Financial Action Task Force,FATF,at Oslo on thursday morning june 20th.

FATF-GAFI.ORG - Financial Action Task Force (FATF)

Tags
microcredits, princess maxima, queen maxima, united nations